Destroyaaa

Pokemon GO Thread

Yes. The Waffle House at the corner of my block is a gym  :laughing:

I don't care how old you are, this is actually hella fun!

• Upvote (+1) 4

A park that is right above my house has a gym. Some friends and I were there until about midnight last night catching pokemon and fighting the gym.

I work in a building with like 300+ people and most are really into video games. There's a gym about 1 block away...I've already started rallying the troops to make sure we keep full-time control over it.

Server issues aside this game is pretty fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty bad launch so far. Constant server issues for me.

can someone explain what this is? I dont have an Android :(

basically geocaching but with pokemon on your phone. you walk/ride around finding pokemon on your phone in real world locations.

Only available to US/AUS/Japan right now. 

but u can work around it

android - download the apk - u can look through the sub reddit r/pokemongo to find it

ios - make a US apple account. 

can someone explain what this is? I dont have an Android :(

What do you have? It's on iOS as well if you have that.

I hope they sort out the server issues soon while the game is still very hyped up. I've got some friends and co-workers who have kind of given up on the game already because the servers rarely work.

Server issues aside, this is an amazing example of mobile gaming done right. There were people I expected to see playing and then people I had no idea had any interest at all coming together and play. Was even surprised by the amount of locations that are used as Pokestops and Gyms in my town. 

Best part so far was today on my way home from work I see a guy downtown on his bike dressed up in all black. Then I notice he has his phone out and the giant red "R" on his shirt. Team Rocket at it again! Even my University is embracing the idea of Pokemon Go and tweeted locations of places on campus that are part of the game. It's incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope they sort out the server issues soon while the game is still very hyped up. I've got some friends and co-workers who have kind of given up on the game already because the servers rarely work.

Yeah, it hasn't been a great launch unfortunately. I'm kinda headed in that direction too. It seems like there's no point in me even trying to get on the game between like 6am to 5pm where I live.

Yeah, it hasn't been a great launch unfortunately. I'm kinda headed in that direction too. It seems like there's no point in me even trying to get on the game between like 6am to 5pm where I live.

Seems a lot better as the day went on today. Hopefully signs of improvement.

I went downtown today since where i live isn't as populated. People were setting up lures in the park and I just sort of hopped from lure to lure. Tons of people were there chatting, making jokes, taking pictures. This game is literally changing the world

I came with some strong pokemon looking to take over the gyms but it was bugging out. I'd get the guy to 1 health and then he wouldn't die. Debating going back or just waiting till tomorrow

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whew, not even 24 hours after I posted the inb4. I almost didn't make it. Can you imagine?

The article was posted 3 days ago. So it happened with its release.

Could be fake, I don't know if any of these sites are credible.

The article was posted 3 days ago. So it happened with its release.

Could be fake, I don't know if any of these sites are credible.

You disappoint me.

Been going on 1-2 mile walks every day now and have been running into other players. Never thought that would actually happen when they announced it

Been going on 1-2 mile walks every day now and have been running into other players. Never thought that would actually happen when they announced it

We had about 20+ people on a lure yesterday in a park near my house.

We also met up with some guys later that night and we would tell them if we found something worth catching and they did the same for us.

Its actually really useful to have more people when you are catching pokemon, you fan out and whoever gets closer calls it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1