CyReN

Film Discussion

lol who told you This is the End was "fantastic"? Nothing ive read so far has said that, interesting

IDK which superman's you watched but Superman I and II are classics, check them out. 

I did enjoy Warrior, sports movies usually arent the greatest and fall victim to the same plot holes and cliches but the strong performances of Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte made up for the lackluster story writing 

IMDB:8/10 

nuff said.

• Downvote (-1) 1

IMDB:8/10 

nuff said.

ummmmmm what?

Im not sure what movie you are referring to since you never clarified but scores really dont mean much untill a few months after a movie has been in theaters

Not to mention that IMBD scores are completely irrelevant, but nice try 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is the End got an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes as well.

Saw it last night and thought it was great. I def agree with the 8/10 score it has mostly got

The only thing of note pre-Breaking Bad is a very minor role in Mission: Impossible 3. LOL

Nah, I was saying before the rest of the final season starts. The Last House on The Left, Smashed, etc.

I really like Man of Steel a lot, critics got this one wrong. I can see the flaws but it's a lot better than Iron Man 3.

Up next is to is see This Is the End.

I really like Man of Steel a lot, critics got this one wrong. I can see the flaws but it's a lot better than Iron Man 3.

Up next is to is see This Is the End.

I agree. The biggest thing I've read from most critics is that the movie fails to make you feel for Clark, to understand his struggle. I couldn't disagree more. I think anyone that has ever felt like an outsider can identify with this.

I agree. The biggest thing I've read from most critics is that the movie fails to make you feel for Clark, to understand his struggle. I couldn't disagree more. I think anyone that has ever felt like an outsider can identify with this.

The biggest problem for me, and I haven seen it, is Zac Snyders awful style of filmmaking 

Visually the colors were muted with minimal lighting, not a fan of that dark storm like feeling it created 

The biggest problem for me, and I haven seen it, is Zac Snyders awful style of filmmaking 

Visually the colors were muted with minimal lighting, not a fan of that dark storm like feeling it created 

It seems like Snyder took that need to make it feel "darker/grittier" to a literal level with the way it film was shot, however I haven't seen it yet but I do agree with you, I've never been a huge fan of his. I'd rather him portray the dark/gritty in the story.

I saw This is the End over the weekend, extremely funny/ridiculous in a good way, was nice to just turn my brain off and watch the film.

Never really was a Superman fan, always preferred Marvel super heroes over DC, but Man of Steel was quite epic. Definitely think the critics were too hard on it, but I suppose if you know a ton of the story it does make a difference.

Never really was a Superman fan, always preferred Marvel super heroes over DC, but Man of Steel was quite epic. Definitely think the critics were too hard on it, but I suppose if you know a ton of the story it does make a difference.

Which I think it's the wrong way to judge a movie, I'm a huge comic fan, I know a lot of the origin stories, arcs, etc. And at first it was very difficult for me to enjoy comic movies until I started treating them as their own story arcs/universes, much like different authors do with characters in the comic universes.

This is the End. 10/10 

I've never smiled through an entire movie before in my life.

Would see again :D

this_is_the-end.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally like the muted colors of Zac Snyder's style used for Superman.  I thought it made the story seem a little darker than the previous movies made for the Superman comics.

I've never really be fond of Superman, but again, I think they did a lovely way of telling the story and who he really is.  My only complaint would have been that I felt the fight scenes were a little long.  I felt like I just kept waiting to see the outcome instead of watching the chick be indestructible to every human soldier..

All in all, I'd give it an 8/10.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which I think it's the wrong way to judge a movie, I'm a huge comic fan, I know a lot of the origin stories, arcs, etc. And at first it was very difficult for me to enjoy comic movies until I started treating them as their own story arcs/universes, much like different authors do with characters in the comic universes.

This is so true.  You have to realize that directors change things for their own reasons.  It sucks that sometimes they have to "dumb it down" for the general public, or make it seem more like a family movie, but it's still cool to see your favorite superheroes on the big screen.  Still waiting for the Deadpool movie.. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is so true.  You have to realize that directors change things for their own reasons.  It sucks that sometimes they have to "dumb it down" for the general public, or make it seem more like a family movie, but it's still cool to see your favorite superheroes on the big screen.  Still waiting for the Deadpool movie.. 

I want to see them tackle a proper Deadpool movie and if someone had the guts to do it an Old Man Logan movie, at the very least an animated adaptation please!

So excited for this movie, I loved the first one and it looks like they're making a sequel that might be good for a change.

And you can't go wrong with Journey in a movie trailer.

movie trailers tell us so much about a film and are generally a great way to judge one, generally speaking

movie trailers tell us so much about a film and are generally a great way to judge one, generally speaking

Most of the time, really hate some that give away huge plot points or spell it out. I hated that I watched the second half of this trailer

Liam Neeson reportedly getting paid $20 Million to do Taken 3. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/liam-neeson-nets-a-20-million-payday-for-his-particular-set-of-skills-in-taken-3

This is what I wrote somewhere else in regards to this.

They need to somehow return to what made the first one so "real." You had all these elements of reality working together to make it feel like so much more than just Liam Neeson going around and whooping ass, which was basically what the sequel was. In the first you had the element of time, he was in a race against the clock, and much like the first Hostel you had this thought along the lines of, "Holy shit, this can really happen to these girls." And here you are in the movie a man so calculated, alway with a plan hung up by a pipe ready to be killed, you're gripping the edge of your seat and he has to rely on for the first time sheer dumb luck to keep moving forward.

However, the possibility for evoking that type of emotion and suspension again is going to be very difficult to replicate because who can he really get kidnapped this time? And if the story goes someone comes to him and contracts him to find his wife, kids, etc. It just won't work the same way because you don't have a connection to these people, you have a connection to the character of Bryan Mills, so you will not achieve the same amount of emotion from Liam Neeson/Bryan Mills as you would if the characters were his own kin that went missing. Adding on, additionally they better not take the route of, "You've seen him kick ass through two movies, watch him fail." That will just sincerely piss off me and a lot of people.