NavG123

What's your worst Halo memory?

Back in Halo 3, I was going after my first Perfection, so I decided to try it in BtB. I spent a majority of the game sitting in the back of Valhalla with a sniper. Towards the end of the game after I had went 17/0, I decided to push up into a hiding spot in the middle of the map ( if you're facing the turret side from the middle of the map, there was a small hiding spot in a rock at the top right corner of the turret area ).

There was about 10s left and I had a sniper in that little corner, and I saw someone at the turret. I decided to try to snipe him because I was getting arrogant. I choked 3 shots on him, he turns around, and kills me with less than a second left.

Edit: I thought of a second one. This was during a GB Reach 1v1 on Countdown. I was up two kills with about 20 seconds left, but the other player had both power weapons. I was just going to hide out the remaining time. At some point during the final 20s, he finds me and kills me with a rocket on back blue stairs. I spawn in the back red area next to the lift. My cousin was watching me, and he told me to watch out for the sniper. With about 5s remaining, I panic at the thought of getting sniped, and I jump down. The guy with rockets was walking past and he killed me. We replayed the match because it was a tie, and I lost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

During Halo 3, an economy for 50s emerged. I was good at MM so I hoped on board. Before I learned about boosting with low level neg exp, it was very difficult for me to get perfect record accs. Usially I wouldn't come close to losing until lvl 40-45. I ended up getting an acc all the way to 49. Won 6 games was certain game 7 was the game. It's narrows flag, things are going smooth... until a player on my team decides he wants to make me lose. Can't remember who it was, but I remember getting so mad that I punched this pole next to my set up, broke my hand.

Still attended and competed at Columbus 09 with a cast on my hand a month later. GGs GMM

• Upvote (+1) 5

Warning long CE fanboy post coming.

After playing Halo 2 for 6 or 7 months, honeymoon period ends and finally realizing this is nothing like the game I played for 3 years and starting to hate it. Even though it's an ok game in its own right.

Getting a little excited for harder to aim guns in Halo 3. Then it comes out and realizing nope it still doesn't have the magic especially in non MLG slayer at the beginning which is constant AR spray fests and stupid equipment. Again decent if that's what you want but not for me. After that I completely gave up on multiplayer Halo and barely touched Reach or 4 or 5. I knew they would not be for me.

When I heard the news that H: CEA was not going to have multiplayer.

Realizing a couple months into MCC that it will never be fixed and the population will always be tiny.

Actual specific memory that's competition related, choking in the Beyond H1 tournament last year and losing the tiebreaker HEH match 50-49. At the end we had camo and rockets and died and we had several times getting opponents to one shot and couldn't finish. They got camo the next cycle and finished it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

honestly halo 5's release.  mcc was always doomed, but the population was pretty good right before halo 5 came out, and the game had recently become somewhat playable.  it may not have been ideal, but playing broken h1 (2v2 and 4v4), h2, h3, and team snipers with a healthy population was the most enjoyable time I'd spent playing halo since before reach came out.

That Hcea didn't have multiplayer

then MCC for just teasing me in the face with it

• Upvote (+1) 3

The day we realized that the H3 br was RNG

MCC launch night and the subsequent weeks of hell

• Upvote (+1) 2

The day we realized that the H3 br was RNG

MCC launch night and the subsequent weeks of hell

At that point I still didn't have an XBONE. I was going to go out and buy one the next day after launch. I was so pumped, going to be smashing H2, can't wait!!! Luckily I read some reviews and they mentioned all the trouble it was having so I didn't end up buying it. Ended up buying it a few months later when it was fixed (at least for me). 

Meadowlands 08.

This is the only event I went to where I felt my team would be able to break into top 16. We scrimmed some great teams and played others in GBs and won a bunch. Placed top 32 in the GameBattles season 1 to secure our team pass and then.. two weeks until the tournament we break up. It was RyoNess, Obiii, WhyYaCryin and myself.

Ended up getting on a squad with J Mos Def, Omg Blaze and xPatey. We dominate Tensors team in warm ups which obviously didn't matter because in the very first round we played Power Weapons and the series was tied 1-1. We end up losing the slayer 49-50 on The Pit because I challenged someone who was in their side of Green Hall. He had a sniper, I put three shots into him before he lined up the no scope and headshot me. I played damn good the entire event but I never felt like I lost a game harder than that. Yeah I probably shouldn't challenge that fight but thats a fight I win 9/10 at the very least. I didn't let it get to me and effect my gameplay but I'll never ever forget that moment

• Upvote (+1) 4

Obviously MCC launch night. That probably is my actual worst Halo memory.

