CyReN

Film Discussion

Take 2 wasn't  that bad, but 20 million. Come on..

Seeing Monsters University tonight!

Take 2 wasn't  that bad, but 20 million. Come on..

Seeing Monsters University tonight!

No it wasn't bad, it's just in my quote I stated, it lacked a lot of what made the first one feel so real. The first wasn't just an action flick, it delivered on drama and suspense. Where the second one I feel failed to evoke the same emotional response, it was just Liam Neeson mindlessly running around being Liam Neeson haha.

No it wasn't bad, it's just in my quote I stated, it lacked a lot of what made the first one feel so real. The first wasn't just an action flick, it delivered on drama and suspense. Where the second one I feel failed to evoke the same emotional response, it was just Liam Neeson mindlessly running around being Liam Neeson haha.

Come on was towards Liam request lol.

The problem with a second or third Taken movie is knowing the outcome. 

It ruins all the suspense and that is all a movie like that rides on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with a second or third Taken movie is knowing the outcome. 

It ruins all the suspense and that is all a movie like that rides on. 

it might be a good movie if he will die saving someone.

Seeing: This is the End tomorrow with my girlfriend and a few other friends.

Is it really worth watching? 

It looks pretty funny and awesome, and some talk here makes me want to watch it more...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just saw "This Is The End" and it was excellent.

Funny and Thrilling. I give it a rating 10/10.

I highly recommend it!

Also saw a trailer for Kickass 2, which looks pretty good!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is now on Instant Queue. Not sure how long it's been on...

4.5/5(Rating from Netflix users, 1hr, 21 mins, 1999

"The potty-mouthed kids of "South Park" move to the big screen, with a plot involving corruption of the American youth by their Canadian neighbors."

I'll give my rating after it's done.

but seriously 10/10????? :wacko:  :blink:  :blush:

This is the End is a perfect movie? I must see 

Just watched World War Z and I'd have to say that it is an ok movie.. but only if you've never read the book. The only thing it has in common with the book besides a few references to key events from the book is it's title, besides that it is a total re-imagining.

If you haven't read the book, I'd strongly recommend reading it after seeing the film because if you read it before hand it will only leave you disappointed.

Pretty excited/scared for this, I loved the original and I think Josh Brolin is a fantastic choice I'm just concern with which Spike Lee we'll get. However this initial trailer looks promising. I could never have imagined Spielberg and Will Smith (whom were originally linked) being able to do what was necessary (aka be fucked up enough) to pull this movie off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty excited/scared for this, I loved the original and I think Josh Brolin is a fantastic choice I'm just concern with which Spike Lee we'll get. However this initial trailer looks promising. I could never have imagined Spielberg and Will Smith (whom were originally linked) being able to do what was necessary (aka be fucked up enough) to pull this movie off.

I'm on the same page as you. Huge fan of the original and I know this version of it will be a little different which is fine as long as they keep the same dark tone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just watched World War Z and I'd have to say that it is an ok movie.. but only if you've never read the book. The only thing it has in common with the book besides a few references to key events from the book is it's title, besides that it is a total re-imagining.

If you haven't read the book, I'd strongly recommend reading it after seeing the film because if you read it before hand it will only leave you disappointed.

I was so excited for this movie, but it didn't really live up to the book. Bradd Pitt's character wasn't even in the original book to my knowledge.

Still, it was an okay movie. I would have liked the original 3 stories to all be told. But hey, you can't always get what you want

:(

Saw 'Now You See Me' at the weekend - should have gone to see something else. Extremely linear, predictable and the 'magic' concepts were a huge letdown.

I was so excited for this movie, but it didn't really live up to the book. Bradd Pitt's character wasn't even in the original book to my knowledge.

Still, it was an okay movie. I would have liked the original 3 stories to all be told. But hey, you can't always get what you want

Brad Pitt's character from the movie was loosely based off "The interviewer" or the narrator I guess you could say. Besides both characters working for the UN, that's pretty much where the similarities end, sadly.

World War Z would have been much better if it were made into a Miniseries for Tv. Each chapter, or interview, could have been it's own part and would have done the book more justice.

I'd recommend picking up the audio book, it's amazing. They have a ton of people playing different characters. Actors such as Kal Penn, Simon Pegg, Nathan Fillion, Alfred Molina, Alan Alda, Mark Hamill and Henry Rollins. Max Brooks, the author plays the role of the UN interviewer. Hell they even got Martin Scorsese to lend his voice to a role.

i guess i have to post here now, god help me.

I know, so horrible how we made a place for you to post.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Recent viewings:

World War Z - 6/10
Despicable Me 2 - 8/10
Monsters University - 8.5/10

Hearing good things about Pacific Rim, going to try and see that this weekend or next week.

Recent movie ratings

Iron Man 3 - 7/10

GI Joe - 5/10

Pain and Gain - 6/10

Stark Trek - 8/10

Man of Steel - 7.5/10

This is the End - 8/10

Fast Six - 7.5/10

Last movie i watched was Goon. I've seen this movie like 10 times already, so funny, never get tired of it.

This scene will always be epic.

Oh yeah, this is the last fight/ending of the movie, so kind of a spoiler. If you don't plan on watching it, enjoy the epic scene anyways.

The video is shit quality, but oh well it was the best video i could find.

I think it's pretty cool that this movie was made in my city/province. Not only do i enjoy the fuck out of this movie, but it was made where i live.