Uninterpretable

Query between Reach and Combat Evolved

One of the reasons competitive players denied Reach was because of the inconsistencys of Bloom. A person controlling their shots could be out shot by someone spamming theirs, which led to too many infuriating losses.

But CE's pistol feels wildy innacurate, even if you paced shots. So why did Reach get bloom hate but not CE?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. The CE Pistol is nowhere near as inaccurate as the DMR. Your statement is completely false.

2. The competitive maps have shorter sightlines so the bullet will not spread far.

3. Bullet magnetism will pull the bullet on target even if the bullet randomly blooms to the side.

I am a proponent of making the pistol shoot 100% straight out of the barrel to negate any weird shit from happening (and also because the MCC version of the pistol does not function properly due to weird bullet magnetism), but 99.9% of the time CE Pistol bloom does not matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not as inaccurate. I wish it was more accurate though.

I swear the pistol is more accurate in splitscreen though lol.

I find H3 BR spread complaints from HCE kids to be kind of funny because from my experiences they're fairly similar in terms of wtf moments and general feeling of randomness.

Does holding the trigger make it less accurate? Compared to tapping?

And yeah im playing on MCC and its extremely unreliable. But still the best weapon.

Yes holding the trigger will make it shoot all over the place don't do it.

The MCC has terrible hit registration because of 343's "dedicated servers" and overall it's just a shitty af port. Be prepared for inconsistencies, especially melee and shot registration

• Upvote (+1) 2

Awesome. Thanks you guys. I know reach dmr is more innacurate, i just feel like the comparisons are def there.

Since launch ive heard about the terrible CE port on MCC so its got to be that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not as inaccurate. I wish it was more accurate though.

I find H3 BR spread complaints from HCE kids to be kind of funny because from my experiences they're fairly similar in terms of wtf moments and general feeling of randomness.

How often have you played the original Xbox version competitively? It's not random at all, maybe just in cross-map battles on HEH where it feels like you can get lucky headshots, but other than that it's fine. MCC is random.

My explanation for that is Field of View.

Lets say it has 1-spartan width of spread at a specific number of units of distance.

With higher FoV that distance appears farther and the spartan's width thinner.

The actual spread remains unchanged but the bullets will seem closer together than before.

If you're talking about MCC H1, it doesn't shoot or play like original at all.  You would need to play original Xbox version.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

To get a deeper understanding of how the Halo 1 pistol functions I highly recommend for you to read this post that I'm about to link.

As for the original Xbox port of Halo CE versus the MCC port of Halo CE, the original Xbox port of Halo CE is objectively superior. The MCC port of Halo CE is plagued with a ton of bugs including some bugs with the auto aim (bullet magnetism) and magnetism (sticky aim) systems so don't expect the game to play 100% like the original.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To get a deeper understanding of how the Halo 1 pistol functions I highly recommend for you to read this post that I'm about to link.

As for the original Xbox port of Halo CE versus the MCC port of Halo CE, the original Xbox port of Halo CE is objectively superior. The MCC port of Halo CE is plagued with a ton of bugs including some bugs with the auto aim (bullet magnetism) and magnetism (sticky aim) systems so don't expect the game to play 100% like the original.

LOL Halo 2 is so dumb

Bungie, that's a different "head" shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The bloom only happens when you hold down the trigger in Multiplayer. It doesn't bloom in the campaign.

If you tap it, it's always accurate. It does have spread, but it's negligible compared to a game like h3 or h2 prepatch. It even has less spread than the DMR after the no bloom update.

MCC has tons of connectivity issues as well as it being a shitty port of a shitty port.

Now I'm not saying that you can't miss/hit because of the spread of the ce pistol, you definitely can, it's just happens so rarely you don't play around it. With bullet magnetism, it severely reduces the effect.

