SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

I just recorded a bit on Halo 5: Forge on a cool map I was testing, also just a small FFA.  But it's still Tac Mag. 

I can get a good few clips out of that for the video I'm making. The Tac Mag is a perfect face for Evolved. If anyone has anything else that would be great.

Still in absolute disbelief that these settings exist and we are using radar, sprint, AR spawns, 5 shot pistol shit default.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That video on the last page reminded me. Ever thought of making all powerups have static timers in evolved @@SMARTAN 427

Static powerups seems fitting for evolved settings.

That video on the last page reminded me. Ever thought of making all powerups have static timers in evolved @@SMARTAN 427

If someone could create a script for static timed power ups, that would be appreciated.

I would actually consider booting up the xbone to play some evolved on this map. Anyone interested?

I took a look at the map, it seems like it could be a very fun map. Surprisingly didn't have too much of a frame issue either.

However there are a handful of jumps that seem to be clearly scaled for Thrust jumping/Clamber that can't be made in Evolved, and also the map could use some better Landmarks since almost everywhere looks the same causing potential callout/self-location issues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would actually consider booting up the xbone to play some evolved on this map.   Anyone interested?

Also join the discord, that would be your best shot at finding/organizing games.

I'll be posting a suggested v4 settings changes to maps either tonight or in the next couple days.

Was able to play about 6-8 games of Evolved FFA in a row this afternoon. Gotta love the custom games browser. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Note: These changes are based on player feedback on current Evolved maps, all settings are not final. These are merely my suggestions on how the map layouts should change.

Map changes NOT marked as gamemode specific are overridden by gamemode specific changes

Fathom v4:

-Make garage to treehouse jump easier

-replace storm rifles with brute PRs

-make sub jump easier from the side

- fix vat to ledge jump (same as garage to treehouse)

Fathom v4 (CTF):

-Move flag closer to generator (Mirrors HCS, easier to start runs)

Fathom v4 (Experimental suggestions):

-OS top mid for assault only

-Sniper top mid for CTF, OS bottom mid for CTF

-Remove splinters from tree house and replace with plasmas, replace plasmas under tree house with 1 frag

Regret v4:

-Lower Grenade Launcher ammo by 2 shots

-replace DMRs with light rifles

-replace carbines with gunfighter magnums

-replace boltshots with tac magnums

-Increase spawn time for splinters top middle

Regret v4 (KotH Suggestions):

-Hill locations bottom mid, blue carbine, red carbine, P1, inside bases

-OS top middle in KotH

-Remove nade launcher from top Pink (No power weapons)

Regret v4 (Experimental suggestions):

-Make jump from front base to bridge possible (off the bottom mid structure)

Eden v4:

-Remove DMRs

Eden v4 (Slayer):

-Remove hydra on slayer

-place sentinel beam in red at old hydra spawn

-Power up in tower (OS or Speed boost)

Eden v4 (Experimental Suggestions):

Strongholds only:

-replace camo with speed boost

-reduce rocket ammo to 1 clip

Slayer only:

-move sniper to tower

-Move rockets behind the rocket block

-put os in pit (mirrored like strongholds)

The Rig v1:

-make jump from BR to E2 possible

-Remove BRs, replace with LRs

-remove caster for Grenade launcher (If it works, otherwise reduce ammo to one clip)

-replace shotgun with scattershot

-make the T2 to ledge jump possible

-replace song of peace with brute PR

Rig v1 (KotH):

-Hill spawn points: Open field, basement, br base, barrels (Remove barrels), E2, White hall, old carbine (Hill locations left to forgers discretion depending on what pace is desired)

-Sniper spawn at sniper

-scattershot spawn bottom nest

Rig v1 (Epxerimental suggestions):

-Move strongholds to BR Base, Barrels (Remove barrels, open field (These changes are to facilitate more map movement)

Slayer suggestions:

-move caster to under camo (a la Prisoner) with one clip remove caster from nest, replace with sniper, remove sniper from snipe spawn

