SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

Now that I think about it.. What kill times are you trying to keep it similar to? Because the ARs in previous Halo titles are complete garbage outside of CE.... Maybe Halo 4.

That would be my question as well. The intent was never to nerf the AR into absolute worthlessness; only to rebalance the sandbox so that the precision weapons could more comfortably put it in its place, which they absolutely CAN. I sure as hell wouldn't like to see an H3 AR situation again. Ugh.

​On top of that, increasing health doesn't address what I would say is the most problematic element of automatics, which is how incredibly quickly they can melt the reduced shields.

Made the AR weaker. If you honestly think the Pistol "wrecks" the AR when they have virtually the same TTK, you are very sadly mistaken.

170 health bumps the pistol up to a 17 bullet kill, similar to previous Halo titles, which significantly increase the difference in TTK between it and the Pistol.

Another benefit of 170 health is it makes the 4sk more rewarding, as body shots to kill increases from 6 shots to 8.

I highly recommend changing the settings to reflect these new findings.

I'm pretty much entirely certain that the default Evolved Magnum is a 4sk/7sk, which is perfectly fine. Your TTK comparison between the Magnum and the AR is also flawed, as you seem to be assuming 100% accuracy with a weapon that has random spread and recoil. The problem with the AR's kill-time in vanilla was the its PERFECT TTK was notably faster and as a result, the average was very near the Magnum's perfect TTK. In Evolved settings, which we play-tested A LOT before settling, that is no-longer the case. The Magnum's perfect kill-time is faster than the ARs, which leaves a precision user with notably more leeway for missing a shot or two.

We aren't mistaken. We've played the shit out of these settings.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I owe you guys an apology. I have to admit that I overreacted  bit to the resistance I met to my suggestions, and it was wrong of me to get heated so easily and lash out at you guys. I hope you guys see it in your hearts to not hold it against me.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I owe you guys an apology. I have to admit that I overreacted bit to the resistance I met to my suggestions, and it was wrong of me to get heated so easily and lash out at you guys. I hope you guys see it in your hearts to not hold it against me.

If you play with us sometime we will forgive you
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I owe you guys an apology. I have to admit that I overreacted  bit to the resistance I met to my suggestions, and it was wrong of me to get heated so easily and lash out at you guys. I hope you guys see it in your hearts to not hold it against me.

You're all good man lol. Like I mentioned before, no one thinks your idea is stupid or anything. I'm more than willing to bet if you had joined the discord and brought it up in the chat, a lot of the people in there would be more than happy to give a shot. I apologize if I came off the wrong way from the beginning as well; I had asked if anyone else felt the same way in my first response. Didn't know how things were interpreted.

I don't think anyone was trying to be over-defensive about the settings or anything. It's nice that people wanted to go out and test the settings for themselves and make suggestions. I think it should just be expected to questioned about it (for any type of creation, not just evolved). It's hard to just kind of take your word for it you know? Especially due to the amount of time a lot of people invested in the settings to try and find a healthy balance due to the pace of the game (in which Evolved is very fast paced; the AR currently is a healthy complement to it).

All that being said though, I'm pretty sure if you bring it up to the folks in the Discord, they'd be more than willing to give it a shot. No harm, no foul man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

add ya dig i dug i will play these settings..i played them with a few casuals..their opinion is base speed is too high..i kinda agreed but i wanna try em out a little more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The base speed is Not too high. Those Casuals need to adjust to a constant movement speed. Evolved would work with default movement speed, but not in this game when trying to compromise with 343's map design philosophy. Not when trying to compromise with the peculiarly easy hit boxes it offers. Evolved is meant to be able to be played fluently on the Default maps.

I know that I have been out of the action for a couple months, but with the new controversy over 343I's 'classic' playlist, I will have to get around to the V3 Update for this thread.

Anyone still think that we can make a splash? I know that we have definitely made a positive impression on even the Waypoint community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know that I have been out of the action for a couple months, but with the new controversy over 343I's 'classic' playlist, I will have to get around to the V3 Update for this thread.

Anyone still think that we can make a splash? I know that we have definitely made a positive impression on even the Waypoint community.

I think we have,i even tweeted to uny and to sketch the new community manager about evolved settings (ill post his tweet response below),even posted the link to evolved settings several times on waypoint in diff threads related to this,The question is if they will listen.Sketch tweet response about a "classic playlist" : "not this one in 11/15 though a "classic" gameplay playlist is being discussed and seems inevitable"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious to hear what you're thinking of tuning.  I've been out of the loop for a while on these settings.

I still don't know what our gametype lineup is. If we needed 11-15 map/gametype combinations to fill a playlist, what would they be?

I'm curious to hear what you're thinking of tuning. I've been out of the loop for a while on these settings.

I still don't know what our gametype lineup is. If we needed 11-15 map/gametype combinations to fill a playlist, what would they be?

What do you mean by tuning? I only have Ball gametype improvements along with updated maps to finish editing. But no real changes to the settings themselves.

As for map/gametype combinations, I have to get back into it to see where we were at.

I think we have,i even tweeted to uny and to sketch the new community manager about evolved settings (ill post his tweet response below),even posted the link to evolved settings several times on waypoint in diff threads related to this,The question is if they will listen.Sketch tweet response about a "classic playlist" : "not this one in 11/15 though a "classic" gameplay playlist is being discussed and seems inevitable"

'Inevitable' huh...

If only. But the constant reference these settings get is nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you mean by tuning? I only have Ball gametype improvements along with updated maps to finish editing. But no real changes to the settings themselves.

As for map/gametype combinations, I have to get back into it to see where we were at.

Well, I don't know. I just want to know what will change in v3. What are the ball improvements and map edits?

Well, I don't know. I just want to know what will change in v3. What are the ball improvements and map edits?

For maps, its mostly just a long list of small tweaks that improve the smoothness of certain jumps(such as on Coliseum), and being able to tell where you are visually (such as Truth).

Possibly even weapon layouts.

Still working on the map/gametype list.

For ball modes, I have removed the excessive spawn time modifiers for the ball as well as removing the extra and random ball spawn points.

Decreased Assault arm time by 1 second as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not yet, but I will.

feel free to invite me to the club cause I have joined the beyond entertainment club.Also guys I am free this saturday so if you want to get an evolved lobby going or any other day message me at my gt: awakeningrager1 and ill try to stream it too

feel free to invite me to the club cause I have joined the beyond entertainment club.Also guys I am free this saturday so if you want to get an evolved lobby going or any other day message me at my gt: awakeningrager1 and ill try to stream it too

Ok so it looks like @@Killmachine has made the club.

The Evolved Kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, if anyone is curious, the CE remakes in the Throwback playlist feel REALLY good to run around in on Evolved movement settings.

I need more quality maps like that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

^^^Excellent news. That plus the ones we had plus the disc maps should be enough for a playlist.