Sign in to follow this  
Fatal

JoeyClutch: Halo 3 Montage 1 (100% Level 50 MLG)

pretty solid overall, plus I like that it wasn't overedited.

The gameplay consists entirely of level 50 MLG 

there were a lot of custom games in there ...

It's without a doubt the best gameplay I've ever seen from a single person 

:thinking: 

even Hysteria's half of the Neighbor/Hysteria dualtage? ...

• Downvote (-1) 1

there were a lot of custom games in there ...

The custom games were in general against other 50s, either way, the point was that all the clips aren't against low level players.

:thinking: 

even Hysteria's half of the Neighbor/Hysteria dualtage? ...

And yes, I think this gameplay easily is better than Hysteria's. 3 insane killtacs, a long range stick exterm, 241 stick exterm, and like 20 clean sniper overs with only a few rocket kills. Snip3down's is likely better if you took all his best clips from Str8tage and M1 and put them into an 8 minute video but his M1 alone has a lot of filler BR exterms and average sniper stuff.

Wow this was honestly one of my favorite montages I've seen thus far... Great music choices and subtle editing.

Mind if I PM you some questions about the editing and logistics?

And yes, I think this gameplay easily is better than Hysteria's. 3 insane killtacs, a long range stick exterm, 241 stick exterm, and like 20 clean sniper overs with only a few rocket kills. Snip3down's is likely better if you took all his best clips from Str8tage and M1 and put them into an 8 minute video but his M1 alone has a lot of filler BR exterms and average sniper stuff.

Okay now you're just being ridiculious ... half of Hysteria's clips were against pros, not randoms in MM (not all MLG 50s are created equal), and I wasn't blown away by too many of Joey's clips; a lot of spawn-killing for overkills.  Hysteria's two best killtacs (on the Pit and Construct) were waaaay more impressive than anything in this montage.  I've watched a LOT of H3 montages and wouldn't put this in the top 10 (though maybe top 20).  The Sudds dualtage had way better clips, for example

• Downvote (-1) 1

I wasn't blown away by too many of Joey's clips; a lot of spawn-killing for overkills. 

lol are you being serious right now? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol are you being serious right now? 

Agreed? I can see How Hysteria and Neighbors Dultage had amazing clips but Joeys montage is just gameplay from him and Had some of the sickest gameplay i've seen.

Overkil Exterm quick scope while falling off S3 one shot on Guardian, all No scope Overkill on the Pit against Arkanum, Killtrocity Exterm on Narrows. Just to name a few.

Okay now you're just being ridiculious ... half of Hysteria's clips were against pros, not randoms in MM (not all MLG 50s are created equal), and I wasn't blown away by too many of Joey's clips; a lot of spawn-killing for overkills.  Hysteria's two best killtacs (on the Pit and Construct) were waaaay more impressive than anything in this montage.  I've watched a LOT of H3 montages and wouldn't put this in the top 10 (though maybe top 20).  The Sudds dualtage had way better clips, for example

First of all, Hysteria and Neighbor's dualtage had just above 4 minutes of gameplay. Hysteria had 17 clips to Neighbor's 13, Joey's tage has over 5 minutes of gameplay by himself.

Secondly, the only reason Hysteria has more clips on pros is because he gets to play against them more often. A lot of 50s in H3 could definitely compete with pro players but never had the opportunity too. Joey probably only played against pro/semi-pro players a handful of times in matchmaking and still hit two clips on them. Chimp matched up vs Infamous once in Reach and hit one of the sickest sniper exterms I've seen against them. I hit an over against Best Man, Neighbor, and Hysteria in my second game vs them. I guarantee many level 50 players would have a lot more clips on pros if they had the opportunity to play just as many games against them as Hysteria did. Just because they're pros doesn't mean they're vastly more skilled than top level 50 players, and spoiler alert, they're not. Also, Hysteria's Construct tac was incredible but his Pit tac was not better than any of the killtacs in this montage lol. In fact, his Pit tac is literally a shittier version of Joey's second tac. Joey has a more impressive double, triple, and overkill shot and they both spawnkill the tac at the same spot so I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

Also, you saying you're not blown away by many of Joey's clips but then dick-riding Sudd's and Hysteria so hard is fucking hilarious. Cross map stick exterm, lifting noscope tac on Pit, no shields noscope tac, trocity exterm on Fugo, back to back noscope into over on Arkanum, back to back noscope triple on Snakebite, no shields falling quickscope exterm on Guardian, quickscope triple while going up open lift, and it goes on and on.

Anyways, I don't really care enough to keep arguing about this so let's just agree to disagree. Glad you enjoyed the montage, thanks for watching.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Impressive. Many of those clips must be very old though, because I recognize maybe 10 or so gts in there. 

I hate it when beginners put pros on pedestals over other 50s. Surely, they are good, but many people could compete. 

I also liked the music. It fits nicely with it being a legacy and all that, and we should now feel sad. 

Yeah, some of them are pretty old because he's been saving clips since '08/09. Yeah, I love the music too :) third song is my favourite, especially the piano at the end. Best Man's M1 is definitely in my top 3 favourite montages and Sor3's editing in that video really influenced my editing style and music preferences which becomes is pretty clear from this video lol.

Thanks for watching, glad you liked it!

I miss when headshots were actually a headshot.

Pretty sure this tage is completely 360 H3.

Pretty sure this tage is completely 360 H3.

I am not sure what you mean, but I am talking about in this video he actually gets a head shot, and they die, while in Halo 5 you miss and they die. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not sure what you mean, but I am talking about in this video he actually gets a head shot, and they die, while in Halo 5 you miss and they die. 

oh lol. I thought you were suggesting that in MCC it's easier to get headshots (it feels like it, can  get back of head snipes way easier than in OG H3).

Carry on.

Not to mention, at least in my experience, cannon snipes on Narrows are way easier to hit in MCC.

I don't play MCC but they might've changed tickrate along with the FPS.

I don't think they did actually, and it fucked everything up.  Or they did and it fucked everything up.

Hit detection in OG H3 was questionable to begin with, in MCC its atrocious. Though I haven't played since H5 came out.

But damn, that montage almost makes me want to play halo 3 again.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Just to be clear this tage was 100% from 360, some of the clips were from 2009-2010 so if you played back then you'll recognize a few of those names. I also started playing more in 2013 when everyone briefly came back and continued playing, so if you played then you might recognize some other names.

And yeah I am not sure exactly what it is with MCC but the registration is definitely worse than 360, but shooting on MCC is much easier IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1