-if above is done remove storm rifle from sewers

Shiftspace v4:

-Remove OS

-Remove shotgun

-Remove all rifles

-place gunfighter magnums in the basement doors of each base

Coliseum v4:

-Remove carbine from top rockets

-Remove DMRs

-Make jumps to sneakys easier

-Make jumps from bottom snipe to top snipe easier

-remove splinters

Coliseum v4 (Experimental Suggestions):

-1 clip snipers spawn in each cave

-remove sniper from sniper spawn

Plaza v2:

-Make top gold jump from plaza possible

-Remove teleporter

-replace hydra with sentinel beam

-replace dmrs with LRs

-Make getting on to the dump truck easier

-Make s4 jump possible

-fix jump from prius to top middle

-reduce ammo in sniper by 1 clip

Plaza v2 (Strongholds):

-No changes to make it better I consider it unplayable do to the lack of SAs

Plaza v2 (KotH/Oddball):

-Hill locations, Bottom mid, Sniper, yard, café, tram

-remove SR from bottom middle

-Sniper spawn top middle

-OS spawn bottom lift (Delay spawn for 1 minute into the game)

Plaza v2 (Slayer):

-place camo in plaza

Mercy v1:

-Replace Camo with OS

-Replace H2 Beam with Sniper

-Reduce grenade launcher ammo by 2 shots

Countdown v4:

-Replace DMRs with LRs

-Reduce sniper ammo by a clip

Bias v4:

-Replace railgun with OS

-Remove H2 BRs for LRs

-bottom mid to top sniper jump made easier

-Make jumps from back hall to back flag

-replace boltshot with brute PR

Empire v1:

-remove DMRs

-remove splinters from sneakys replace with plasma

-Remove boltshots, replace with brute PRs

-remove shotgun, replace with scatter

Empire (KotH):

-Hill locations, Pit, outside, red base, blue base, red security, blue security

-OS in tower

-one clip rockets in turbine, closer to outside

Empire (Slayer):

-OS Top tower (on old DMR spawn)

Truth v2:

-Remove Carbine from Car 1, replace with LR

-Put camo P1

• Upvote (+1) 9

Note: These changes are based on player feedback on current Evolved maps, all settings are not final. These are merely my suggestions on how the map layouts should change.

Map changes NOT marked as gamemode specific are overridden by gamemode specific changes

Fathom v4:

-Make garage to treehouse jump easier

-replace storm rifles with brute PRs

-make sub jump easier from the side

- fix vat to ledge jump (same as garage to treehouse)

Fathom v4 (CTF):

-Move flag closer to generator (Mirrors HCS, easier to start runs)

Fathom v4 (Experimental suggestions):

-OS top mid for assault only

-Sniper top mid for CTF, OS bottom mid for CTF

-Remove splinters from tree house and replace with plasmas, replace plasmas under tree house with 1 frag

Regret v4:

-Lower Grenade Launcher ammo by 2 shots

-replace DMRs with light rifles

-replace carbines with gunfighter magnums

-replace boltshots with tac magnums

-Increase spawn time for splinters top middle

Regret v4 (KotH Suggestions):

-Hill locations bottom mid, blue carbine, red carbine, P1, inside bases

-OS top middle in KotH

-Remove nade launcher from top Pink (No power weapons)

Regret v4 (Experimental suggestions):

-Make jump from front base to bridge possible (off the bottom mid structure)

Eden v4:

-Remove DMRs

Eden v4 (Slayer):

-Remove hydra on slayer

-place sentinel beam in red at old hydra spawn

-Power up in tower (OS or Speed boost)

Eden v4 (Experimental Suggestions):

Strongholds only:

-replace camo with speed boost

-reduce rocket ammo to 1 clip

Slayer only:

-move sniper to tower

-Move rockets behind the rocket block

-put os in pit (mirrored like strongholds)

The Rig v1:

