CyReN

Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Holy fuck GTA V online sucks so far. I made a crew, but I'm not in it and I can't search for it cause it says it doesn't exist, but when I go make it again it says the name has already been taken. Plus I'm just sitting here waiting for a race when there's 6 people in here.

Yay for Rockstar sucking cock.  Bought a $400K house, jumped offline for a bit to make some breakfast jumped back online and now I don't own that house anymore.  That money is still gone but I don't own the house.  GG Rockstar.

Guys, clear your system cache I heard that works. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

Yeah fuck GTA online. I guess I'll just play infinite while this shit gets fixed.

I'm not sure if I got into a race. I left the room and when I got back I was able to walk around, but I couldn't do anything. Couldn't change the radio station, press start.

I don't think anyone in this thread has ever tried to play a major online game (not with matchmaking like Halo) on launch, ever.

WoW, SWTOR, Diablo 3...

These are all online games that literally shit themselves on day one.

If you think a major online title will ever have a bug free and flawless release, you're going to have a bad time.

I don't think anyone in this thread has ever tried to play a major online game (not with matchmaking like Halo) on launch, ever.

WoW, SWTOR, Diablo 3...

These are all online games that literally shit themselves on day one.

If you think a major online title will ever have a bug free and flawless release, you're going to have a bad time.

we're at the point where a studio that sets pre-order records long before the launch date should begin accommodating that demand early on, though i suppose they may not have had the capital yet. rockstar saying they're hurrying to buy a bunch of servers within only a few days of launch shows that they dropped the ball by engaging this issue so late. people pay a premium for these products and should not be accustomed to the launch date not being much a launch date at all. this isn't just a buggy release, it's an unplayable release for the vast majority of gamers. not to mention all the bugs plaguing those who have managed to get into a game. 

i've played plenty of games with bad launches and this is the worst i've experienced so far. we'll see how quickly they fix these issues and then pass further judgment from there.

I'm probably just gonna wait until they get the issues sorted out before I start online. I was watching a stream earlier where online was working and it looks pretty fun. They were trying to get jets from the military base to fly around.

Finally got into the race. Was in 1st the majority of the time. Somehow this guy flew past me in the very end, beat me by like 5 miliseconds. So bullshit.

Cleared my cache, so that may have worked, idk.

edit: completed the first mission and took that mother fucker out that beat me in the race. lololololol.

Clearing the cache worked for me.

And to Proximity, the single player is, by far, worth $60. GTA Online could probably stand alone as it's own game, if they really wanted it to. It's also day one... every major producer, like Blizzard, prepares for their launch based on pre-orders and they always fuck it up. That's just how these things go. Considering there wasn't a beta (that I'm aware of) it's probably difficult for them to accurately guess how much strain THAT many people will put on their servers.

All in all, after I got it working... I had no problems at all. Game ran smoothly - I just can't see to join any BE crew people. :(

But I've got a lot of shit to do, and League to play, so I don't know if I'll enjoy it much today.

Although I really dislike the idea of shouting into the mic to make robberies go faster... maybe it's just me, but I don't want to look/sound like a crazy person while playing a game just to optimize it.

And to Proximity, the single player is, by far, worth $60. GTA Online could probably stand alone as it's own game, if they really wanted it to. It's also day one... every major producer, like Blizzard, prepares for their launch based on pre-orders and they always fuck it up. That's just how these things go. Considering there wasn't a beta (that I'm aware of) it's probably difficult for them to accurately guess how much strain THAT many people will put on their servers.

All in all, after I got it working... I had no problems at all. Game ran smoothly - I just can't see to join any BE crew people. :(

But I've got a lot of shit to do, and League to play, so I don't know if I'll enjoy it much today.

Although I really dislike the idea of shouting into the mic to make robberies go faster... maybe it's just me, but I don't want to look/sound like a crazy person while playing a game just to optimize it.

Same here, if I'm going to use my mic at all I'd probably be in party chat anyways. By the time I'm done robbing a store there are like 2 cops outside. Seems like cops are much more ruthless in the online too. I dunno.

Also, annoying as fuck with people just going around gunning others down. Put myself in safe mode or whatever and some dude still killed me while I was in the store. Hopefully that was just a bug. Even then, I'll probably only play with a crew or run solo when I'm doing missions because of that shit since you can't do missions while in safe mode.

newer releases should learn from the issues that previous big time launches have experienced. it's also NOT day one. gta v came out two weeks ago and Online has been available to testers for at least two weeks. again, rockstar was aware of the high volume of copies they would sell. they failed to prepare accordingly. blizzard making a similar mistake doesn't make this any less of a mistake. i kind of can't believe that an unplayable (for most) launch is considered standard by some. i also don't buy that the single player is worth $60. personally, i wouldn't have bought the game for months were it not for the online component (meaning i would not have spent $60 for the single player as i do not deem it worth that much even after playing and loving it), so that's really not selling me on the idea that this is okay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Me and my friend were able to play and do some missions but then after a while he couldn't join me in missions but we could still free roam. We did a 14 man race and then a 4v4 last man standing which was fun. What wasn't fun was we were trying to repo this car and the guy got in the car and drove across the entire map of the game dodging cars like it was his job. It literally took 20 mins to finally get him to crash and kill him. For some reason I couldn't shoot while in the car which was the main reason why this took so long

What rank is everyone?  I'm at 11.5.  Missions give waaaaay more RP and money.  Did a bunch today but  later the mission would just fail as soon as it started so can't do any.  Ended up inviting a bunch of random people to my house and then driving some dude around so he could rob stores.  Called it a while ago that it would be a shitshow.  I hoped for the best but seeing how buggy single player was made it obvious online wouldn't be any better.  Still pissed I lost a $400k house.

newer releases should learn from the issues that previous big time launches have experienced. it's also NOT day one. gta v came out two weeks ago and Online has been available to testers for at least two weeks. again, rockstar was aware of the high volume of copies they would sell. they failed to prepare accordingly. blizzard making a similar mistake doesn't make this any less of a mistake. i kind of can't believe that an unplayable (for most) launch is considered standard by some. i also don't buy that the single player is worth $60. personally, i wouldn't have bought the game for months were it not for the online component (meaning i would not have spent $60 for the single player as i do not deem it worth that much even after playing and loving it), so that's really not selling me on the idea that this is okay. 

Reading this I don't think you understand how tedious and frustratingly hard a job like this could be. There are a LOT of people attempting to play this game today.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Reading this I don't think you understand how tedious and frustratingly hard a job like this could be. There are a LOT of people attempting to play this game today.

i get it and i'm sympathetic to it to an extent. i personally can handle the wait as i have other things to keep me busy, but i was really looking forward to at least being able to play today even if only basic features were operational. however, i absolutely understand the frustration that others are expressing and i don't think they are at all out of line for criticizing a studio's failure to deliver a working product on time. this sort of problem has sprung up often enough over the last few years that studios really shouldn't get much of a pass for it anymore. if angry consumers do not voice their dissatisfaction then we are going to continue to see apologists give studios a false sense of confidence in their inability to adequately prepare and test the online component of their games. a reasonable mistake is a mistake nonetheless.

No more singing in the shower :/

It was a bunch of fun running with some of the Beyond crew. Even the LSPD knew not to mess with us.

No more singing in the shower :/

It was a bunch of fun running with some of the Beyond crew. Even the LSPD knew not to mess with us.

Was good rolling with you rocker.  That one mission was a bitch.