SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

Ok I FINALLY managed to finish updated the opening posts with the current V4 Update map pool for Evolved.

We have had to make do with a lot of default H5 maps for Evolved 4v4 modes since Forge maps have generally had framerate issues since the last update.

Hopefully, with the upcoming H5 maintenance update, Forge can fixed and we can get back to using more well done Forge maps.

Enjoy! Feel free to discuss anything as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@SMARTAN 427
"Added an invisible blocker to stop players from jumping into the ceiling at the top of Cafe Ramp in Cafe."

I consider this a direct nerf to me

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfnXxjrPo4

@@SMARTAN 427 's interview with Roniboney, its lit

Thanks for linking this man.

BTW I made sure to give some shoutouts to some people:

@@Kell Of Scots for re-inspiring me with the Old School settings

@@Sitri for the original idea of the 4sk Health/Shield settings.

@@S0UL FLAME for being great support as my right hand man.

And @@OG Nick as our resident map breaker.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for linking this man.

BTW I made sure to give some shoutouts to some people:

@@Kell Of Scots for re-inspiring me with the Old School settings

@@Sitri for the original idea of the 4sk Health/Shield settings.

@@S0UL FLAME for being great support as my right hand man.

And @@OG Nick as our resident map breaker.

What about me and Hard Way :<

we've been here since the very first attempt to make these settings last March RIPPPPP

It's nice to see some newfound exposure though, so cool this interview happened

• Upvote (+1) 2

What about me and Hard Way :<

we've been here since the very first attempt to make these settings last March RIPPPPP

It's nice to see some newfound exposure though, so cool this interview happened

Sorry, I kinda just lumped you two in with all the other game testers. I knew that I was forgetting some people, dammit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tis all good, its a group effort here

You can now add me to that group effort.

I will be working directly with forgers to bring their Classic maps up to spec, reporting directly to GH057ayame. I will not be selecting the maps, so save your sales pitches, but i will take any and all suggestions. I'll keep this tab open for the duration of the process so you can ask any map related questions here.

You can now add me to that group effort.

I will be working directly with forgers to bring their Classic maps up to spec, reporting directly to GH057ayame. I will not be selecting the maps, so save your sales pitches, but i will take any and all suggestions. I'll keep this tab open for the duration of the process so you can ask any map related questions here.

Um.... just for maps?

I keep hearing "Classic Playlist" and have zero clue what that entails

Um.... just for maps?

I keep hearing "Classic Playlist" and have zero clue what that entails

Meaning, i am working with the forgers who's maps which will eventually be considered for the Classic (Halo 2 & 3) Matchmaking Playlist. I just have to make the distinction because i have nothing to do with the game type settings. I do have a beta game type (90% movement speed) which i use for testing jumps but it's a 'worst case' variant and not to be considered final.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meaning, i am working with the forgers who's maps which will eventually be considered for the Classic (Halo 2 & 3) Matchmaking Playlist. I just have to make the distinction because i have nothing to do with the game type settings. I do have a beta game type (90% movement speed) which i use for testing jumps but it's a 'worst case' variant and not to be considered final.

But how can the maps possibly be scaled properly without knowing what the movement speed will be? That doesn't make sense at all.

​Additionally, 90% would be awful. I hope nothing like that happens.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey I was wondering if there was anyway to play these settings without having to party up with people. I can't find the game types when I search for them in customs browser. Really interested cause these settings look great.

Meaning, i am working with the forgers who's maps which will eventually be considered for the Classic (Halo 2 & 3) Matchmaking Playlist. I just have to make the distinction because i have nothing to do with the game type settings. I do have a beta game type (90% movement speed) which i use for testing jumps but it's a 'worst case' variant and not to be considered final.

I can't help but wonder if Evolved settings will have any influence on the gametype settings.

Spent a lot of time editing and testing some various stuff, where most other community classic gametypes only had one or two iterations.

While the health/shield settings are a unique trait of Evolved, I would hope that the movement and jump settings could get carried over, specifically.

90% base movement speed would be sluggishly slow. I kinda wish I could get with whoever the gametype curator is.

Anyway, thanks for the info. It will be nice to see what maps we get for this considering how well many have been made.

Hey I was wondering if there was anyway to play these settings without having to party up with people. I can't find the game types when I search for them in customs browser. Really interested cause these settings look great.

Unfortunately, one thing I never got around to doing is setting search tags for the gametypes. That and Evolved would probably get mixed in with like a million other different classic settings.

So, I am honestly not too sure.

But how can the maps possibly be scaled properly without knowing what the movement speed will be? That doesn't make sense at all.

​Additionally, 90% would be awful. I hope nothing like that happens.

arg makes a good point nookyard,playing classic halo say in in 4v4 dev maps just does not work cause of elongated sight lines and maps stretched out cause of abilities like sprint of which the maps have been designed for.Can you use the Evolved settings for movement speed thatt wxists now or like the youtuber roniboney did from the vide above a few posts make the following changes and i Quote:I upped the shield health from 70% to 80%

7Qg9ALOQ_200x200.jpg

The movement speed I put down to 110%

7Qg9ALOQ_200x200.jpg

Horizontal and vertical speed went to 120% and I put strafe speed to 110%

• Upvote (+1) 1

i have nothing to do with the game type settings.

