SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

Well, you can already find the Evolved gametypes in my Files. @@-DeucEy- has the maps in his own Files currently, but I plan on making a lot of lighting and coloring improvements to most of the maps.

Eventually I want to have the maps in my Files as well just so that everything for Evolved is in one place.

Might be good for branding purposes to make a gamertag called H5 Evolved Settings or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might be good for branding purposes to make a gamertag called H5 Evolved Settings or something.

Yeah I had already thought about that as well, just making a gamertag to put everything under (I was just thinking Evolved Settings). Wanted to make everything official before we did something like that because we've been actively fixing up the maps and gametypes almost each day (i.e. Just got done fixing up some spawns and the weapon timers on the new The Pit).

These two links should suffice for right now though, to make it simple for everyone.  

Evolved Gametypes

Evolved Maps

Waypoint bookmarking is extremely convenient.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is actually a perfect idea. I will get around to creating it in the couple days, but for now we will keep them split between me and @@-DeucEy- until more of the maps are finalized.

I made the Gamertag:

Halo 5 Evolved

Once we have finalized the maps and settings for sure, I will move everything to this GT's bookmarks and use it to promote the Evolved settings.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I made the Gamertag:

Halo 5 Evolved

Once we have finalized the maps and settings for sure, I will move everything to this GT's bookmarks and use it to promote the Evolved settings.

Whoo whooooooooo     

All aboard the hype train.   We need a good tweeter to start laying some sic tweets down to get this on 343's radar.  We know how much they love radar...

Love what you folks are doing here.

I still haven't purchased, played, or even spectated halo 5 at all because I know for a fact that it's a garbage game and I refuse to support 343/violate my xbox one's disc drive with such filth.

That said, these settings interest me so much that I'm actually considering buying the game (used from Amazon for less than $15, 343 deserves none of my money) just so I can run these settings in customs.

I don't know if I'll actually go for it- I have some reservations about the project based on reading this thread and the thread on waypoint. But making someone like me, who hasn't even spectated H5 gameplay nearly a year after its release, actually consider purchasing the game, says a lot.

I hope the popularity of these settings continues to grow. Keep it up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I still haven't purchased, played, or even spectated halo 5 at all because I know for a fact that it's a garbage game and I refuse to support 343/violate my xbox one's disc drive with such filth.

Do you ever read your posts and wonder how you sound? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Meh, I've banned people for less.

brb

You are going to ban me for saying something to you that you just said to another?   You lost me fam. 

Back to the topic at hand, how do you like the evolved settings Dev?   Pretty sweet amiright?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are going to ban me for saying something to you that you just said to another?   You lost me fam. 

Back to the topic at hand, how do you like the evolved settings Dev?   Pretty sweet amiright?

You must be new here. Disagree with me and get banned, that's the way it works.

I approve of the changes recently made such as getting rid of the nade knockback and reducing the nade count. I still don't particularly enjoy the settings from the little I have played with them. Coming from games with relatively high input demand, I enjoy the high input/mechanical demand of H5 compared to the simple Halo format that some people swear by. Allows for more room for individual improvement in the lab/things to practice outside of playing with a team.

But in terms of people having something to play that isn't broken MCC, knock yourselves out. Doesn't affect me in any way.

It's not hard to hit buttons every couple seconds. Just exhausting and pointless. This isn't starcraft.

It's not really exhausting because you're not just hitting buttons, you're executing them in a very specific order under specific conditions. What's hard about it is using them at the proper moment. Completing a Z motion on a stick isn't hard, but using it at the proper time does require skill.

Why on earth would you try downplaying mechanical skill anyways? That's kind of a silly point to make in the first place considering there are games way more skillful than Halo that require that kind of mastery.

Whatever, wrong thread for this.

You must be new here. Disagree with me and get banned, that's the way it works.

I approve of the changes recently made such as getting rid of the nade knockback and reducing the nade count. I still don't particularly enjoy the settings from the little I have played with them. Coming from games with relatively high input demand, I enjoy the high input/mechanical demand of H5 compared to the simple Halo format that some people swear by. Allows for more room for individual improvement in the lab/things to practice outside of playing with a team.

But in terms of people having something to play that isn't broken MCC, knock yourselves out. Doesn't affect me in any way.

#FreeCooper

Sheriff instead of trolling this thread can you please finally write that pro-thruster post?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you ever read your posts and wonder how you sound?

Don't like my posts? Don't read them.

You have my permission to ban/block me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sheriff instead of trolling this thread can you please finally write that pro-thruster post?

Here's the way I see it. I would much rather make a post detailing "How to abuse the Halo 5 ranking system to achieve any rank you want" rather than spend time giving people more ways to misinterpret the situations and examples I have provided before.

One actually could prove useful in implementing change, the other just fuels the same stuff from the same people over and over again.

It's not really exhausting because you're not just hitting buttons, you're executing them in a very specific order under specific conditions. What's hard about it is using them at the proper moment. Completing a Z motion on a stick isn't hard, but using it at the proper time does require skill.

Why on earth would you try downplaying mechanical skill anyways? That's kind of a silly point to make in the first place considering there are games way more skillful than Halo that require that kind of mastery.

Whatever, wrong thread for this.

Hitting the buttons once in a while in order is not particularly hard. Timing button presses is where difficulty comes from. Halo 5 doesn't have that. It has a bunch of pointless inputs like ads sprint thrust and clamber.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here's the way I see it. I would much rather make a post detailing "How to abuse the Halo 5 ranking system to achieve any rank you want" rather than spend time giving people more ways to misinterpret the situations and examples I have provided before.

One actually could prove useful in implementing change, the other just fuels the same stuff from the same people over and over again.

"Misinterpret." Ok, bud. We're all well aware of the problems with the H5 ranking system and they've been around just as long as every other issues 343 has seen fit to ignore. So, how exactly would that post be any more constructive than any of the others post pointing out blatant issues that this game has had since launch?

Way to avoid saying anything of substance, though. I'm sure you would totally make that post, but we are all so ignorant, that we just couldn't understand the immense depth of this game's meta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hitting the buttons once in a while in order is not particularly hard. Timing button presses is where difficulty comes from. Halo 5 doesn't have that. It has a bunch of pointless inputs like ads sprint thrust and clamber.

I'd say there is some execution skill with some of the abilities. I have problems with thrust, but it does take skill in timing when to thrust and where to hit the object during a bump thrust.

We're not going down this road.

This thread is for constructive feedback and updates for Evolved. Playful bashing is alright, but I don't need another part of the forum derailed.

Keep it civil. That's all I ask.