CyReN

Film Discussion

Nicolas Cage is playing Osama Bin Laden. Let's go home folks!

@@Proximity did u see how the car chase scene was filmed? Insane.....

I did. I believe the film deserves an Oscar nomination for its camera work. Probably even a win. Furthermore, The Raid 2 illustrates the necessity for a "Best Stunt Work" category with the Academy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of movies are good.

Boyhood being one of them.

A lot of movies also are not good. The vast majority of them, in fact.

It's a pioneering film, I don't think anything like Boyhood has been done before, and it's really good. It provides such a unique cinematic experience for the viewer, watching the characters literally grow throughout the movie is extremely rewarding and satisfying as a viewer. You're crazy

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a pioneering film, I don't think anything like Boyhood has been done before, and it's really good. It provides such a unique cinematic experience for the viewer, watching the characters literally grow throughout the movie is extremely rewarding and satisfying as a viewer. You're crazy

Like I said, I didn't say it wasn't good, but the hype wasn't there for me. And I also thought the expression is the family growing up wasn't done well, specifically with one scene ending in a certain time of their lives and the next scene it's an odd number of years later.

I'm sure I'm completely alone in this one, but whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's meant to be that way, totally experiential. If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you. You as the viewer are tasked with putting a bead on the timeframe based on the music (both diegetic and non-diegetic), sociocultural cues (George Bush rants), and more. I for one appreciated that it cut across time without offering up some "One year later..." title card every single time we move forward.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's meant to be that way, totally experiential. If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you. You as the viewer are tasked with putting a bead on the timeframe based on the music (both diegetic and non-diegetic), sociocultural cues (George Bush rants), and more. I for one appreciated that it cut across time without offering up some "One year later..." title card every single time we move forward.

Maybe I'll rewatch if I feel like sitting for 3 hours. I did like the music selection though, found myself getting nostolgic since I don't go out of my way to listen to those songs.

I feel like I enjoy movies far more when I have little to no excitement to see it. As soon as movies start to get hype and I start to automatically assume I'm going to enjoy it, I'm usually moot about it or I don't really enjoy it.

Grand Budapest and John Wick are great examples, I thought both were going to suck and I ended up enjoying them more than I thought I would.

Love transcends time and space :3

lol yeah that part was super cheesey. But I thought the cinematography was outstanding and Mcconaughey's acting was phenomenal. Also I love astrophysics so I guess I'm a bit bias. 

Conceptually, yes it's a masterpiece and a hell of a watch. It will always be regarded in that way. 

Breaking it down on a second and third watch it is definitely a flawed movie. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully it was better than Her

Guys what if siri and joaquin phoenix dated then we made a movie about it?? Brilliant!!!!!!

Why would you use the word film instead of movie? Are you from europe or are you just a stupid bitch

Do u have plans to go to the cinema this weekend??

Why would you use the word film instead of movie? Are you from europe or are you just a stupid bitch

I'm guilty of all of this :(

Except being from Europe

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's like people who say gig instead of show.

Are you we in the 70's still?

Its not unheard of for people to say movie instead of film here (although never "movies" instead of cinema). Its just that "film" would definitely be the usual way of saying it 95% of the time

Also just finished Grand Budapest Hotel a few minutes ago and really enjoyed it. I've always liked Wes Anderson's optimistic view on things, especially regarding death and/or sentimentality (mainly in The Royal Tenenbaums and TGBH). It gives me good feelings in ma brain

I mean come on, how nice is that scene

• Upvote (+1) 2