I'm the map guy. I believe GH057ayame is in charge of the Game settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know. tweeted to him again today hopefully he sees the  default evolved movement setting  for jump height as well or an example like the one above.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it possible for you to hit him up and tell him to check out this thread for game type suggestions, since you're not in charge of it?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

He is well aware of your suggested settings and have been testing them for months. From my understanding the game play settings are being tweaked and tested extensively, and they have not yet landed on a final setting. It may end up being exactly the same as what is presented here. It may end up being off by a few percentage points here and there. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

arg makes a good point nookyard,playing classic halo say in in 4v4 dev maps just does not work cause of elongated sight lines and maps stretched out cause of abilities like sprint of which the maps have been designed for.Can you use the Evolved settings for movement speed thatt wxists now or like the youtuber roniboney did from the vide above a few posts make the following changes and i Quote:I upped the shield health from 70% to 80%

7Qg9ALOQ_200x200.jpg

The movement speed I put down to 110%

7Qg9ALOQ_200x200.jpg

Horizontal and vertical speed went to 120% and I put strafe speed to 110%

BTW, when I updated Evolved for V4, I toned down the base movement speed to 110% already.

For forward speed and strafe speed they actually do the same thing as base movement speed, except limited to one grid of movement. You don't want moving sideways like strafing to be slower than moving forward/backward(yes adjusting forward speed also changes backwards speed), because then omni-directional movement in any direction is uneven. If you make both faster, then you basically just increased the base movement speed.

I leave forward and strafe speed at 100% default so as not mess things up. With 110% base movement it already is at a good sweet spot, especially with both the forward and strafe acceleration up to the max of 130% for fast changing of directions, in all directions.

If you make the the shields 80% the Magnum is no longer a 4sk which is the whole point of 70% shields. If people don't like the 4sk Magnum you might as well go back to default 100% health and shields.

And I do think that the Evolved jump settings feel perfect. 120% jump height makes it high enough but with 110% jump gravity to make so it is not so 'floaty'.

Ask me anything...

• Upvote (+1) 1

He is well aware of your suggested settings and have been testing them for months. From my understanding the game play settings are being tweaked and tested extensively, and they have not yet landed on a final setting. It may end up being exactly the same as what is presented here. It may end up being off by a few percentage points here and there.

Well damn it would certainly be nice if they would have told us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well damn it would certainly be nice if they would have told us.

They are not allowed to publicly discuss anything until given the green light to do so, which has just happened. It's still very early in the process. I imagine there will be a dialogue regarding the settings sometime in the next few months. The only reason it was announced so early in the process was, it makes my job of collecting maps much more difficult if i have to work in silence. It's hard to light a fire under forgers when you can't tell them why you are interested in their maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are not allowed to publicly discuss anything until given the green light to do so, which has just happened. It's still very early in the process. I imagine there will be a dialogue regarding the settings sometime in the next few months. The only reason it was announced so early in the process was, it makes my job of collecting maps much more difficult if i have to work in silence. It's hard to light a fire under forgers when you can't tell them why you are interested in their maps.

Right. Well I don't mean to be snarky. I just would think that when doing something regarding community creations, that they would well, contact the community that created it. I can't help but get the feeling that 'it's about time'.

Which BTW, I thank you for doing so, as the map guy. A good curated set of maps would have been a godsend for these settings last year, and it was one of the things that we kind of hit a wall on.

I look forward to seeing what you can gather.

But I do look forward and hope to be contacted about gametypes as well. I am already aware that there will likely be some changes and compromises, such as the game changing health and shield settings along with the melee and grenade settings that are altered to balance that out. Even weapon starts and the motion tracker.

But the most important thing for me is the movement settings in the OP of this thread that came with V4. If even just that made it in, I would consider that mission accomplished and would be mostly satisfied.

But once again, thank you for letting us know what you will be working on. It is thoroughly appreciated.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, @@NOKYARD

May I ask what the general rule is for the map selection process?

Are there going to be any default maps or cool new community created maps, or is it going to be narrowly limited to just straight remakes with no structural changes?

The reason I ask is because we had a plan where we were going to focus on grabbing spiritual successors, reimaginings, and maps inspired by classic maps, instead of just straight remakes.

This would have allowed Forgers more room for creativity as well as giving a chance to fix any potential flaws of trying to make classic maps work in the context of H5.

For example, White Cell (a map that already made it to matchmaking) was a favorite of our lobbies, and that map was heavily inspired by Haven from H4.

Also, for a great remake, The Pit from Foge looks and plays amazing for what you would generally expect.

I know that you are not necessarily in charge of actually selecting maps, but I'm just curious. Kind of looking to have an idea of what to expect.