I remember my first serious reality check in my skill. I had a couple of locals that i knew who were MM warriors. We went to a local and I brought my best friend as our 4th who only dabbled in Halo (BAD idea). We didn't practice at all. I just played some Team Slayer with those two guys and our 4th didn't play a game with us prior to the tournament. The tournament was BR starts no radar, best of 3. Teams got to pick their map in game 1 and 2, and whoever had the greater win margin chose the 3rd map. We just chose Ivory Tower bc we knew everyone else wanted to play Lockout and Midship. We didn't even specialize on that map. We got our asses HANDED to us. 0-4. In one Lockout game my friend only got 1 kill, and the other two guys still refer to him as "1 Kill" to this day. We drove 2 hours to that tournament just to suck the roof off the building. I think that humbling experience was one of the worst Halo feelings Ive ever had, despite its eventual value.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember my first serious reality check in my skill. I had a couple of locals that i knew who were MM warriors. We went to a local and I brought my best friend as our 4th who only dabbled in Halo (BAD idea). We didn't practice at all. I just played some Team Slayer with those two guys and our 4th didn't play a game with us prior to the tournament. The tournament was BR starts no radar, best of 3. Teams got to pick their map in game 1 and 2, and whoever had the greater win margin chose the 3rd map. We just chose Ivory Tower bc we knew everyone else wanted to play Lockout and Midship. We didn't even specialize on that map. We got our asses HANDED to us. 0-4. In one Lockout game my friend only got 1 kill, and the other two guys still refer to him as "1 Kill" to this day. We drove 2 hours to that tournament just to suck the roof off the building. I think that humbling experience was one of the worst Halo feelings Ive ever had, despite its eventual value.

I went to my first event in 2010, after having just bought H3 in January of that year. To this day it's still my worst Halo by far. But I signed up for the Bic FFA tournament pretty confident that I'd make it at least a few rounds in, because I was always pretty decent compared to other people I knew. I went in about 4 times, and placed bottom 4 in round 1 every single time.

There was some salt involved, to say the least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least you have locals that still play Halo.

I bought my buddy (Whom was also a MM warrior) a copy of Halo 5. He logged 1 game of arena, looked at me with utmost disappointment, and inserted his black ops 3 disk.

• Upvote (+1) 3

H4 launch week. That game literally decimated the Halo friends list that I had built over 5 years. So many people quit halo forever.

I could've posted a rant about the launch week of H4 and how it wrecked all my Halo friends into other games, but this post will do just fine.

Loser Bracket Round 3 Chicago 2007. 

Up 1-0 in a series against Lil Talents team. We are winning 49-48 TS lockout. Opposing team was  trapped Br 1/sword area. We are collapsing Br3 and Br2 with sword in our hands and waiting for snipe to respawn. I start pushing top mid and have a teammate on BR3 who has the sword. I remember thinking he has got this easy. Suddenly score shows 48-48, he falls off the map from BR3 :rekt: not getting shot at or anything, he was just walking and jumping looking down. They get a kill, we get a kill and the game ends at 49-49. Long story short they end up winning the series... :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

For me, my worst memory was when Brad from AGL canceled AGL Michigan and stole thousands of dollars from the community. During this time, competitive Halo was once again starting to get exciting and things were looking bright until Brad planned out an event he could not afford and screwed over hundreds of players. Soon after competitive Halo was once again in the dumps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has to be MCC and how this place just turned to shit and hasn't really recovered. 

We all know what direction Halo 5 and the future of the franchise was heading and MCC was meant to be something to fallback to and it just didn't work. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

MCC launch night for sure. I even took the next day off from work so my brother in law (who I don't get to see much, stupid army) and I could play all day and have a blast. We all know how that turned out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The months leading up to MCC, I literally felt like a child again. Following every detail and knowing I'll be playing Halo 2 online again in 60fps with dedis. Superbounces, all the glitches, team doubles on Warlock, etc. I even felt giddy for the CE vets who would finally be able to play the most skillful Halo game online over Live. Then MCC released.

• Upvote (+1) 3