Uninterpretable

Query between Reach and Combat Evolved

I wouldn't doubt that on mcc the game/console/controller lags and counts your seperate trigger pulls as being held down.

That's literally bloom. Error happens no matter how you fire. Also known as spread. HCE pistol has bloom and error/spread. It's just bloom isn't a factor because the cooldown is shorter than the firing rate unlike in reach or h4.

bloom was the steady decrease in accuracy no matter what you did, error is a trait related full auto only or just holding down the trigger only and there isn't any gradual increase. bloom was present even if you were tapping the trigger, error was not and it wasn't gradual.

I wouldn't doubt that on mcc the game/console/controller lags and counts your seperate trigger pulls as being held down.

Honestly I think this is true. Like if you're not fully releasing the trigger or something. Is there any way to test trigger pulls on xbone like that? I always try to test it but there's no spread, then I play an actual sweaty game and I swear it's happening constantly.

Comparing Halo CE's pistol bullet spread to Halo 3's BR bullet spread and acting like they have very similar detrimental affects on game play is hilarious to me. Halo 1's pistol has bullet spread but it's nowhere close to being detrimental to the competitive merit/integrity of the game.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against the idea of removing the pistol's bullet spread but what I'm saying is that change alone will not increase the competitive validity of the game. Removing the pistol's bullet spread would just change the balance of the game and would require for you to change other aspects of the game to compensate.

That being said I think most Halo 1 veterans/purists that have been playing the game for years would most likely be against a change like this because it would change a core aspect of the game. Which I can completely understand where they're coming from. If I put years of time into learning every aspect of a game and pushed myself past my limits to try to improve every time I played the game and then randomly one day the developer decides to update the game and change a core aspect of the game I would feel like I wasted my time and effort.

Uh. If you fire the h3 BR into a wall 5 feet away like that you will get similar results.

So if I'm noticing it while playing casually wouldn't it oy become worse the more competitive the setting becomes?

I've played both, though only MCC recently. I've always felt that it's accuracy has left something to be desired. The same way I feel about the h3 BR.

I dunno I feel like you pay more attention to whether your shot missed or not if you are sweaty. Rather than just feeling like it's off sometimes.

Anyway, are you switching up on host vs offhost a lot and being aware there's a huge difference? That's a possibility too. Because like 99% of us don't feel the way you do about it. If you do tests you can see if your reticle is right on the head it will pull any bullet spread in to count as a hit.

that honestly never even occurred to me.

Honestly I think this is true. Like if you're not fully releasing the trigger or something. Is there any way to test trigger pulls on xbone like that? I always try to test it but there's no spread, then I play an actual sweaty game and I swear it's happening constantly.

I mean my bumper doesn't work 10% of the time and i have only 1k games put on the controller. Maybe the trigger doesnt release fully sometimes too.

Uh. If you fire the h3 BR into a wall 5 feet away like that you will get similar results.

Watch the video Basu posted that's more than 5ft and try that with an h3 BR. I sometimes like to play devils advocate or think about it from a different standpoint but I just can't here. I have absolutely no idea how you can logically come to this opinion unless you are playing MCC on shitty servers.

Watch the video Basu posted that's more than 5ft and try that with an h3 BR. I sometimes like to play devils advocate or think about it from a different standpoint but I just can't here. I have absolutely no idea how you can logically come to this opinion unless you are playing MCC on shitty servers.

And most people come to conclusions about the h3 BR based on playing on shitty online netcode.

And most people come to conclusions about the h3 BR based on playing on shitty online netcode.

The H3 BR has more spread. This is fact. And outside of HeH spread literally never matters. You can't say the same for the H3 BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

all you have to do is load up a custom game to see the h3 br doesn't shoot straight. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. That's why mlg made is 110% damage because the BR was guaranteed to drop bullets in a gun fight at no fault to your own. The 1st bullet of the br burst is the most accurate, the 2nd is less, and the 3rd is even fewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y4K1gR0q6I

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against the idea of removing the pistol's bullet spread but what I'm saying is that change alone will not increase the competitive validity of the game. Removing the pistol's bullet spread would just change the balance of the game and would require for you to change other aspects of the game to compensate.

I think you're exaggerating the effects that removing bullet spread would actually have the pistol is plenty accurate already all that this would do is remove any aspect of randomness from the shooting skill gap would still remain since you still have to lead you're shots.

It's not going to suddenly start acting like a hitscan weapon and it certainly won't change the core at all or need any rebalances.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems irrelevant to everything that I wrote. Did you read the post?

Anyway, I played a lot of H3 LAN. There is spread on the BR but worst of all you still blood shot people on LAN. I think there is a notorious clip of a MLG tournament where someone gets a blood shot late into the game with snipe. Still have no idea how anyone can come to that conclusion that you did but oh well.

You must hold the trigger down when you fire the CE pistol instead of pulse it then.