SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

I know that I already explained this to you in the discord, but I wanted to answer this for everyone else to see:

The Gunfighter Magnum has certainly been considered since the new pistols came out, however, there are a couple issues with using it as a utility weapon.

#1: In default H5, the Gunfighter Magnum is actually nerfed to a 6sk to compensate for its faster rate of fire, which means that it only has a similar killtime to the standard default Magnum. You are just spending more bullets to kill marginally faster, with just enough ammo for two perfect 6-shot-kills per mag. It doesn't become a 5sk until shields are decreased to 80% or below(like Evolved's current 70% shields).

#2: The Gunfighter Magnum also barely has any zoom at all. This is a problem if the utility weapon is intended to be able to attack and contest opponents at long range, although it allows for a pretty cool niche for a fast-killing CQC-based precision weapon.

With those two points in mind, we likely won't be spawning with the Gunfighter Magnum, at least not as the sole utility weapon by itself. Maybe in combination with a long range utility weapon it could complement that well(Recon DMR's, anyone?).

However, the idea of spawning with the Tactical Magnum has been mostly popular with the Evolved crew, thanks to it's longer zooming 2x Classic(!) Scope. The Silenced effects may take some getting used to though, but it is also pretty cool to help distinguish that there is something different about the Evolved Magnum settings.

I can't wait to further test out stuff like this though!

I am liking this tactical magnum. Better with no smart scope. 

Also, I was playing Perseus earlier today and I liked it a lot, but it was a 1v1. (frame rate was an issue though)

Edit: I was in your lobby but my mic is currently broken.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played for the first time today, these settings are a lot of fun. Really makes my bad habits stand out too.

GG's man I hope you enjoyed it enough to play again!
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I am liking this tactical magnum. Better with no smart scope.

Also, I was playing Perseus earlier today and I liked it a lot, but it was a 1v1. (frame rate was an issue though)

Edit: I was in your lobby but my mic is currently broken.

Nice. So you are Kantzr?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gunfighter has a 1.25 second kill time compared to the Magnum's 1.2 second TTK. It's inferior to the Magnum in all aspects but one-shot cleanups.

Ok I knew the shots to kill and that it sucks but thanks for the killtime details.

I think Mercy could be great for Evolved FFA by the way. 

I think Mercy could be great for Evolved FFA by the way. 

Thanks for that, i definetely prefer the Tactical Magnum. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I did some testing with the Magnum variants. It turns out that the Tactical Magnum has less magnetism zoomed in than the standard Magnum:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24434847

This seems to be the tradeoff for the Tac Mag's longer RRR when zoomed:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24434987

However, from hipfire they are the same.

For bullet magnetism:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24435136

And RRR:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24434942

For those who say that the standard Magnum is easier to shoot while zooming, that is LITERALLY the true case.

And for thos who are curious about the zoomed Gunfighter Magnum, the Tac Mag still has less magnetism zoomed in:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24435306

Tac Mag starts are looking wonderful.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So I did some testing with the Magnum variants. It turns out that the Tactical Magnum has less magnetism zoomed in than the standard Magnum:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24434847

This seems to be the tradeoff for the Tac Mag's longer RRR when zoomed:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24434987

However, from hipfire they are the same.

For bullet magnetism:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24435136

And RRR:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24434942

For those who say that the standard Magnum is easier to shoot while zooming, that is LITERALLY the true case.

And for thos who are curious about the zoomed Gunfighter Magnum, the Tac Mag still has less magnetism zoomed in:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SMARTAN%20427/video/24435306

Tac Mag starts are looking wonderful.

Having done my own testing since being told about the TacMag having less magnetism, I don't think that's the case.

The TacMag has a higher zoom, so when zooming, your reticule ends up further from the player than zooming the regular Magnum while aiming while at the same distance

Thus giving the illusion of lower magnetism. I think it's just the same

Having done my own testing since being told about the TacMag having less magnetism, I don't think that's the case.

