Wpns Grade NG

Proof Why Sprint Doesn't Belong in Halo

Proof why sprint is staying in halo

343i

Good heavens. I thought it was Treyarch for a second.

Preaching to the choir here.

Maybe try infiltrating the hivemind of the HCS thread.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Preaching to the choir here.

Maybe try infiltrating the hivemind of the HCS thread.

newsflash; just because we put up with it in halo 5 doesn't mean if given the choice most of us wouldn't drop it like a hot potato.

OT: how about instead of beating a dead horse, we focus on growing our grassroot scene back so we run settings available to us in customs. how long have we been talking about testing settings and yet nothing happens? it still amazes me we use default settings in TB tournies.

Amazing video and spot on.  If only 343 would realize that what Halo needs is not found in the fanboy posts of r/halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At least this sprint complaining has led to a sprint that won't give players their shields back. If sprint is here to stay it'd be nice if you could either shoot and sprint at the same time or you couldn't sprint unless you have full shields. 

At least this sprint complaining has led to a sprint that won't give players their shields back. If sprint is here to stay it'd be nice if you could either shoot and sprint at the same time or you couldn't sprint unless you have full shields. 

Doesn't matter what you do to sprint, it's going to be awful.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doesn't matter what you do to sprint, it's going to be awful.

Yea

It's such a band-aid fix though and it makes the game even more clunky and awkward. "oh you got shot once so now you're moving at a snail's pace for the next 7 seconds if you want to get that health back. Also the fact that the other SAs don't have this punishment creates this random mess of mechanics that is neither fun to play nor watch

I think they did a great job balancing sprint in this one. Bar thruster pack, all of the spartan abilities are highly punishable when used wrong.

This video, at one point, trys to say that sprint adds an unfair balance by saying "oh, I'm sprinting and he's not so he gets the first shot" well...no duh? In fact, due to that scenario, I believe sprints balance is achieved because you can't act like Sanic and still get kills.

The inability to recharge shields while sprinting isn't clunky at all imo. There have been many scenarios where the guy ran away, and I was able to call it out to a teammate, or I read his movement and still had a heavy upper hand many seconds later.

With that said, of course I would love to see sprint taken away.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's such a band-aid fix though and it makes the game even more clunky and awkward. "oh you got shot once so now you're moving at a snail's pace for the next 7 seconds if you want to get that health back. Also the fact that the other SAs don't have this punishment creates this random mess of mechanics that is neither fun to play nor watch

Yea you're also right.

But I also don't understand. I'll use Super Smash Brothers Melee as an example. A 15 year old game. Roughly the same age as Halo CE. Has a HUGE scene in E-Sports and has never been stronger. They don't have an efficient online play. Which leads the scene to be forced to group together in person. We fought tooth and nail to be recognized and accepted by Nintendo. Even after all the reluctance and negativity they through at the Melee scene.

I've been trying to do this for a while. But why the heck don't we, as a community, start working on gathering a strong and unified scene? We have all the options available to make a huge comeback. MCC. Crazy awesome amount of customization in Halo 5.

Why don't we, as a unified community, attempt to SHOW 343i that the people of Halo don't want sprint?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wasn't that a silly Halo 4 excuse? Sorry if im sounding too preachy btw you guys

The main reason is because people expect it in a modern FPS. That came from one of their talks at GDC recently from the guy who was involved with designing the Spartan Abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The main reason is because people expect it in a modern FPS. That came from one of their talks at GDC recently from the guy who was involved with designing the Spartan Abilities.

Oi vei. I will still hold onto some faith haha!! I'll show those nerds

Great video. Unfortunately no matter how obvious it is from a gameplay perspective, it's the focus group, "players expect to be able to sprint" idiocy that's holding us back.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But I also don't understand. I'll use Super Smash Brothers Melee as an example. A 15 year old game. Roughly the same age as Halo CE. Has a HUGE scene in E-Sports and has never been stronger. They don't have an efficient online play. Which leads the scene to be forced to group together in person. We fought tooth and nail to be recognized and accepted by Nintendo. Even after all the reluctance and negativity they through at the Melee scene.

I've been trying to do this for a while. But why the heck don't we, as a community, start working on gathering a strong and unified scene? We have all the options available to make a huge comeback. MCC. Crazy awesome amount of customization in Halo 5.

Why don't we, as a unified community, attempt to SHOW 343i that the people of Halo don't want sprint?

Its the halo communities biggest flaw; over dependence on dev support/ big tourny orgs and the stagnation of our grassroots scene.

• Upvote (+1) 5

As soon as he said the words, "true halo game " I had to turn it off. Sprint is great, playing the old games is unbearably slow without it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 26

As soon as he said the words, "true halo game " I had to turn it off. Sprint is great, playing the old games is unbearably slow without it.

What if I told you that base movement in old games was actually as fast as sprint is now? Especially relative to map size, which is the biggest contributor. Lol games like Quake didn't have sprint and they are 10x faster.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

What if I told you that base movement in old games was sagas the as sprint is now? Especially relative to map size, which is the biggest contributor. Lol games like Quake didn't have sprint and they are 10x faster.

What are you even trying to say? You need to explain clearer I have no clue what you mean

• Downvote (-1) 5