Hellraiser: Bloodline [Kevin Yagher] (1996) - 01/100

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth [Anthony Hickox] (1992) - 01/100

Inherent Vice [Paul Thomas Anderson] (2014) - 88/100

Hellbound: Hellraiser II [Tony Randel] (1988) - 25/100

Hellraiser [Clive Barker] (1987) - 58/100

The Weather Man [Gore Verbinski] (2005) - 50/100

Do you enjoy torturing yourself?

That Inherent Vice rating is exciting though

I don't know if anyone posted this, but Grand Budapest Hotel is fantastic and it's on HBO right now.

I bought it for $6. Hope its worth it.

Saw The Imitation Game earlier today; great movie. Benedict Cumberbatch was excellent, really the only one who stood out to me. I wish they would have gone into more detail of how both machines worked, the computer nerd in me is wanting more. It was also cool seeing a different side of a war film, too often is a war portrayed as an arm wrestling match.

8/10 would recommend.

Now I just need to see Boy Hood and Whiplash.

The Mist 78/100

I've read arguments from both people who love and absolutely hate the ending of the mist.

Personally I love it, I wasn't overly enamoured by the entire movie but I will sit my ass down and watch it just for the ending. It pops up on TV a fair bit and even if there's only like 10 minutes left I will still watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@overuled I'm a HUGE fan of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, plus I pretty much love Thomas Jane in everything he does. (Yes, I liked him as the Punisher; fuck you guys) So naturally I had to watch this!

Having seen pretty much every single Stephen King adapted movie/mini-series I am very accustomed to the non traditional happy endings. He always has a positive and negative to his stories. When I was a kid I used to hate a movie if it didn't have a pleasant ending but growing up and realizing the world isn't all peaches and cream, I actually enjoy more realistic endings now. This one seemed to be exactly that. If you were in that situation, in that fantasy world, would you want your child to go through the pain of being eaten alive by a spider or have its eggs pop out of your chest? The movie did everything right in my opinion. But then again, I'm very biased. Frank Darabont is a genius and I can't get enough of his stuff. (only thing I haven't' seen is The Majestic) I loved how he brough 3 actors from this film into The Walking Dead. Oh the irony when Melissa McBrides character who was begging for someone to save her son; was driving past Thomas Janes character on his knees at the end..... 

Melissa McBrides character was flippant and emotional and made the worst decisions given the situation but she gets away and saves her family, Tom Jane was rational and calculative and by all means he acted so smart in the hopes of saving his life and his sons and not only did it not work, it caused him to have to do something incredibly horrific.

I love that a character can do everything right and have it go so horribly wrong, it is more interesting to me than a happy ending.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've read arguments from both people who love and absolutely hate the ending of the mist.

Personally I love it, I wasn't overly enamoured by the entire movie but I will sit my ass down and watch it just for the ending. It pops up on TV a fair bit and even if there's only like 10 minutes left I will still watch it.

I saw it in theaters, all I could do was laugh. Sooooo good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Melissa McBrides character was flippant and emotional and made the worst decisions given the situation but she gets away and saves her family, Tom Jane was rational and calculative and by all means he acted so smart in the hopes of saving his life and his sons and not only did it not work, it caused him to have to do something incredibly horrific.

I love that a character can do everything right and have it go so horribly wrong, it is more interesting to me than a happy ending.

Yeah, thats always a nice change. He was seriously clutching it too...oh well.

@@CyReN You're laughing at the naysayers or the movie?

Nah, that titles already been taken by Drive Angrier: The Third Troll. Can't wait for it seeing how the first one got a perfect rating by so many critics.

• Downvote (-1) 1