CyReN

Film Discussion

howd you guys feel about the erratic camerawork at the end of whiplash? I get why they did it but I wasnt a fan. scene had me sweatin tho

Good film, gonna watch that directors first soon

howd you guys feel about the erratic camerawork at the end of whiplash? I get why they did it but I wasnt a fan. scene had me sweatin tho

Good film, gonna watch that directors first soon

I loved it. It had been used to a lesser extent in some of the earlier rehearsal scenes with all the quick cuts of close-ups to instruments. Then with the intensity of the final scene the camera went appropriately crazy imo

The whole final scene was just incredible. One of the best I've seen in ages

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think obvious camerawork just tends take me out of a scene, not a slight just not my cup of tea. In fairness tho I think it would have worked way better in the cinema. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I once said that long takes (like really really long) take me out of a scene because I just become so aware of what the camera is doing. Ender gave out to me :(

and oh yea it was def a film to see in the cinema

I wish I had gone to see it. It was playing 2 hours away and it was free online. I couldn't resist. I'll be renting it from Red Box when its available though. Bet your ass. I've already watched it twice on shitty quality, I need to see it crisp.

I know the Oscars are all politics but I REALLY want that film to take it. Either that or Birdman. I do NOT want to see American Sniper take the W.

In fact, I'll be happy to see ANY movie win but that one. They all deserve it.

I'm still trying to catch up on movies from 2014. I'm going to the movies tomorrow, should I see Birdman or The Imitation Game?

@@Th3CodeMan I don't know your tastes but Birdman is very artsy and unique. You can't go wrong with either though, both very good.

@@kwozy moto its funny you mention that because I saw the original Hunchback of Notre Dame a few months back and it was in horrible quality but being my first experience with it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Pushing 30, I still remember my 10" TV with the VCR days, lol. we would tape everything that came on cable and I would watch it over and over again. (we'd pause the Recording during the commercials so it was like a homemade Hopper/Joey)

Do yourself a favor and go see American Sniper. Probably my favorite movie in a long time. Bradley Cooper does an amazing job at playing Chris Kyle, it's like looking at a ghost. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My friends all want to see American Sniper. The trailers kind of struck me as being The Hurt Locker Lite.  It looks like it has a similar subject matter and similar themes, but doesn't quite come together the way The Hurt Locker did. I could be wrong. I'm seeing that this weekend as well.

My friends all want to see American Sniper. The trailers kind of struck me as being The Hurt Locker Lite.  It looks like it has a similar subject matter and similar themes, but doesn't quite come together the way The Hurt Locker did. I could be wrong. I'm seeing that this weekend as well.

It's an good movie, just not Oscar good.

It seems like your expectations for AS didn't match up with what you saw... Movies like that shouldn't have so much hype surrounding the trailers.

Birdman was decent, Norton saved it.

Yeah it was cool, thought Keaton was outshined by ALL the co-stars; it should've ended a scene earlier.

Yeah it was cool, thought Keaton was outshined by ALL the co-stars; it should've ended a scene earlier.

Yea, I would have been happy with that ending if it was real. Just proves the guys a bigger screw up lo.

Also the Birdman voice/suit was awesome and hysterical, needed wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more.

------

Now on to Inherent Vice and The Imitation Game.

Norton saved it.

Norton is pretty good in most movies he is in. Watched American History X about a month ago and damn he can portray a character. 

Yea, I would have been happy with that ending if it was real. Just proves the guys a bigger screw up lo.

Also the Birdman voice/suit was awesome and hysterical, needed wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more.

------

Now on to Inherent Vice and The Imitation Game.

I couldn't disagree with you more here. The voice actor and the writer(s) did not bring good work to the character. I found myself cringing/groaning just about every time that came up. The concept is funny and obviously pretty poignant but the execution left a lot of humor on the table.

to be clear i do like the movie

Norton is pretty good in most movies he is in. Watched American History X about a month ago and damn he can portray a character. 

Between Rounders, American History X, and then Fight Club... I can never decide which one I like the best. He is SO great. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Between Rounders, American History X, and then Fight Club... I can never decide which one I like the best. He is SO great. 

Don't forget the underrated The Illusionist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally after a year of waiting I got to see The Babadook. What a extremely disappointing movie. Guess another great movie trailer got me sucked into a horrible fucking movie.

Hellraiser: Hellworld [Rick Bota] (2005) - 01/100

Hellraiser: Inferno [scott Derrickson] (2000) - 30/100

Hellraiser: Deader [Rick Bota] (2005) - 05/100

Hellraiser: Hellseeker [Rick Bota] (2002) - 01/100

Hellraiser: Bloodline [Kevin Yagher] (1996) - 01/100

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth [Anthony Hickox] (1992) - 01/100

Inherent Vice [Paul Thomas Anderson] (2014) - 88/100

Hellbound: Hellraiser II [Tony Randel] (1988) - 25/100

Hellraiser [Clive Barker] (1987) - 58/100

The Weather Man [Gore Verbinski] (2005) - 50/100

• Upvote (+1) 1