NavG123

What's your worst Halo memory?

To touch on a few of you saying MCC launch disaster had an affect on the community here, It had an affect on the entire Halo community and gaming community as a whole.

Just something that I noticed in a few posts here.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The beginning of Halo Reach watching everyone I use to game with in H3 slowly stop playing all together. It went from "Last Online 24 Hours Ago" to "Last online 100+ Days ago"

I always wonder where everyone I ever played with online is at today 8 years later. Where are they in their lives? Did any die? These are questions that will probably never be answered.

Then MCC came out and I thought maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to relive some of those memories and make new friends playing Halo again like I did when I was just a teenager. *sigh*

That's why I recommend adding the people you play with the most on facebook.  I'm still in touch with my whole H3 crew, and I've even gotten to meet several of them.

That's why I recommend adding the people you play with the most on facebook.  I'm still in touch with my whole H3 crew, and I've even gotten to meet several of them.

I still have a few I added on myspace, but literally no one uses myspace so it would be pointless to reach out to them.

1. Watching the Halo montage community die off (THF)

2. Watching the Jumping community die off

3. Watching Halo die off

4. MCC

5. Gamebattles

6. Gamebattles

7. FUCK Gamebattles

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's why I recommend adding the people you play with the most on facebook. I'm still in touch with my whole H3 crew, and I've even gotten to meet several of them.

I remember when halo started to go to shit I was part of a bnet group that had evolved past being just a halo group. It felt like it could be a long term type thing.

Then bungie mangled bnet as well.

-_____-

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can't believe that 343i shipped MCC. The game was mess, and basically killed a lot of the hope people had for Halo. It's a bit better now, but the fact they haven't talked about it in, what, 4 months is saddening. I wish it had launched in working condition.

@@Sal1ent

Where's that file share we were supposed to get?

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's why I recommend adding the people you play with the most on facebook. I'm still in touch with my whole H3 crew, and I've even gotten to meet several of them.

A lot of people are weirded out by connecting with real names though unfortunately.

1. Watching the Halo montage community die off (THF)

2. Watching the Jumping community die off

3. Watching Halo die off

4. MCC

5. Gamebattles

6. Gamebattles

7. FUCK Gamebattles

The THF competition is actually going on right now. Was there ever a post here?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The MCC launch and no MP in CEA. You have to go pretty far down the list to get to something 343 didn't do.

Edit: @@Basu has the right idea. ADS leak was demoralizing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I still vividly remember when they first officially revealed H5 gameplay. The entire twitch chat went from excitement to extreme disappointment in a matter of seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For me it was when the H5 ADS + Sprint footage leaked:

halo-5-ads-leak.jpg

It was at this point I knew this franchise is doomed forever, because 343 again chose to make a modern military FPS in space instead of a Halo game. People claimed "343 gets it" and that at least H5 was gonna be good after the MCC debacle. But nope, H5 is again one step forward, twenty steps back.

This is the exact image I was referring to in my post. Apparently a lot of people were under the same impression as you and I. :/

My worst memory is when 343i decided to put sprint permanently in Halo 4 because sprint was the most picked armor ability in Halo Reach. That's frustrating to me because they didn't even consider no sprint as an option and ignored other halo games to base Halo 4 on. Basically it told me their judgement was pretty bad. And sprint not only ruined gameplay with it's free getaways but it also ruined map design, meaning every map had to be tailored to sprint which turned maps into large hallways, ramps, and big platforms. No longer would we see creative map styles or creative gameplay again. The strategy on one map is now basically the strategy on them all: Sprint to this, sprint to that, especially since sprint means power positions become less powerful.

Another annoying thing is watching Halo become more and more noob friendly. Now we have radars, sprint, automatics and long kill times. It's just cheese at this point.  

I feel like this is the core to Halo: No sprint, fast kill times, good maps, low aim magnetism and a good ranking system. Halo 5 doesn't have one. Ranked would be amazing, but you can dodge people and it won't count as a loss, and you can search as a team of four and match randoms and basically get free wins and rank up from it. Sooo yea just manipulate that if you want to get to a high champ rank.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For me it was when the H5 ADS + Sprint footage leaked:

halo-5-ads-leak.jpg

It was at this point I knew this franchise is doomed forever, because 343 again chose to make a modern military FPS in space instead of a Halo game. People claimed "343 gets it" and that at least H5 was gonna be good after the MCC debacle. But nope, H5 is again one step forward, twenty steps back.

Oh how my heart just dropped in my chest when that leaked footage came out.  I wanted so badly not to believe it, so so badly.  I can agree with your post 100% - as someone who competed back in HCE/H2, to see what Halo has become just wrecks me. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh how my heart just dropped in my chest when that leaked footage came out.  I wanted so badly not to believe it, so so badly.  I can agree with your post 100% - as someone who competed back in HCE/H2, to see what Halo has become just wrecks me.

I still have an image of a very blurry AR looking down at a light-colored floor burned in my mind from that reveal. What a shame. To think that I was convinced H5 was going to be a return to actual Halo.

The THF competition is actually going on right now. Was there ever a post here?

I know but compared to how it use to be it is dead bby far.

I remember when halo started to go to shit I was part of a bnet group that had evolved past being just a halo group. It felt like it could be a long term type thing.

-_____-

Even before reading this I was thinking about that earlier. 

People we used to talk to every day about whatever, and now I have no idea what any of those guys are doing

Right, but I meant a post here on TB letting people know about it

I don't think the staff would allow it.

-_____-

I've been in a long term bnet group that moved beyond halo a long time ago.  Everyone in the group stopped playing halo by 2011 and then three years later everyone got xbox ones in November 2014 to relive the halo 2 glory days.  They gave up in a week and the group went back to never talking about halo.  We've had our own site since early Halo 3 so we completely dodged bungie's wacky updates to their website.  

-_____-

RIP, Seasoned Veterans.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think that the worst memory that I have developed over time, is how once I converted from playing casually to competitively, I started to understand the game so much better, and therefore really started to hate how much Halo has changed over the generations.

I used to think that the changes were for the better. Because of my now much more competitive understanding, I now understand that the changes are in fact for the worst.

I stopped enjoying Halo once I realized that, and I kinda sometimes wish that I was still an oblivious casual.

Ignorance was such bliss.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2011-2012 sucked, the whole scene started collapsing when I just started lol. Was pretty depressing watching it all slowly die, then in 2012 MLG Cbus was a super hype event and brought the community back. That event for me at least (didn't watch a ton of h3) was the highlight of Halo for me since it did feel partly like a grassroots event since most people understood that was Halo on its last feet and it was a large community effort. We made threads on Waypoint and would keep replying it to get higher viewers, would post whereever we could to get more viewers/hype. The event ended in a ton of hype game 5s and game 11s, with new players making 1st place. Community looked good and it might seem we can make something happen

Then MLG Reach Spring Online Season happened, then AGL happened, then H4 MLG happened (it was alright but a pre-release event is nothing really to me), then more AGL I think and we were never back on the same footing.

Sucked

• Upvote (+1) 1