The TacMag has a higher zoom, so when zooming, your reticule ends up further from the player than zooming the regular Magnum while aiming while at the same distance

Thus giving the illusion of lower magnetism. I think it's just the same

Well, you do have a point and it is definitely a thought that I had as well.

At the edge of RRR at long range the difference may not be significant, but at mid range the combination of increased zoom plus reticule shrinking serves to reduce the magnetism angle. Enough to require players to be a little more centered with their shots compared to the standard Magnum.

Also, for reference, the standard BR, the Recon DMR, and the Halo One Pistol all share the 2x zoom of the Tac Mag, but unlike the Tac Mag, those three weapons do NOT shrink their reticule when zoomed. And their magnetism and ease of use are noticeably more forgiving.

So I would say that the Reticule Shrinking definitely does something to decrease magnetism/ease of use for the Tac Mag, at least in this case.

On the Pit CTF game it looks like holding the flag has the same movement speed as not holding it, can that be changed?

Other than that, it looks fun.

Well, you do have a point and it is definitely a thought that I had as well.

At the edge of RRR at long range the difference may not be significant, but at mid range the combination of increased zoom plus reticule shrinking serves to reduce the magnetism angle. Enough to require players to be a little more centered with their shots compared to the standard Magnum.

Also, for reference, the standard BR, the Recon DMR, and the Halo One Pistol all share the 2x zoom of the Tac Mag, but unlike the Tac Mag, those three weapons do NOT shrink their reticule when zoomed. And their magnetism and ease of use are noticeably more forgiving.

So I would say that the Reticule Shrinking definitely does something to decrease magnetism/ease of use for the Tac Mag, at least in this case.

Fine by me, it's better for the clean scoping alone

On the Pit CTF game it looks like holding the flag has the same movement speed as not holding it, can that be changed?

Other than that, it looks fun.

You mean in one of the videos? Either way the Flag Carrier's movement speed should be 80% of the set base player movement speed of Evolved. I will be sure to double check the gametype though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any PC Evolved lobbies going on?

I haven't seen one yet :( Makes me really sad.

Also, I only ever see 3 pages of games.  If that the most the customs browser will display? Or is it just highly coincidental that the PC population is always running three pages of customs games?

Hey I just want to say that I have been interested in these settings since I saw them in Vetoed's video a while back. I cannot stress how much fans like me appreciate the the work you guys have put into these settings. I've been playing around with them recently because the server browser was released and I can finally host lobbies for this gametype. I'm really enjoying the tac mag starts. Excellent work guys. The maps and settings have obviously been carefully selected and tweaked. I hope this project gains more and more traction so we see custom evolved lobbies more often in the server browser. But yeah, just thought I would show my support.

Glad to hear you enjoy them man that's awesome! Maybe one day we will get you in a lobby with the OGs and show you how things really are ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to hear you enjoy them man that's awesome! Maybe one day we will get you in a lobby with the OGs and show you how things really are ;)

Haha for sure man. Would be great to run a few games with you guys. Have you guys thought of running open lobbies and letting more people join through the server browser?

Haha for sure man. Would be great to run a few games with you guys. Have you guys thought of running open lobbies and letting more people join through the server browser?

Yea that's what we do. When we need people we use the browser and start an FFA.

After last night's games, I have to say I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really love the Tac Mag starts.
Someone mentioned there really is no point in having DMRs or other precision weapons on map with the Tac Mag starts. I probably agree, but I really don't think the variety really hurts anything. All I know is I finally felt like I could shot across the top of levels like Truth and Regret with the Tac Mag.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@SMARTAN 427, sorry if this been asked already but are you working on King of the Hill gametypes atm?

Its definitely on my to-do list. And its one of the next things that we will do soon. Before the gametypes can even be made and played, I will have to make sure that the hills are forged into the ideal maps first. And that will take some time to do. I'll be sure to update the OP of this thread and the title when we officially have KotH.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone uploading Tac Mag gameplay?

I just recorded a bit on Halo 5: Forge on a cool map I was testing, also just a small FFA.  But it's still Tac Mag. 

• Upvote (+1) 1