SMARTAN 427

H5: Evolved settings/details [V4 update, Part 2-MAPS!]

You can go ahead and just add everything, the maps and gametypes, to your fileshare or that H5 Evolved gamertag you made. I'm probably just going to delete everything from my fileshare so it doesn't get mixed up.

I trust your guys' judgment man, you guys are all pretty logical about most things. I'm not really going to be on Halo 5 anymore to be honest so I'm not going to really give that much feedback anymore (not stepping on any toes if I'm not even playing lol). But I'll be around if you guys need anything. If you need any help promoting stuff, I can still do that as well. That's no problem.

I appreciate that man, it would be nice to know that everything will be in one place eventually. I wanted to ask you to do so but at the same time I didn't want to discount the work you put in.

I would be down for more promotional stuff although I also want to bug @@Hard Way for that too.

Otherwise, GG man you will be missed. You have ingrained yet another point of view for me to think about whenever I need to make a decision. Thanks for the support!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I appreciate that man, it would be nice to know that everything will be in one place eventually. I wanted to ask you to do so but at the same time I didn't want to discount the work you put in.

I would be down for more promotional stuff although I also want to bug @@Hard Way for that too.

Otherwise, GG man you will be missed. You have ingrained yet another point of view for me to think about whenever I need to make a decision. Thanks for the support!

You should definitely repost this on Waypoint. Get more exposure going for more people to be interested.

Now that this server browser is actually a reality, I do want to make a Youtube video for Evolved settings. My household goods are still in transit from Hawaii, but I should have them by mid December. Once I get my capture card it's game on.

Unfortunately I work an 8 hour shift on Thursday, so I won't immediately be available. Gotta make sure that damn update is downloaded before I get home though.

Now that this server browser is actually a reality, I do want to make a Youtube video for Evolved settings. My household goods are still in transit from Hawaii, but I should have them by mid December. Once I get my capture card it's game on.

I look forward to it. Later tonight I will hopefully be able to finally post a list of all our popular test maps. Never did get a rotation list finalized though.

Ok, I at least got the first set of test maps, the 'favorites' posted in the OP.

I will post the rest of the Honorable Mentions tomorrow morning since it is getting late and I am tired AF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have yet to play the evolved settings but really want to give them ago with people.  Unfortunately due to living in the UK and having kids its pretty much impossible for me to get on at times im sure most people play these settings but would love to host some games at UK/EU evening times one the CB comes out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Y'all boys are gonna get the sauceeeeeeeee PLEASE play Evolved when this drops. I will be on alllllllll day long now.

How will that be different from the usual? Fewer naps? :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah it's good man, I only had them in my Fileshare because I was the main one fixing the weapons, spawns and stuff like that along with your help on visualization. Being able to just promote content for it was good enough for me. There's a pretty strong collective in that Discord between yourself, Soul, Arg, Kells, Beast and the Nick's (Sounds like a terrible rock band lmao) and everyone else. I think you guys pretty much got it down.

Nah it's good man, I only had them in my Fileshare because I was the main one fixing the weapons, spawns and stuff like that along with your help on visualization. Being able to just promote content for it was good enough for me. There's a pretty strong collective in that Discord between yourself, Soul, Arg, Kells, Beast and the Nick's (Sounds like a terrible rock band lmao) and everyone else. I think you guys pretty much got it down.

Sounds good man.

I WAS wondering if you would be able to put all available videos and/or Waypoint/Reddit thread links in your 1st post on page 1, especially since you were the second poster after Hard Way.

That could help keep some of the promotional stuff in one place near the primary settings/details posts.

Also...

THAT.

WAS.

TEDIOUS.

AF.

I FINALLY managed to finish posting all of the old test maps and current results.

Enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok, since I won't be immediately available tomorrow to experience the new H5 update and the Custom Game Browser, I decided to help prepare a special Evolved gametype to take advantage of this:

Now in my Fileshare, download:

Evolved Lobby Starter

This gametype is FFA with unlimited scoring and no time limit.

The idea behind this(thanks to @), is to just start up a game of Evolved and play, even if you don't yet have a full lobby, so that other players using the Custom Game Browser can just join in.

Once the lobby is full and everyone has a few kills, the lobby leader should end the game so that a real Evolved lobby can start playing and enjoy Evolved.

Thanks to @@QuietMan for the name of the gametype.

I can't wait to see how this all works out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As you can now put the Gunfighter Magnum as a primary or secondary weapon in custom games, what do you guys think about it replacing the default magnum and maybe making it a default 5sk because the ttk is already pretty fast?

I haven't seen any Evolved Custom lobbies yet. 

Edit: Over now

It was a great time. First time I got to play the settings for a while. It was very fun 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just destroyed @@siddysid in Evolved FFA :simms:  (I think it was him)

These settings are fun, not my favorite but they are definitely fun to play.

yeah I got shat on haha

they were great. AR still feels a bit out of place but aside from that it's fantastic

edit: also loving the customs browser

• Upvote (+1) 1

As you can now put the Gunfighter Magnum as a primary or secondary weapon in custom games, what do you guys think about it replacing the default magnum and maybe making it a default 5sk because the ttk is already pretty fast?

I know that I already explained this to you in the discord, but I wanted to answer this for everyone else to see:

The Gunfighter Magnum has certainly been considered since the new pistols came out, however, there are a couple issues with using it as a utility weapon.

#1: In default H5, the Gunfighter Magnum is actually nerfed to a 6sk to compensate for its faster rate of fire, which means that it only has a similar killtime to the standard default Magnum. You are just spending more bullets to kill marginally faster, with just enough ammo for two perfect 6-shot-kills per mag. It doesn't become a 5sk until shields are decreased to 80% or below(like Evolved's current 70% shields).

#2: The Gunfighter Magnum also barely has any zoom at all. This is a problem if the utility weapon is intended to be able to attack and contest opponents at long range, although it allows for a pretty cool niche for a fast-killing CQC-based precision weapon.

With those two points in mind, we likely won't be spawning with the Gunfighter Magnum, at least not as the sole utility weapon by itself. Maybe in combination with a long range utility weapon it could complement that well(Recon DMR's, anyone?).

However, the idea of spawning with the Tactical Magnum has been mostly popular with the Evolved crew, thanks to it's longer zooming 2x Classic(!) Scope. The Silenced effects may take some getting used to though, but it is also pretty cool to help distinguish that there is something different about the Evolved Magnum settings.

I can't wait to further test out stuff like this though!

• Upvote (+1) 4

#1: In default H5, the Gunfighter Magnum is actually nerfed to a 6sk to compensate for its faster rate of fire, which means that it only has a similar killtime to the standard default Magnum. You are just spending more bullets to kill marginally faster, with just enough ammo for two perfect 6-shot-kills per mag. It doesn't become a 5sk until shields are decreased to 80% or below(like Evolved's current 70% shields).

Gunfighter has a 1.25 second kill time compared to the Magnum's 1.2 second TTK. It's inferior to the Magnum in all aspects but one-shot cleanups.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gunfighter has a 1.25 second kill time compared to the Magnum's 1.2 second TTK. It's inferior to the Magnum in all aspects but one-shot cleanups.

I was more curious because of what i heard concerning it having less magnetism than the default magnum !

I was more curious because of what i heard concerning it having less magnetism than the default magnum !

It's a really shitty weapon, to be honest.

• Upvote (+1) 1