-make jump from BR to E2 possible

-Remove BRs, replace with LRs

-remove caster for Grenade launcher (If it works, otherwise reduce ammo to one clip)

-replace shotgun with scattershot

-make the T2 to ledge jump possible

-replace song of peace with brute PR

Rig v1 (KotH):

-Hill spawn points: Open field, basement, br base, barrels (Remove barrels), E2, White hall, old carbine (Hill locations left to forgers discretion depending on what pace is desired)

-Sniper spawn at sniper

-scattershot spawn bottom nest

Rig v1 (Epxerimental suggestions):

-Move strongholds to BR Base, Barrels (Remove barrels, open field (These changes are to facilitate more map movement)

Slayer suggestions:

-move caster to under camo (a la Prisoner) with one clip remove caster from nest, replace with sniper, remove sniper from snipe spawn

-if above is done remove storm rifle from sewers

Shiftspace v4:

-Remove OS

-Remove shotgun

-Remove all rifles

-place gunfighter magnums in the basement doors of each base

Coliseum v4:

-Remove carbine from top rockets

-Remove DMRs

-Make jumps to sneakys easier

-Make jumps from bottom snipe to top snipe easier

-remove splinters

Coliseum v4 (Experimental Suggestions):

-1 clip snipers spawn in each cave

-remove sniper from sniper spawn

Plaza v2:

-Make top gold jump from plaza possible

-Remove teleporter

-replace hydra with sentinel beam

-replace dmrs with LRs

-Make getting on to the dump truck easier

-Make s4 jump possible

-fix jump from prius to top middle

-reduce ammo in sniper by 1 clip

Plaza v2 (Strongholds):

-No changes to make it better I consider it unplayable do to the lack of SAs

Plaza v2 (KotH/Oddball):

-Hill locations, Bottom mid, Sniper, yard, café, tram

-remove SR from bottom middle

-Sniper spawn top middle

-OS spawn bottom lift (Delay spawn for 1 minute into the game)

Plaza v2 (Slayer):

-place camo in plaza

Mercy v1:

-Replace Camo with OS

-Replace H2 Beam with Sniper

-Reduce grenade launcher ammo by 2 shots

Countdown v4:

-Replace DMRs with LRs

-Reduce sniper ammo by a clip

Bias v4:

-Replace railgun with OS

-Remove H2 BRs for LRs

-bottom mid to top sniper jump made easier

-Make jumps from back hall to back flag

-replace boltshot with brute PR

Empire v1:

-remove DMRs

-remove splinters from sneakys replace with plasma

-Remove boltshots, replace with brute PRs

-remove shotgun, replace with scatter

Empire (KotH):

-Hill locations, Pit, outside, red base, blue base, red security, blue security

-OS in tower

-one clip rockets in turbine, closer to outside

Empire (Slayer):

-OS Top tower (on old DMR spawn)

Truth v2:

-Remove Carbine from Car 1, replace with LR

-Put camo P1

I really like the sound of many of these ideas. Thanks for your continued and valued feedback man.

I am definitely feeling the pressure to implement V4 Evolved.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really like the sound of many of these ideas. Thanks for your continued and valued feedback man.

I am definitely feeling the pressure to implement V4 Evolved.

I'll make a detailed change log when v4 is implemented. Including rational behind changes. It'll give everyone better insight to the thought process.

Just realized that I forgot to respond to your question here.

Yeah, I would do static timers for everything if could.

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to some, if you're not the best player in the lobby then you shouldn't be allowed to give feedback. I'm dropping this project, good luck to those who keep playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a reason TeamBeyond isn't running their own little tournaments with these settings?

This looks crazy good and 1000x better than default H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a reason TeamBeyond isn't running their own little tournaments with these settings?

This looks crazy good and 1000x better than default H5.

I'd imagine they're busy enough running their own tournaments but I'm sure if you contacted them and put up the prize pool yourself they would be happy to help. Can you do something like that?

