CyReN

Film Discussion

Holy shit bumblebee looks like it'll be really good.

Someone page @@TheIcePrincess I just praised a transformers movie for once.

Looks fine. Booblebee's design looks funny over anything. I'm just hoping they get Welker for Soundwave, reuse Sobolov for Shockwave, and have Cullen voicing Prime instead of that trashy knock off dude in the trailers.

Looks fine. Booblebee's design looks funny over anything. I'm just hoping they get Welker for Soundwave, reuse Sobolov for Shockwave, and have Cullen voicing Prime instead of that trashy knock off dude in the trailers.

I honestly love the designs. Optimus looks like Optimus. Star scream looks like star scream and not a demented bird thing. BB's more innocent look coupled with his personality (from what I've seen) reminds me of the iron giant.

2015-volkswagen-beetle-in-movies-1.jpg

bumblebee-hailee-steinfeld-slice-600x200

looks like an accurate adaptation to me

Not even close, lol. The front end becomes the chest, unlike G1's hoodshoes and the top of the car now forms the arms and leg's mass. It's only accurate in terms of vehicle mode. And that's not hard to accomplish. Robot mode's an entirely different beast. To the point where they didn't even need the bug to make the robot. Which I argue was a dumb move given how bad the beetle looks, lol. It was never a good alt mode, and was never a good looking vehicle alone, I don't get the fixation on it.

I honestly love the designs. Optimus looks like Optimus. Star scream looks like star scream and not a demented bird thing. BB's more innocent look coupled with his personality (from what I've seen) reminds me of the iron giant.

See, but the thing is, past incarnations also looked like Optimus and had his likeness. They kept his headfins and general color and aesthetic, while changing the style up a bit. So, he wasn't completely derivative of past designs, but looked like him and evoked his role as the leader, while fitting in the universe. Make him tall, brawny, and very "regal" in a sense. Which I think matters to him only because of how legitimately iconic the character is. I'm fine with them taking liberties for the rest of the cast, especially when the franchise has been about that specifically. So, Starscreams' cool ass digitigrade stance and broad body shape rock, to me, even if it looks nothing LIKE him in G1. Because it just looks so dementedly striking. I get you're not super arguing it or anything, but it's like, Starscream's looked so different across 16 different continuities, with Prime giving him stilettos and changing his overall body mass extensively, for example. So, to me, 2007-2011's Screamer is nothing new, and the point of "it looks like X" kinda falters when so many characters have undergone changes over time. 

I'm not anticipating much for Bumblebee judging by the key creatives.

Director made Kubo and as much I liked the style and enjoyed it, I'm mostly just a sucker for stop motion anything. Writer is a whole different story. I struggled to make it through the absolute trash that was "Shut In"

I don't really follow Transformers but surely there are interesting stories from their home planet that could be made into a movie? There's about to be six movies of them leveling entire cities while talking about protecting humans. Maybe that's just what people want from these movies though.

I don't really follow Transformers but surely there are interesting stories from their home planet that could be made into a movie? There's about to be six movies of them leveling entire cities while talking about protecting humans. Maybe that's just what people want from these movies though.

It varies and honestly depends, because most of the film worthy stories on their home planet are about Decepticons leveling cities while Autobots are protecting civilians, lol. You could probably turn War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron into great movies, buttttt they also work as games, more so. 

Not even close, lol. The front end becomes the chest, unlike G1's hoodshoes and the top of the car now forms the arms and leg's mass. It's only accurate in terms of vehicle mode. And that's not hard to accomplish. Robot mode's an entirely different beast. To the point where they didn't even need the bug to make the robot. Which I argue was a dumb move given how bad the beetle looks, lol. It was never a good alt mode, and was never a good looking vehicle alone, I don't get the fixation on it.

See, but the thing is, past incarnations also looked like Optimus and had his likeness. They kept his headfins and general color and aesthetic, while changing the style up a bit. So, he wasn't completely derivative of past designs, but looked like him and evoked his role as the leader, while fitting in the universe. Make him tall, brawny, and very "regal" in a sense. Which I think matters to him only because of how legitimately iconic the character is. I'm fine with them taking liberties for the rest of the cast, especially when the franchise has been about that specifically. So, Starscreams' cool ass digitigrade stance and broad body shape rock, to me, even if it looks nothing LIKE him in G1. Because it just looks so dementedly striking. I get you're not super arguing it or anything, but it's like, Starscream's looked so different across 16 different continuities, with Prime giving him stilettos and changing his overall body mass extensively, for example. So, to me, 2007-2011's Screamer is nothing new, and the point of "it looks like X" kinda falters when so many characters have undergone changes over time.

fair enough. I still like the designs. They're simplier, actually the difference between them and the other movies vaguely reminds me of the difference between bungie forerunners and 343 forerunners.

I guess I just prefer the more old school cartoonist/simple design.

Edit: also worth mentioning that I grew up on Armada soooooooo

fair enough. I still like the designs. They're simplier, actually the difference between them and the other movies vaguely reminds me of the difference between bungie forerunners and 343 forerunners.

I guess I just prefer the more old school cartoonist/simple design.

Edit: also worth mentioning that I grew up on Armada soooooooo

At least the films maintained a consistent style, for the five mainline entries. Never a jarring jump in aesthetic.

call me cynical, but i feel like talented directors trying to make the next great space movie has become a cliche

Personally, I prefer sci-fi space movies > true event space movies.

A Star is Born looks pretty good but prob. won't see in the theatre.

call me cynical, but i feel like talented directors trying to make the next great space movie has become a cliche

Definitely get that and agree but First Man looks better than Gravity,Intersteller,etc

Yeah but the upcoming months should be pretty good. Hopefully a theater near me plays The Old Man and the Gun.

agreed, gp

Definitely get that and agree but First Man looks better than Gravity,Intersteller,etc

way better than both. the element of grief is so powerful in first man. gravity and interstellar didn't really work for me, not sure why

• Upvote (+1) 1