FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

Hey what's up man. Yeah I know I stopped coming around, it wasn't anything personal, just been busy with work and stuff like that; I've actually been pretty absent from Team Beyond as well. That and the lack of interest started to kind of getting to me. It just started getting a little too difficult to set up lobbies all the time, was just feeling like a lost cause for me and I knew there was some work related stuff I needed to focus on for quite a while. I was trying my hardest to promote these settings though, I think I may have set up like 10 lobbies with people outside the discord just showing people the settings. It was getting a ton of good feedback and I've even gotten random messages like this just the other week.

vTvTfU.png

That convo went a little longer but you get the drift. I was like ayeeeee that's fucking dope yo hahaha!

I tried it on PC one time after it went live, but the aiming on there with the Mouse and Keyboard was like... Fucked up for me. I heard some people mention in passing on like Reddit and whatnot that the controller feels better on PC, but I don't know. Haven't tried it yet.

At any rate, yeah man it was nothing personal. People like yourself, @@My Namez BEAST @@Mythik Nick @ @ @@arglactable @@SMARTAN 427 @... Idk, all you guys are cool as hell. Definitely was a pleasure just hanging out, chilling, and playing with you guys. Ya'll are dope!

I'm just kind of tied up with some other stuff right now, not playing Halo much these days.

❤️
  • Upvote (+1) 4

❤️

Had to name drop you a couple times bro because I knew you were one of the few actively trying to play stuff lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Add me, GT same as user. We are trying to set up a lobby tomorrow night if you're interested.

im interested too but i dont dont if i can join you guys,what times n days(in EST) do you do lobbies for halo 5 evolved?

my gt is: awakeningrager1

im interested too but i dont dont if i can join you guys,what times n days(in EST) do you do lobbies for halo 5 evolved?

my gt is: awakeningrager1

Usualy later in the evenings like 8pm EST. the actual days are just dependent on how many people want to play. We always have enough for 2v2 though, so if you ever want to try that you'll be able to almost any night.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Usualy later in the evenings like 8pm EST. the actual days are just dependent on how many people want to play. We always have enough for 2v2 though, so if you ever want to try that you'll be able to almost any night.

ok i just added you.i sometimes play ffa n team arena etc and if im not busy feel free to msg me if i want to join or i can msg back.miss playing classic halo in halo 5 so evolved is my closest bet.

ok i just added you.i sometimes play ffa n team arena etc and if im not busy feel free to msg me if i want to join or i can msg back.miss playing classic halo in halo 5 so evolved is my closest bet.

Alright man sounds good!

Played some dubs a few nights ago, didn't like how powerful the AR was relative to the Pistol. Went to play around with the settings, upping the health to 170 and melee to 110. Soooooooo much better. Y'all should give those tweaks a shot.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Played some dubs a few nights ago, didn't like how powerful the AR was relative to the Pistol. Went to play around with the settings, upping the health to 170 and melee to 110. Soooooooo much better. Y'all should give those tweaks a shot.

Wait, so did you make the AR weaker or stronger?

...  :huh: ?

Did you guys change the settings since V2? The pistol should absolutely wreck the ARs on these settings. The autos definitely have a chance and were still viable in multiple situations, but the Pistol was far superior on the current settings compared to the AR. This is assuming no one changed anything (I have been out of the loop for a while). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is the eu scene still playing this game, if so are we using these settings? Would like to get back into halo as I miss the thing to death, but I refuse to support 343s dreadful decisions where halo 4/5 is concerned and refuse to play MM. These settings might just bring me back if enough people are playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

...  :huh: ?

Did you guys change the settings since V2? The pistol should absolutely wreck the ARs on these settings. The autos definitely have a chance and were still viable in multiple situations, but the Pistol was far superior on the current settings compared to the AR. This is assuming no one changed anything (I have been out of the loop for a while). 

The settings haven't been changed.

Is the eu scene still playing this game, if so are we using these settings? Would like to get back into halo as I miss the thing to death, but I refuse to support 343s dreadful decisions where halo 4/5 is concerned and refuse to play MM. These settings might just bring me back if enough people are playing.

