CyReN

Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Downloaded the tu last night for the 360 and it deleted my character. Oh the joy.

I was just playing and i got kicked off went back on and lost my lv 24 character. I'm done

Anyone wanna jump on and rob some stores?

After that mission we got put in different lobbies I think.  Had to go anyway.

Watching Merryweather kill other players

Once you hit level 35 you get the option to Call in Mercenaries for $7,500 every 15 minutes on ANY player in your session. If you have an apartment, you can watch TV and spectate any persons POV.  So you can Call in Mercenaries on a player and watch them die on your TV... It is pretty funny, especially if it's revenge.

Damn I'm totally calling them on my friends.

Watching Merryweather kill other players

Once you hit level 35 you get the option to Call in Mercenaries for $7,500 every 15 minutes on ANY player in your session. If you have an apartment, you can watch TV and spectate any persons POV.  So you can Call in Mercenaries on a player and watch them die on your TV... It is pretty funny, especially if it's revenge.

That's pretty bad ass. Gonna have to try that once I get enough cash to buy a house.

Just a heads up, if you are having a character disappear it isn't deleted. It usually means there is an issue with the connection to the cloud servers, where all the characters are saved. 

If you make a new character it will overwrite your old one, but if you restart you Xbox a couple times, redownload the update, and things alone those lines, for the most part, people are having their characters show back up. 

The servers are still maxed and they are still having trouble keeping up with all the demand, so sometimes the connection just isn't syncing properly with all Xbox's. 

Just a heads up, if you are having a character disappear it isn't deleted. It usually means there is an issue with the connection to the cloud servers, where all the characters are saved. 

If you make a new character it will overwrite your old one, but if you restart you Xbox a couple times, redownload the update, and things alone those lines, for the most part, people are having their characters show back up. 

The servers are still maxed and they are still having trouble keeping up with all the demand, so sometimes the connection just isn't syncing properly with all Xbox's. 

I made a new character in the 2nd slot though. Would that still overwrite it?

Honestly not a fan of Online as much as I wanted to be. I was expecting more of an... MMO feel, rather than a mindless sandbox.

My thoughts as well. The entire experience just feels dull to me. I thought I would be switching consoles when next gen hits because of GTA Online but it doesn't look like that'll be the case (granted, it is better than GTA IV multiplayer). Hopefully a next-gen or PC version will come out before the DLC does so I won't have to switch. I plan to get 100% though, the story mode is still superb.

Meh. Maybe I just need direction in a game but I find myself doing the same thing over and over again while annoyed by people randomly ramming me with their cars.

Still having problems with GTA V. Was playing online and went to join my buddies game and then I couldn't play online for a bit.

Looks like they are having MAJOR issues again today.  I was on my Level 47 character today, then I went back in it and It is a Level 1 LOL.  

Do not create a new character, they are still sitting in the Cloud and just cannot be retrieved.

Looks like they are having MAJOR issues again today.  I was on my Level 47 character today, then I went back in it and It is a Level 1 LOL.  

Do not create a new character, they are still sitting in the Cloud and just cannot be retrieved.

I made a new one in slot 2, do you think my original is gone?

I made a new one in slot 2, do you think my original is gone?

I honestly have no clue.  Some people get theirs back, others don't.  If your character is not there through character selection I really would avoid GTA Online completely until your character pops up again.

Can confirm the issues today. I was able to get on and play a few missions but as soon as I switched to a friend game I got kicked and my character got reset. I guess I will just wait it out and hope I don't lose all my progress again.

Can confirm the issues today. I was able to get on and play a few missions but as soon as I switched to a friend game I got kicked and my character got reset. I guess I will just wait it out and hope I don't lose all my progress again.

My friend had his character deleted so he made a new one and that got deleted. Unfortunately he's being stubborn and selling the game but I really cant blame him. This shit is unreal

GTA V online suuuuuucka so far. It's still fucked and the world feels pretty dead.

Crap afraid to get on again.  You think if Rockstar made a billion and then some on this game they could afford to pay some overtime to their tech guys to get this figured out.  Seriously almost a week and still messed up.  They're killing their own game but not getting it working.  Anyway, played the crap out of the titan mission last night at $10K a pop.

Just a mindless sandbox online as was mentioned. Had higher expectations. I just like waiting outside of stores when people are in them and killing them. Basically just trolling.

Was able to play a bunch without problems.  Was jumping in/out of friends games.  But my friend had his character deleted and was too impatient to wait so he made a new one.