I'd imagine they're busy enough running their own tournaments but I'm sure if you contacted them and put up the prize pool yourself they would be happy to help. Can you do something like that?

You don't need prize money.

They already have the infrastructure and im sure in the long run trying to support settings that aren't total shit would probably be a good idea for a site whose income is likely highly dependent on people actually wanting to play Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

They already have the infrastructure and im sure in the long run trying to support settings that aren't total shit would probably be a good idea for a site whose income is likely highly dependent on people actually wanting to play Halo.

"You don't need prize money."

Have you ever attended any kind of competitive LAN or Local? Good luck getting people to show up that aren't your immediate friends. 

I mean, we ran a Discord league for two weeks and it fell through because people bailed out, even though we had a prize pool and there were like 6 full teams or so at the start. The timing of it wasn't great either, but try and get people all online and ready to play a series if there isn't some sort of incentive..

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's fine if Prize Money isn't so influential over you that you would still sign up regardless but I feel you are in a minority of people in that regards. Beyond seems to run many tournaments and I'm not sure how them running something like this with no prize money really helps any parties or encourages other players to try these settings.

I understand not everyone can afford to donate money to various prize pools, but sometimes if you really want to support something or help it grow you have to go the extra mile, or at the very least show it's worth it for the TO to run in terms of how many teams will play or are interested.

I would love to see a Evolved tournament. I have too many other priorities to donate to anything like this, but if you guys showed you had more significant interest outside of this thread then I would likely throw in something. I just don't think its a realistic expectation for Beyond to run an evolved tournament if I were looking at it from their perspective.

"You don't need prize money."

Have you ever attended any kind of competitive LAN or Local? Good luck getting people to show up that aren't your immediate friends. 

I mean, we ran a Discord league for two weeks and it fell through because people bailed out, even though we had a prize pool and there were like 6 full teams or so at the start. The timing of it wasn't great either, but try and get people all online and ready to play a series if there isn't some sort of incentive..

I guarantee if they put up a small, open, online bracket with settings like this they would get some people signing up.

That's fine if Prize Money isn't so influential over you that you would still sign up regardless but I feel you are in a minority of people in that regards. Beyond seems to run many tournaments and I'm not sure how them running something like this with no prize money really helps any parties or encourages other players to try these settings.

I understand not everyone can afford to donate money to various prize pools, but sometimes if you really want to support something or help it grow you have to go the extra mile, or at the very least show it's worth it for the TO to run in terms of how many teams will play or are interested.

I would love to see a Evolved tournament. I have too many other priorities to donate to anything like this, but if you guys showed you had more significant interest outside of this thread then I would likely throw in something. I just don't think its a realistic expectation for Beyond to run an evolved tournament if I were looking at it from their perspective.

I understand your point. And hey, maybe you're right.

I just look at this site as kind of the torch bearer of competitive Halo and hell, maybe even the torch bearer for most hardcore Halo players. These settings are clearly head and shoulders above default in terms of competitive merit. If you're at the head of the comp community and you're not even atleast trying to foster comp settings and alt comp communities, then what the hell are you doing here?

This isn't waypoint. This is not a 343 or Microsoft run website. Why do they so strictly adhere to default H5 when at best, the competitive Halo community is divided on their opinion of it? At worst 343 default games are literally strangling the playerbase to death. Why aren't the heads of this place looking at these settings and going "oh shit, this is awesome, let's push this"

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guarantee if they put up a small, open, online bracket with settings like this they would get some people signing up.

Not to be that guy, but how many concurrent lobbies of evolved are running at peak times a night on H5? If you can't answer more than one, you're going to need a prize pool for people to even consider practicing and playing these settings.

That's the harsh truth of the matter.

Not to be that guy, but how many concurrent lobbies of evolved are running at peak times a night on H5? If you can't answer more than one, you're going to need a prize pool for people to even consider practicing and playing these settings.

That's the harsh truth of the matter.

I have no idea. I, like the vast majority of Halo fans, have not played H5 in months.