CyReN

Film Discussion

The quote is a scene from fan boys

It's like some starwars fans have forgotten that there's some quirky stuff going on in the old movies

But that's part of their charm

Ahh yeah. 

TLJ is primarily a daisy chain of action set pieces & that cannot sustain a movie that is over two hours long, especially when that chain was going in a circle the entire time. even the parts that break from the circle just end up back within the circle w/o any purposeful gain. holy fuck was i ever bored by the time Rey leaves Luke, which felt almost entirely inconsequential. too much time devoted to arcs that aren’t even well crafted, impactful, or that i even care about. the time management for this new trilogy is shit.

also my eyes almost rolled out the back of my skull during that Finn/Rose scene. you know the one. jesus fuck that was lame. so was all the “comedy”

it was okay tho i guess. neither bad nor good. if i was less bored by it i’d probably just be indifferent w/ a shrug.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The cheesiest scene has to be princess leia in space

I shrug that shit off tho

I'm a fan of the universe. Not really concerned with the story goes anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah the Finn/Rose scene is infinitely cheesier/dumber than the Leia scene

super cringe but it was handled well - much like the leia scene. they  could've been 100x worse. for example: had finn kissed rose back and held her

watched Arrival for the second time last night.   First time was in the theatre.  

That movie holds up well.  

and i'd smash amy adams til my dick fell off.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

super cringe but it was handled well - much like the leia scene. they  could've been 100x worse. for example: had finn kissed rose back and held her

super cringe

handled well

rip this thread

• Upvote (+1) 1

Expecting Star Wars to be good in 2017 is about the same as expecting Call of Duty to be good in 2017. Yet you all went and spent 15 dollars on opening weekend for a movie ticket anyway hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh cool so WW2 is better than those jet pack cod games? I can’t believe it! It’s like, they water it down so much that people chalk up average as a win! You’ve pretty much made my point for me.

Oh cool so WW2 is better than those jet pack cod games? I can’t believe it! It’s like, they water it down so much that people chalk up average as a win! You’ve pretty much made my point for me.

how much have you played it? it's on par with the original ww2 cods and modern warfares. its better than ghost as well. probably my third or fourth favorite cod. i don't see how that makes your point at all

I have played it, have they fixed the headquarters yet? One of the dumbest things they've ever added to call of duty. Trying to conform to what other games are doing, it was only fitting that it was broken for the first few weeks after the game came out. It's not a terrible game I just think it's pretty average, maps are kinda meh, guns kill way too fast. Health regen is pretty non existent. COD is watered down, BO4 zombies this november though! Treyarch > sledgehammer and IW 

Aye guys, just wanted to shout out the Halo community. I started making Halo montages in 2005, and now I'm shadow directing Jason Momoa's Netflix show in Feb and directing my first feature film in the summer of 2018. Just made my short film demo reel which includes the 4 short films I've made since 2013:

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah the Finn/Rose scene is infinitely cheesier/dumber than the Leia scene

finn and rose almost ruined the whole film for me

• Upvote (+1) 3

Finally saw TLJ.  Spoilers below*

Things I liked:

Kylo Ren.  He's a great actor and plays his role perfectly imo.

Kamikaze warp speed scene.  Shot beautifully, very dramatic, sound was amazing.

Cinematography on the salt planet.  LIghting / background walkers and sound again were on point.

Chewies cute little seapups.  Those things were dope.

Things I didn't like:

Rose / Finn.  Kill them both....   they are utterly worthless to the story line.  

Leia not dying in space.  so dumb / cheesy.... her character was meaningless for the rest of the movie anyway. She's also a horrible actress.

Luke just straight disappearing at the end.  Was hoping for him to get cut down like Obiwan and becoming a blue jedi.

Too much wasted time on the island.  Also, the scene milking the landwhale was....  well, not needed imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep, too long and had a lot of clutter. Otherwise it was okay, I guess.

might’ve been drunk, but Kong: Skull Island surprised the shit out of me. it was stupid, but it was fun stupid & self aware of its stupidity. just don’t know why Loki & Captain Marvel had to be in the movie. they were such a drag.

might’ve been drunk, but Kong: Skull Island surprised the shit out of me. it was stupid, but it was fun stupid & self aware of its stupidity. just don’t know why Loki & Captain Marvel had to be in the movie. they were such a drag.

kong and john c reilly made that movie for me. i enjoyed it way more than i thought i would

have you peeped brawl in cell block 99 yet? better than bone tomahawk for me