CyReN

Grand Theft Auto V Thread

QRXb3ge.jpg?1

BEYOND ENTERTAINMENT CREW FOR GTA ONLINE

The narrative of the game follows three characters with interconnected stories. Michael is a retired former bank robber in his early forties who lives with his dysfunctional family on the proceeds of his former life in the upper-class suburb of Rockford Hills, based on Beverly Hills. Trevor, his former partner in crime, lives alone in a trailer in the desert of Blaine County, where his reckless and psychopathic behaviours are fuelled by drug addiction. Franklin makes a living in Vespucci Beach—based on Venice Beach—as a repo man for an unscrupulous Armenian car dealership. The three acquaintances are drawn into Los Santos' criminal underworld "in the pursuit of the almighty American dollar". According to Dan Houser, each of the protagonists is unlike any primary character that has appeared in a Grand Theft Auto[/i] title to date: Michael represents a protagonist who "won" and is now trying to adjust to life after his story has come to an end; Trevor is styled after a supporting character who has been re-cast in the role of protagonist; and Franklin is someone who has had no real exposure to a life of crime until the events of the game, and his attempts to avoid such a life end up thrusting him into the middle of it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The best trailer of the year so far, yet wasn't at E3.

i would pay double to play now ><

The best trailer of the year so far, yet wasn't at E3.

i would pay double to play now ><

Sadly, I would pay much more than that to play right now.

I'm wondering.. In all the other GTA's if you want to listen to tunes you have to be in a vehicle, so i was thinking maybe in GTA V you can get an iPod(well a rip off of one) in this game and listen to music on that. You would use the music in the game and make a custom play list or you could use the music from your console and put it on there. I'm a more a fan of the radio though cause it there's variety, i don't necessarily get to pick what i'm listening to. Also the commercials are entertaining to listen to. I just think it'd be a cool idea so when you're out on the street you're still able to listen to tunes if you want.

This game looks fucking awesome, good to see it go back to its 'old' roots

How is it going back to it's "old" roots? I never knew they left "their roots".

I'm wondering.. In all the other GTA's if you want to listen to tunes you have to be in a vehicle, so i was thinking maybe in GTA V you can get an iPod(well a rip off of one) in this game and listen to music on that. You would use the music in the game and make a custom play list or you could use the music from your console and put it on there. I'm a more a fan of the radio though cause it there's variety, i don't necessarily get to pick what i'm listening to. Also the commercials are entertaining to listen to. I just think it'd be a cool idea so when you're out on the street you're still able to listen to tunes if you want.

How is it going back to it's "old" roots? I never knew they left "their roots".

They removed a lot of pretty cool features moving from San Andreas to GTA IV, that's what I think he's talking about.

They removed a lot of pretty cool features moving from San Andreas to GTA IV, that's what I think he's talking about.

Yeah they did, it was a disappointment. But you could make the argument that GTA IV went back to it's old roots since it went back to Liberty City and felt more like GTA 3 and Vice City. San Andreas was very different from those 2 games. I was expecting them to take what they had did with Andreas and put them in IV.

I'm not sure if you they could've done this, but i think it would've been cool, since it was just one city if you could go to the airport and fly to Vice City. I really want another GTA with Vice City, but looks like that's not going to happen.

Heads up Gamestop has their trade in deal and get 50% more thing going on now for GTA5.

I'm honestly so excited for this game. It's the last game I'm buying on the Xbox 360 and a ton of my friends are getting it too.

I could see myself playing this until the I get the Xbox One.

Watch the new Official Gameplay Video for Grand Theft Auto Online - which shows how we've taken the fundamental GTA concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and made them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, you'll have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

www.rockstargames.com/gtaonline

The shooting mechanics and driving mechanics look so much better. Just way more responsive and intuitive. We will see if that translates. 

Looks sick! I wonder why online play isn't available day 1 though...

Yeah, very curious about this. 

EDIT: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/424264/gta-online-first-look-rockstars-persistent-online-world-is-its-most-ambitious-project-in-years/

Just read that, they're waiting two weeks to give people a chance to adjust to the new mechanics so they aren't overwhelmed. I don't really want to wait two weeks to play with friends in this game.