CyReN

Film Discussion

I know they didn’t show him as Venom in the teaser, but it does excite me to see Tom Hardy!

being the huge horror fan that i am... i don't like seeing the monster till the end of movies. tease me, make my imagination do all the work. there are films where it is fine to show everything from the start but there is nothing wrong with waiting despite what society and culture is teaching the younger generation

Oscars 2018 Best Picture Ranks & Predictions:

1) The Shape of Water
2) Lady Bird
3) Dunkirk
4) Call Me by Your Name
5) Phantom Thread
6) Get Out
7) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
8) Darkest Hour
9) The Post

Best Picture: The Shape of Water
Lead Actor: Gary Oldman
Lead Actress: Frances McDormand
Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell
Supporting Actress: Laurie Metcalf
Director: Guillermo del Toro

The Shape of Water is my favorite as well.

Your predictions seem to be in line with the favorites for each category but I think there's bound to be at least one upset or surprising win. Possibly Lady Bird or Phantom Thread could sneak a win if the voting is split between The Shape of Water and Three Billboards and because the BP category has no clear frontrunner.

Or not

• Upvote (+1) 1

few issues with ladybird.

1. it wasn't about hank hill's dog.

2. hank hill's dog was already pretty old at the beginning of the series, how did it live for like 12 more years

being the huge horror fan that i am... i don't like seeing the monster till the end of movies. tease me, make my imagination do all the work. there are films where it is fine to show everything from the start but there is nothing wrong with waiting despite what society and culture is teaching the younger generation

i just want to see the venom fuck shit up

horror movies is a bad example considering you see the monster through out the entirety of the movie

if it didn't show up til the end you'd have nothing to be afraid of

i just want to see the venom fuck shit up

horror movies is a bad example considering you see the monster through out the entirety of the movie

if it didn't show up til the end you'd have nothing to be afraid of

Okay, sure.

Okay, sure.

okay. name a Friday the 13th or nightmare on elm street movie where he doesn't kill someone in the first 20

or name an evil dead movie where the demons only show up at that end

spittin off nonsense

okay. name a Friday the 13th or nightmare on elm street movie where he doesn't kill someone in the first 20

or name an evil dead movie where the demons only show up at that end

spittin off nonsense

I'll bite. You just set up the argument but whatever..

You don't know it's Jason's mother Mrs. Vorhees until the end of Friday the 13th. In Evil Dead 1, 2 and Army of Darkness you NEVER see the face of the thing in the woods..

There have been PLENTY of great horror films that used the slow paced tactic of not giving everything away but a little here and there. Good examples being Psycho, Poltergeist, The Blair Witch Project, Alien, The Witch, The Thing or The Fly. Nice try. Come again.  :cool:

EDIT: Also MIMIC and RELIC.

I'll bite. You just set up the argument but whatever..

You don't know it's Jason's mother Mrs. Vorhees until the end of Friday the 13th. In Evil Dead 1, 2 and Army of Darkness you NEVER see the face of the thing in the woods..

There have been PLENTY of great horror films that used the slow paced tactic of not giving everything away but a little here and there. Good examples being Psycho, Poltergeist, The Blair Witch Project, Alien, The Witch, The Thing or The Fly. Nice try. Come again. :cool:

EDIT: Also MIMIC and RELIC.

but you do see Jason and the monsters

you see demons through evil dead

I understand the twist you're getting at

but Tom hardy becoming venom at the end wouldn't be the twist if you already know he's venom

think spawn more so than anything else

big fan of Tom hardy tho

besides Christopher waltz probably my favourite actor atm

but you do see Jason and the monsters

wut

i'm getting strawman trolled aren't i

EDIT: A QUIET PLACE killed it. One of the best creature features in forever... and a great example of my point above.

• Downvote (-1) 1

just kidding, let me also just say that knighty is still a garbage human that nobody should take seriously because A Quiet Place was actually kinda fucking stupid

• Upvote (+1) 4

just kidding, let me also just say that knighty is still a garbage human that nobody should take seriously because A Quiet Place was actually kinda fucking stupid

It was just fine, a lot of dumb shit happened

Just got outta a quiet place.

Not fkn hard to insulate walls for sound.

Not fkn hard to put a radio on a remote detonator with tannorite or ied.

Stupid movie.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kobe Bryant is also an academy award winner. Not really a cool brag anymore.

Just got outta a quiet place.

Not fkn hard to insulate walls for sound.

Not fkn hard to put a radio on a remote detonator with tannorite or ied.

Stupid movie.

its almost like, you, could, live, underground, and, insulate, your network, wow.