SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

This looks infinitely better than any Halo since NBNS Reach

It's a ton of fun man. We're honestly hoping after we finalize these settings to have another go around at promotion, we could potentially get a new playlist. It feels like a brand new game altogether. A lot of people are going back to default Halo 5 and having to re-adjust because of how different it feels (not a good/bad thing, just different). It's really fast paced, one of the best aspects of the settings by far. If you ever want to give it a shot, feel free to add me or join our discord (link in sig). We usually try to get custom lobbies together almost every night.

GT: FeaR DeucEy

Can't wait to play these settings on W10!

I'm actually thoroughly looking forward to trying this on W10 man. Literally the first thing I'm doing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a ton of fun man. We're honestly hoping after we finalize these settings to have another go around at promotion, we could potentially get a new playlist. It feels like a brand new game altogether. A lot of people are going back to default Halo 5 and having to re-adjust because of how different it feels (not a good/bad thing, just different). It's really fast paced, one of the best aspects of the settings by far. If you ever want to give it a shot, feel free to add me or join our discord (link in sig). We usually try to get custom lobbies together almost every night.

GT: FeaR DeucEy

I'm actually thoroughly looking forward to trying this on W10 man. Literally the first thing I'm doing.

Invite me bro.  Same here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys are gonna run customs on Win10 with these settings, message me on here or if there is a discord I'd like an invite :D

edit: nvm I see the discord 

Just out of curiosity, did you guys try having 1 or 2 movement abilities turned on (just thrust or just clamber)?

Love seeing people actually take action and trying this stuff out.

Keep it up.

Just out of curiosity, did you guys try having 1 or 2 movement abilities turned on (just thrust or just clamber)?

Love seeing people actually take action and trying this stuff out.

Keep it up.

Go big or go home.  

Having them in would not differentiate these settings enough from the default garbage.   Also, thrust with these fast paced movement speeds would be way OP.  

The only spartan ability I would leave in, if any, is ground pound because it is soo risky.  It is not nearly as detrimental as clamber, thrust, and sprint.

Removal of thrust encourages staying on the ground and using the bad ass strafe these settings enable.    That's a good thing. 

Removal of clamber creates a more predictable map movement.   That's a good thing. 

Removal of sprint encourages staying in the fight; You can always shoot.  It discourages running away.  That's a really good thing.

Only when you have all three of these good things do you get a meta that is truly true to the roots of Halo.   You might think they are subtle, but oh man does it feel good to play these settings.  Pure joy.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

guys can all of you who have posted your gt on the halo 5 evolved classic settings topic, to add me and let me know you are from beyond?.Cause in that topic i asked the OP to see if the gt list could be cleaned up so i could add people but last time i checked it was not so i could not add anyone

Has anyone played this on PC yet? How is it?

I played a little bit of this, and it was pretty fun. A couple maps still feel too big for the movement speed, but at least there's always fighting going on somewhere in the map.

Has anyone played this on PC yet? How is it?

Feels so much better than xbox when using controller.  PC mouse needs a patch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone going to be doing evolved customs tonight? Just saw this and would be interested in giving it a try.

To be honest, the discord group that played these settings most heavily has been playing more C.E. through MCC lately, but you might join it and ask and give it a shot.  They might get a lobby going for a new person that is interested. 

https://discordapp.com/invite/6h7vw6E

Played these settings last night with MythikNick, just in octagon, and it was still a lot of fun.  I forgot what it actually meant to have to out-dance someone without emergency thrusters.

Would like to see this gather steam again, especially as we get closer to a custom server browser launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What ever happened to @@-DeucEy-?   
He doesn't come around any more for evolved.  Was looking forward to evolved on PC. 

Hey what's up man. Yeah I know I stopped coming around, it wasn't anything personal, just been busy with work and stuff like that; I've actually been pretty absent from Team Beyond as well. That and the lack of interest started to kind of getting to me. It just started getting a little too difficult to set up lobbies all the time, was just feeling like a lost cause for me and I knew there was some work related stuff I needed to focus on for quite a while. I was trying my hardest to promote these settings though, I think I may have set up like 10 lobbies with people outside the discord just showing people the settings. It was getting a ton of good feedback and I've even gotten random messages like this just the other week.

vTvTfU.png

That convo went a little longer but you get the drift. I was like ayeeeee that's fucking dope yo hahaha!

I tried it on PC one time after it went live, but the aiming on there with the Mouse and Keyboard was like... Fucked up for me. I heard some people mention in passing on like Reddit and whatnot that the controller feels better on PC, but I don't know. Haven't tried it yet.

At any rate, yeah man it was nothing personal. People like yourself, @@My Namez BEAST @@Mythik Nick @ @ @@arglactable @@SMARTAN 427 @... Idk, all you guys are cool as hell. Definitely was a pleasure just hanging out, chilling, and playing with you guys. Ya'll are dope!

I'm just kind of tied up with some other stuff right now, not playing Halo much these days.

• Upvote (+1) 6