CyReN

Grand Theft Auto V Thread

LOL. Dont hate the playa, hate the game.

Hate GTA5? You should be banned for that.

Literally 0% hate for gta. I havent found one thing to complain about so far. It's nice to play a game that the devs clearly put an insane amount of effort into. after the mess we've been stuck in with h4 being so subpar, this game is a perfect end to this generation of games.

Literally 0% hate for gta. I havent found one thing to complain about so far. It's nice to play a game that the devs clearly put an insane amount of effort into. after the mess we've been stuck in with h4 being so subpar, this game is a perfect end to this generation of games.

Don't forget Rockstar has been developing GTA V since 2008.  This game is from a team that took time, took experience and took knowledge and packed it into one great game.  And If I am correct Rockstar spent more money on development alone than Halo 4's budget on dev and marketing.

10 on IGN

9 on Gamespot

4.5/5 on Joystiq

Yes on Kotaku

99/100 on Meta Critic as of right now

The only review that matters

I've never watched his reviews before but that one was great. I'm glad it isn't disappointing so far. 

What is up with the disc 2 install thing on xbox?

you install with disc 1, then play on disc 2 i believe. Don't install the play disc

you install with disc 1, then play on disc 2 i believe. Don't install the play disc

So does this mean I don't have to do the 8 gb install thing?

I'm so confused.

*sweats nervously* 

Never mind, my common sense prevailed.

Damn, less than 12 hours...

So does this mean I don't have to do the 8 gb install thing?

I'm so confused.

*sweats nervously* 

The 8GB install is mandatory and is on the 2nd disc. As always, the 1st disc is optional to install so it runs off your hard drive and not the disc. Don't install the 1st disc. Unlike 95% of games, it's not the better option.

And the 8GB install could be disc 1 or 2, who knows. Just don't install the other disc (the one you'll be using to play the game regularly).

Damn, less than 12 hours...

The 8GB install is mandatory. That is on the 2nd disc. As always, the 1st disc is optional to install so it runs off your hard drive and not the disc. Don't install the 1st disc. Unlike 95% of games, it's not the better option.

And the 8GB install could be disc 1 or 2, who knows. Just don't install the other disc (the one you'll be using to play the game regularly).

Haha 3 minutes for everybody in India. Too bad I can't attend the midnight launch.

That Adam Sessler review got me excited, for the most part I always like what i hear from that guy. It's a shame that X-Play as well as G4 went under it was definitely one of the highlights of my TV days lol. 

Hopefully getting this game tonight though, too excited! =]

I was gonna pre Order it, but it didn't happen this weekend so I'm just gonna pick it up tomorrow. Fuggit. I don't need to play this right at midnight

It'd be different if there was online right away cause then you want to beat the game as fast as possible so you can jump online with your friends, but I got 2 weeks to play it so.

Well I can't even play this if it requires a mandatory install.

No space on my hard drive. :(

How big is your HDD?

Well I can't even play this if it requires a mandatory install.

No space on my hard drive. :(

You can use a flashdrive for more space, just plug it in and configure it on the xbox.

20 GB and I only have 4 or 5 GB left.

I configured a flash drive in seriously 2 minutes. Really simple. Plug it in, click on the device under storage, and click configure now. Really easy.

Just for clarification, which disc is the "play" one, and which one is the 8 gb install?

Just for clarification, which disc is the "play" one, and which one is the 8 gb install?

Disc 1 is the install 8gb one and Disc 2 is the play disc that should NOT be installed due to performance/rendering issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Disc 1 is the install 8gb one and Disc 2 is the play disc that should NOT be installed due to performance/rendering issues.

Thanks!