CyReN

Film Discussion

If any of you guys are interested in war movies, I highly recommend watching Beneath Hill 60. Based on a true story. 

just finished Ocean's Twelve. Meh. Honestly, I find Soderbergh immensely overrated, but I can at least commend him on his routinely impressive image design. 

How dare you (jk)! I think Soderbergh is one of the most important voices in the film industry right now (his SFIFF state-of-cinema speech from last year is amazing and inspiring) and I love the chameleon-like nature of his works when he dips into different genres. He makes well-oiled machines, although that can be seen as a detriment since he has been noted as a "cold" filmmaker several times throughout his career. He's basically my favorite filmmaker and I hope his "retirement" is short-lived.

Oh yeah, go to Nerdmelt in LA if you want to get your geek game up. A lot of comedians and actors (Jon Hamm, Tom Hanks, Rainn Wilson, etc) go there and that's where Chris Hardwick and his Nerdist Industries produce their podcasts.

Anyways, this scene always makes me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09QhrUbjuc

Filth was weird and fucked up, James McAvoy was fantastic, nice change of pace from what I have been watching recently, British grime. It has made my recent urge to rewatch Naked a definite. 

Watched Barry Lyndon too, it was good but wasnt really my thing today.

Filth was weird and fucked up, James McAvoy was fantastic, nice change of pace from what I have been watching recently, British grime. It has made my recent urge to rewatch Naked a definite. 

Just watched that the other day and was going to ask you, kwozy, etc on your thoughts on it. I love dark comedy. I thought the soundtrack was pretty great too and it's probably the best McAvoy since Atonement.

Oceans Twelve sucks

You live in a factory of sadness!

Oceans 12 was def the worst ofthe 3, almost un-watchable bruh

• Upvote (+1) 1

ok, so cool cinematography + catherine zeta jones and that scene reason posted are the only things i really enjoyed in it

oh and damon's acting

• Upvote (+1) 2

Give Leo that Oscar already. I hope he wins over McConaughey since Ejiofor doesn't look like he's the favorite.

Oh Scalzo you blowhard!

I thought all the oceans movies were good for what they were, first one being the best obviously

I am so sick of that guy

Parks and Recreation fell off

How fucking dare you.

Quality definitely has dipped though; haven't watched much of s6, but the season premiere was enjoyable.