SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

The Flag doesn't 1-hit melee because of the Flagnum.

The 1-hit melee for Ball carriers is their only defense IMO, although I have recently thought about reduced movement speed with the Ball to be on par with the Flag.

I didn't realize the Ball/Bomb carrier had completely normal movement speed, though I did think it seemed fast. A movement penalty would definitely help.

Does anyone have a gameplay video of these settings? I'll be away from my xbox for a few days and won't be able to play it for myself. 

Does anyone have a gameplay video of these settings? I'll be away from my xbox for a few days and won't be able to play it for myself. 

@@-DeucEy- uploaded this gameplay on a Pit remake:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't realize the Ball/Bomb carrier had completely normal movement speed, though I did think it seemed fast. A movement penalty would definitely help.

Yeah I thought normal movement was fine for Oddball, but I was just thinking that Assault should have the carrier move as slow as the Flag carrier.

Something for me to edit.

Yeah I thought normal movement was fine for Oddball, but I was just thinking that Assault should have the carrier move as slow as the Flag carrier.

Something for me to edit.

Did oddball always keep the same speed?

Did oddball always keep the same speed?

Honestly I don't remember. I don't recall being slow with the Oddball, but I DO remember being slow with the Bomb.

Honestly I don't remember. I don't recall being slow with the Oddball, but I DO remember being slow with the Bomb.

I want to say they were slower since ball juggling has always been a thing. It also helps stop the ball carrier from out-restating everyone easily. I could be wrong though.

I want to say they were slower since ball juggling has always been a thing. It also helps stop the ball carrier from out-restating everyone easily. I could be wrong though.

Well, something to try out for possible updated Ball gametypes.

I personally think that the 1-hit melee should stay as the carriers primary defense. But with possibly slower movement to help compensate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, something to try out for possible updated Ball gametypes.

I personally think that the 1-hit melee should stay as the carriers primary defense. But with possibly slower movement to help compensate.

Ball has always been a 1hk I'm cool with that.

I honestly like the feeling of manually switching to your Magnum, especially in HCE. It may or may not be a good thing, I just like it lol.

I think it you switched it to pistol primary, i would be switching to the AR out of habit right off spawn and end up punching myself in the dick.

Is there any way to make the camo work better at the new movement speed?

Is there any way to make the camo work better at the new movement speed?

No, unfortunately. 343 would have to change the way camo functions so that its effectiveness is no longer tied to movement speed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, unfortunately. 343 would have to change the way camo functions so that its effectiveness is no longer tied to movement speed.

Or make it even more tied to the movement speed, but not just vanilla H5 movement. Adding a camo speed option to the UI would probably take significant resources (more than five minutes) from multiple departments, but instead you could go into the code and make the camo threshold dependent on a variable that is actually variable, so that you are always invisible at max base speed no matter what that is. Not sure how big a patch this would require, given that they probably never optimized it for tweaking because their game was perfect at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 6

just asked snakebite, pros have little pull when it comes to setting so we'd have to pitch this directly to 343 for a playlist. question is how

Alright, so after a week of off and on custom games, I would like to grab feedback for our Evolved map pool selection.

I think that it is about time to discuss it, and that some issues are obvious with most of them.

Oddball needs slower movement speed for the carrier.  It's always been that way and for good reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I so want to play this, but I don't want to give 343 money and buy H5.

@@-DeucEy-'s gun skill is too strong, lol.

I want to play this.

Ahh I'm alright at this game. ;) 

Thanks man lol, you're definitely more than welcome to join! Feel free to add me and we  can try to get you in a lobby. There's usually quite a few people trying to play every day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to list my gamer tag, I'm a competitive player and these settings really peaked my interest! Invite me for customs, just send me a message that it's for evolved settings. Gt: ROB THE TURTLE

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think strafe needs to be even faster if possible. The pistols average ttk is too fast imo. You look at CE and people are usually wasting like 9-14 bullets in a duel. In h5 on these settings I've never used a full clip. Fucking thing has so much bullet magnetism.

I'd like to list my gamer tag, I'm a competitive player and these settings really peaked my interest! Invite me for customs, just send me a message that it's for evolved settings. Gt: ROB THE TURTLE

Oh shit the Legend! We'll be sure to shoot you an invite man

I think strafe needs to be even faster if possible. The pistols average ttk is too fast imo. You look at CE and people are usually wasting like 9-14 bullets in a duel. In h5 on these settings I've never used a full clip. Fucking thing has so much bullet magnetism.

The unfortunate reality is that fundamental elements of Halo 5's mechanics preclude ideal settings. H5's squirrely aim already makes close quarters fights enough of a pain in the ass. The goal with the movement and strafe was the mitigate the ease of use of the weapons, but not to make the game nearly impossible. Ideally, the game would have aiming that didn't feel like ass and weapons wouldn't have absolutely excessive amounts of bullet magnetism, but alas that is not the case. 120% movement with 130% forward and strafe acceleration is already pushing the boundaries of playable for plenty of people. We don't want to go completely overboard with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel the same way, but unfortunately, 130 is as high as the strafe goes. The only thing we could do to increase the difficulty would be to up the movement speed even further (and 120 is already pretty damn fast).