CyReN

Film Discussion

7 hours ago, Cypress said:

Speaking of Gyllenhall movies...

The kid in Wildlife was fkn fantastic.  Anyone else see the movie?

yeah, pretty good performance for sure and nice directorial debut from Paul Dano. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never truly was a Superman fan, constantly favored Marvel superheroes over DC, yet Man of Steel was very epic. Certainly think (I download showbox for ios app here at showboxapk.biz)the commentators were excessively hard on it, however, I assume in the event that you know a huge amount of the story it makes a distinction.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Polar was...   fkn awesome.  

Very unexpected because the movie was very different than what the trailer hinted at.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, Tubmas said:

Got my money on Roma winning Best Picture

Boy do you look foolish

i had it winning best foreign language 100% - that movie was so good. nothing topped the enjoyment i received from  green book though (except spider-man)

I enjoyed Green Book but I'm shocked that it managed to pull away with the win. I know that the way the voting works the middle of the road movie ends up getting an advantage if votes get split across different movies (like was likely this year), but I still woulda hoped/assumed that it would've been at the bottom of ballots. I enjoyed the movie and don't care at all about "white savior" politics or historical inaccuracy (it's fictional, I don't care if that's not what it was like in real life), but I just don't think it did anything special to warrant a win.

IMO Roma and The Favourite were the only two nominees that would stand the test of time and be taught in film schools years from now. I could see voters not voting for a Netflix movie (especially since they might think that it's already winning Foreign Language Film and doesn't need Best Pic) and them finding Favourite  weird, but I woulda thunk that that would open the door more for BlacKkKlansman, A Star is Born, or even Black Panther.

Well, at least First Man didn't get shut out. Sad to see Beale Street not able to take the Score award they were frontrunners for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i agree the favourite was probably most deserving. however, 2001 & citizen kane would've won bp if that's how the academy judged

2019 will have lots of good films and i cannot wait to watch them all. download an app in apknite and watch back some highlights of the office US. what a classic series. 

Love, Death, Robots on Netflix is amazing.  Do yourself a favor and watch it.   

• Fire (+1) 1

On 2/26/2019 at 1:58 AM, Mr Grim said:

Boy do you look foolish

Oh boy i sure do. Must've been the only who didnt think Green book was gonna win. 

On 3/16/2019 at 11:33 PM, Cypress said:

Love, Death, Robots on Netflix is amazing.  Do yourself a favor and watch it.   

so. good

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, Tubmas said:

Oh boy i sure do. Must've been the only who didnt think Green book was gonna win. 

I'm pretty sure most people didn't have Green Book winning due to it not being considered as good a movie as some of the other nominees (and the fact that most people don't follow the rumor mill surrounding voters and studio campaigning).

On 3/26/2019 at 11:26 PM, Noodle said:

I'm pretty sure most people didn't have Green Book winning due to it not being considered as good a movie as some of the other nominees (and the fact that most people don't follow the rumor mill surrounding voters and studio campaigning).

yeah I know. No one in their right mind thought it would win because its really not that good of a movie. Not bad but mediocre and nothing really special.

I was being sarcastic towards mr grim because he proposed I looked stupid for thinking Roma was going to beat out Green Book.

Legit got goose bumps watching that :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Highwaymen 2019. Brilliant film with a cast that includes some of the best actors. Much enjoyed the look into the past ... the cars, the clothes, the music, the ways of life. Recomend!
plot: A pair of Texas Rangers come out of retirement to catch the infamous outlaws Bonnie and Clyde.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242
https://www3.two-movies.name/watch_movie/The_Highwaymen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH6vC-BBKOc