Unfortunately, no man. It would have been wonderful to have a well populated community enough to support a competitive community but they were mainly just custom games for everyone to enjoy. You can hit up some of the guys in this thread like Mythik Nick and My Namez BEAST who I believe still actively like to play. They're definitely a blast to play if you can get a solid group of 8 friends to play for a while.

The settings haven't been changed.

That's what I figured. Then yeah, the Pistol should still wreck the ARs how they currently stand.

Wait, so did you make the AR weaker or stronger?

Made the AR weaker. If you honestly think the Pistol "wrecks" the AR when they have virtually the same TTK, you are very sadly mistaken.

170 health bumps the pistol up to a 17 bullet kill, similar to previous Halo titles, which significantly increase the difference in TTK between it and the Pistol.

Another benefit of 170 health is it makes the 4sk more rewarding, as body shots to kill increases from 6 shots to 8.

I highly recommend changing the settings to reflect these new findings.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Made the AR weaker. If you honestly think the Pistol "wrecks" the AR when they have virtually the same TTK, you are very sadly mistaken.

170 health bumps the pistol up to a 17 bullet kill, similar to previous Halo titles, which significantly increase the difference in TTK between it and the Pistol.

Another benefit of 170 health is it makes the 4sk more rewarding, as body shots to kill increases from 6 shots to 8.

I highly recommend changing the settings to reflect these new findings.

I don't think you're playing the same settings. The 4sk pistol shits on the AR in Evolved. 8 shots to kill someone is kind of ridiculous; especially since the strafe speed allows you to dodge shots so effectively. The current settings are a nice healthy balance.

Anyone else feel that way? Or is it just me?

I don't think you're playing the same settings. The 4sk pistol shits on the AR in Evolved. 8 shots to kill someone is kind of ridiculous; especially since the strafe speed allows you to dodge shots so effectively. The current settings are a nice healthy balance.

Anyone else feel that way? Or is it just me?

This community... I don't even know why I bother trying. Literally went over testing this the other night with Mystic and KillMachine and they seemed in agreement that 170 health was better. Yes, the current settings are decent, but they can be improved. Frankly, I find the AR too powerful under 70 shields and 150 health. I'm also not a fan of a difference of two bullets between Opt TTK and Body Shot TTK. A larger difference in those shots further reinforces the skill gap in the settings.

Explain to me why we shouldn't embrace further improving on the settings.

This community... I don't even know why I bother trying. Literally went over testing this the other night with Mystic and KillMachine and they seemed in agreement that 170 health was better. Yes, the current settings are decent, but they can be improved. Frankly, I find the AR too powerful under 70 shields and 150 health. I'm also not a fan of a difference of two bullets between Opt TTK and Body Shot TTK. A larger difference in those shots further reinforces the skill gap in the settings.

Because a 1.6 second kill time is completely unusable next to the 0.9 second TTK Magnum. Believe it or not, automatics are a core part of the Halo sandbox. The goal of Evolved settings isn't to gut them, but to balance them.

Dude, please miss me with that "This community" nonsense. No one is ridiculing you for your opinion. Myself, and anyone else on this forum are allowed to disagree with you.

Your argument for increasing the kill time on the AR is to keep it "similar to previous Halo titles." The evolved settings doesn't play like any of the previous Halo titles in the slightest. Anyone know what the exact kill times are (in seconds)? I'm not 100% positive what it is, but from my experience from HEAVILY playing these settings, the AR is still useful, but absolutely pales in comparison to the pistol (or any precision weapon for that matter). As Cookies just said, the idea wasn't to gut everything from the game and make everything useless except the pistol. 

Saying the AR is too strong is false because we have tons of gameplay under our belt that literally proves just by playing how dominant the pistol is in comparison.

If you want to "go back to ignoring the forums" over this, fine. But that's a pretty weak reason; because someone disagrees with you. The main thing I disagree with is your premise of boldly stating "I highly recommend you update the settings to reflect these new findings" over something you tested one night when we actively tested these settings for weeks. That isn't a minor change, that's a pretty big one if you ask me. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now that I think about it.. What kill times are you trying to keep it similar to? Because the ARs in previous Halo titles are complete garbage outside of CE.... Maybe Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1