CyReN

Film Discussion

hereditary best horror in the past 20 years

not as good as The Witch, therefore i have confirmed your suspected intellectual deficiency
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Also rewatched the cabin in the woods. Has any other film used that kind of twist in the horror genre? I'm not much of a horror fan, but I love that film!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also rewatched the cabin in the woods. Has any other film used that kind of twist in the horror genre? I'm not much of a horror fan, but I love that film!

That was a pretty unique twist, it was the perfect blend of marketing and good writing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

not as good as The Witch, therefore i have confirmed your suspected intellectual deficiency

I just watched Small Town Crime.  Pretty darn good movie.

Hey guys, just dropping by. I'm getting back into Halo so I'm going to be around more often.

With the news of the Halo TV series coming out, I brought it up to my mentor about it being my absolute dream to work on the project in one way or another. Halo is what brought me into filmmaking. I told him the story of me making montages and going home every single day from grades 8-11 to make my grandma lunch and play Halo. Since 2001 its been my dream.

... He said he's having dinner with an exec at Amblin Entertainment next week and will try to make it happen.

So I may be shadow directing/acting in a small role in the show. I'll keep you guys updated

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jungle starring Daniel Radcliffe was a big surprise for me. 

I really enjoyed the film and the story.

I think I found it on Netflix.

Anyone pick up anything from the Criterion sale? I snagged Five Easy Pieces and On The Waterfront, which are actually my first Criterions!

Normally when I buy blu-rays I always prioritize getting the normal releases over any special editions, but both movies were only released by Criterion in the US. Nonetheless I'm happy to finally own some.

good picks for your collection! 

finally got around to seeing The Florida Project and it florida me.

edit: Good Time was a big surprise. really enjoyed from start to finish

The final scene is the best 

Yea, fucking awesome. I watched it back when it first came out and wasn't overly impressed, but on second viewing was blown away and had a new appreciation for the film.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Myles Teller is an ass hole for not trying harder to make it work with the beautiful Melissa Benoist, only complaint about the film! 

• Upvote (+1) 1