If you want to compare the spread,

the ce pistol is a .

the h3 br is a o

the hr DMR w/ bloom is a O

the hr dmr w/o bloom is a º

The h2 br pre-patch is bigger than h3's br.

the h2 post post has zero spread afaik, it's 100% accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@t3h m00kz

why do you reverse what we call bullet magnetism and auto aim/aim assist? god bless reading that is hard. I believe they are labeled incorrectly in the h1 editor but fuck u should have just switched it urself. I can see how magnetism could be how you're reticle magnetizes, but the a bullet doesn't aim, a gun does. Using auto-aim as a means to describe bullet magnetizes is just agonizing. /pointlessrant

p.s. all ur pictures are broken in this post http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-4307?do=findComment&comment=698845

How often have you played the original Xbox version competitively? It's not random at all, maybe just in cross-map battles on HEH where it feels like you can get lucky headshots, but other than that it's fine. MCC is random.

What does playing competitvely have to do with it? It's not going to change how it functions depending on who you play against. The gun's reticle is so big and that makes it feel really random imo.

What does playing competitvely have to do with it? It's not going to change how it functions depending on who you play against. The gun's reticle is so big and that makes it feel really random imo.

It matters because when you're playing casually you're not really trying or caring as much. You notice more issues when you are in a mindset where you are trying hard to win. That's why competitive players notice more issues than casual players.

Anyway you didn't answer whether you've played OG at all recently or if you are basing your perception on MCC. Believe me they are completely different which is why every top player has abandoned MCC (since most of them have the luxury of OG LANs).

It matters because when you're playing casually you're not really trying or caring as much. You notice more issues when you are in a mindset where you are trying hard to win. That's why competitive players notice more issues than casual players.

Anyway you didn't answer whether you've played OG at all recently or if you are basing your perception on MCC. Believe me they are completely different which is why every top player has abandoned MCC (since most of them have the luxury of OG LANs).

So if I'm noticing it while playing casually wouldn't it oy become worse the more competitive the setting becomes?

I've played both, though only MCC recently. I've always felt that it's accuracy has left something to be desired. The same way I feel about the h3 BR.

Hce has what's called error, not bloom. Error deals with the value of accuracy the longer you hold the trigger. Holding it causes the error value to flare and prevent you from hitting anything, pressing the trigger individually is the only way to mitigate the error effect, as after one trigger pull the value will change, holding will kill your weapons accuracy, but letting go after each shot will prevent things from getting bad.

Hce has what's called error, not bloom. Error deals with the value of accuracy the longer you hold the trigger. Holding it causes the error value to flare and prevent you from hitting anything, pressing the trigger individually is the only way to mitigate the error effect, as after one trigger pull the value will change, holding will kill your weapons accuracy, but letting go after each shot will prevent things from getting bad.

That's literally bloom. Error happens no matter how you fire. Also known as spread. HCE pistol has bloom and error/spread. It's just bloom isn't a factor because the cooldown is shorter than the firing rate unlike in reach or h4.

So if I'm noticing it while playing casually wouldn't it oy become worse the more competitive the setting becomes?

I've played both, though only MCC recently. I've always felt that it's accuracy has left something to be desired. The same way I feel about the h3 BR.

Comparing Halo CE's pistol bullet spread to Halo 3's BR bullet spread and acting like they have very similar detrimental affects on game play is hilarious to me. Halo 1's pistol has bullet spread but it's nowhere close to being detrimental to the competitive merit/integrity of the game.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against the idea of removing the pistol's bullet spread but what I'm saying is that change alone will not increase the competitive validity of the game. Removing the pistol's bullet spread would just change the balance of the game and would require for you to change other aspects of the game to compensate. 

That being said I think most Halo 1 veterans/purists that have been playing the game for years would most likely be against a change like this because it would change a core aspect of the game. Which I can completely understand where they're coming from. If I put years of time into learning every aspect of a game and pushed myself past my limits to try to improve every time I played the game and then randomly one day the developer decides to update the game and change a core aspect of the game I would feel like I wasted my time and effort.

• Upvote (+1) 2