Sign in to follow this  
Teapot

Hawken Thread

Hawken was apparently just released for console or was just made free to play. I remember hearing about this game but I guess there wasn't much marketing done and it wasn't on the front page of the Xbox Dash. Apparently this game came out in 2012 on PC and didn't last so long. Since it just came out on X1 it seems pretty active for the time being.

Would anyone be down to play something like this? There is a decent amount of movement options for all mechs. You have two gauges to watch out for besides your own health. You have your gas consumption as well as weapon's overheating. Gas is used to boost, ascend/hover, as well as dodge. By default, LB allows you to thrust/boost forward, RB allows you to jetpack upwards. Tapping LB and a direction will use minimal gas and provide a dodge that has a very short cool down.

You have two weapons, three skills, and the ability to self heal anywhere anytime, but it takes a long time to self heal and you are exposed doing so. It's very similar to playing a bastion in Overwatch lol.

6 game modes: 

• Deathmatch
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Co-Op Team Deathmatch
  • Co-Op Bot Destruction
  • Siege
  • Missile Assault

9 maps, Multiple Mechs.

Here is just some random montage I found. I don't think theres anything to crazy in here, but he utilizies the movement options pretty well. In my opinion I think this game is a lot of fun but also rewards players with thumbs and brains. Won't be an e-sport or highly competitive but there is definitely a skill gap involved.

I figure maybe a few of you guys would be interested in this. Let me know if you want to group up!

This game was great! The developer made their money and left the game alone sadly until new DEVs took up the game. The game play is a bit ont he complex side but thats just part of this game. Its definitely a team game.

iOL8INL.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ever since I saw this at e3 years ago I wanted to play this

There needs to be more ideas of first person mech shooters

You don't always gotta be a soldier

How about a super soldier who can sprint really fast? That would be hella immersive!

I did download this game when it became available on the Xbone, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Looks cool.

How about a super soldier who can sprint really fast? That would be hella immersive!

I did download this game when it became available on the Xbone, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Looks cool.

If you guys want to group up let me know. So far I'm just playing pubs solo and it's a lot of fun. You can really juke and out-play people in this game but it's not easy to fight or make good plays in 2v1s. When playing solo, you as an individual have some freedom but you can just tell that in a real match that you are worthless without a team huddling around each other protecting one another.

I'm loving it so far. Dodging is responsive and isn't seemed to be used on me as much as I try to dodge others. Combine the dodge boost and hover abilities and you can easily juke someone.

I should have recorded it but I actually ninja'd someone and got an achievement for it. I was weak boosted down a hall and to the right around a corner. As soon as I made it around the corner I hovered straight up and was chased down by another mech. Once he turned the same corner my gas ran out and I came crashing down on him and got the kill by crushing him. Pretty cool stuff.

If you guys want to group up let me know. So far I'm just playing pubs solo and it's a lot of fun. You can really juke and out-play people in this game but it's not easy to fight or make good plays in 2v1s. When playing solo, you as an individual have some freedom but you can just tell that in a real match that you are worthless without a team huddling around each other protecting one another.

I'm loving it so far. Dodging is responsive and isn't seemed to be used on me as much as I try to dodge others. Combine the dodge boost and hover abilities and you can easily juke someone.

I should have recorded it but I actually ninja'd someone and got an achievement for it. I was weak boosted down a hall and to the right around a corner. As soon as I made it around the corner I hovered straight up and was chased down by another mech. Once he turned the same corner my gas ran out and I came crashing down on him and got the kill by crushing him. Pretty cool stuff.

Yeah. I'm trying to get my buddies to download it

Just send me an invite when ever you're down if you see me online. I may or may not be already playing another game with my homies

Yeah. I'm trying to get my buddies to download it

Just send me an invite when ever you're down if you see me online. I may or may not be already playing another game with my homies

is your gt the same as your username? I'm gonna search solo in a few mins.

is your gt the same as your username? I'm gonna search solo in a few mins.

No. You have me on xbl already. My GT was MF Gojira. I'd play support in MNC

I changed it to Foltzwagen

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. You have me on xbl already. My GT was MF Gojira. I'd play support in MNC

I changed it to Foltzwagen

Dude.. I had wondered what happened to you for the longest time and wondering who the hell foltzwagen was on my list lol. Awesome. I plan on playing today and streaming a bit again. I just stream from the box but it's easy to get a handful of viewers since it's new and feature on the xbox home page somewhere.

Dude.. I had wondered what happened to you for the longest time and wondering who the hell foltzwagen was on my list lol. Awesome. I plan on playing today and streaming a bit again. I just stream from the box but it's easy to get a handful of viewers since it's new and feature on the xbox home page somewhere.

Yeah I stopped gaming for a long time..if I was gaming it was exclusively street fighter

Just recently started playing games again