CyReN

Film Discussion

I just watched Caddyshack for the first time.

Not great.

It’s not for everyone, also who the Fuck caddies in 2017? Hard to relate to, especially if you’re not into deadpan comedy.

I for one love that movie.

It’s not for everyone, also who the Fuck caddies in 2017? 

literally any kid working on a golf course 

• Upvote (+1) 1

These have replaced caddies, and did a long time ago. Nobody caddies anymore, unless it's some weekend tournament, in which case the caddies aren't even getting paid... think about it, if you're a golf course owner, why employ human beings when you can own a fleet of these and plug them in to charge at night? 

golfcarisolated.png

Jeff Goldblum, is he enough to get you to watch the sequel to Jurassic world? lol

All this time I thought you guys were saying Lary Bird

but apparently its about Hank Hills dog lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

polls are in and the verdict is out - the last jedi is the best star wars since empire?

fucking no it isn't

polls are in and the verdict is out - the last jedi is the best star wars since empire?

I wasn't even sure if TLJ was better then the PT-movies after I left the theater on thursday to be honest..after a couple days to calm down, I can say that it is better then Ep1-3 at least but best SW since empire? no, not even close...

It has some really good elements but some really, really bad and disappointing ones as well (Superman-Leia and no proper last duel for luke to name those, that had the biggest impact for me...)

I've read a lot of opinions on Polygon about The Last Jedi. Rian Johnson basically gave us the most polarizing film in the series - either you really like its differences, or you tear it apart and read between the lines. There are a lot of head scratching moments and scenes that just don't belong; they could have cut it down to just over two hours long. But, there are a ton of details that I glossed over. So I'm deciding if a second viewing is worth it. 

Something a lot of Star Wars fans do is don't think about the film, or misinterpret it. So many just want a simple, easy to understand and root for two hour film with a walk-out-to -the-sunset heroes' journey. This most definitely is not that film. While those are great fun anyway, as its the framework of the originals, sometimes its good to have one that radically changes how we think about the finer details of Star Wars. Rian Johnson went that route, I believe. Like Luke said, "This is not going to go the way you think!" And he's totally right. Just maybe he went too far, making it so different, but confusing too, that he's about to gain a lot of rabid haters.

I've read a lot of opinions on Polygon about The Last Jedi. Rian Johnson basically gave us the most polarizing film in the series - either you really like its differences, or you tear it apart and read between the lines. There are a lot of head scratching moments and scenes that just don't belong; they could have cut it down to just over two hours long. But, there are a ton of details that I glossed over. So I'm deciding if a second viewing is worth it. 

Something a lot of Star Wars fans do is don't think about the film, or misinterpret it. So many just want a simple, easy to understand and root for two hour film with a walk-out-to -the-sunset heroes' journey. This most definitely is not that film. While those are great fun anyway, as its the framework of the originals, sometimes its good to have one that radically changes how we think about the finer details of Star Wars. Rian Johnson went that route, I believe. Like Luke said, "This is not going to go the way you think!" And he's totally right. Just maybe he went too far, making it so different, but confusing too, that he's about to gain a lot of rabid haters.

Leia's spacewalk is what pisses me off the most. "Oh Leia died, and you expected this because Carrier Fisher died! Psyche! Watch this bullshit!"

Rose was just such a lame character.

I enjoed the movie though. Lightspeed Kamikaze is the coolest thing I've seen in a moviee

Leia's spacewalk is what pisses me off the most. "Oh Leia died, and you expected this because Carrier Fisher died! Psyche! Watch this bullshit!"

Rose was just such a lame character.

I enjoed the movie though. Lightspeed Kamikaze is the coolest thing I've seen in a moviee

I agree with you about Rose. She was pointless. Unless someone else can explain her presence, which is fine with me.

Leia doing that is questionable, but I've read some thoughts and opinions about it. So she could have prevented herself from dying by "taking" venting atmosphere and encircling herself. Which sounds crazy, but it works. There's a lot of strange, cheesy moments throughout the series. Why people get pissed and throw such a backlash at these new films is ridiculous.

Oh dude...lightspeed kamikaze was epic! Now why Admiral Holdo did that instead of, say, Akbar, made no sense to me. And why she took so long, so the F.O took notice, instead of doing it asap, doesn't make sense too. Perhaps it was for dramatic tension build up.

Leia doing that is questionable, but I've read some thoughts and opinions about it. So she could have prevented herself from dying by "taking" venting atmosphere and encircling herself. Which sounds crazy, but it works. There's a lot of strange, cheesy moments throughout the series. Why people get pissed and throw such a backlash at these new films is ridiculous.

Can we please stop constructing „in-lore“ excuses for shitty design decisions? Why can’t we just look at this scene as what it is: a major fuck-up by Rian Johnson that at best makes you laugh at it and at worst clouds the memories of a role of a sadly deceased actress.

I’m sure someone will come up with some official reason as to why that scene is totally fine in the new SW lore but that doesn’t change the fact, that it will allways make me cringe.

The reason people get pissed is because many people care for that series and that charakter...

• Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with you about Rose. She was pointless. Unless someone else can explain her presence, which is fine with me.

She's there for Finn's character arc. So he can change from just caring about himself and attempting to leave everytime danger arises to believing in what the Resistance is about to the point that he is willing to sacrifice himself for it at the end. She's still not a very good character and to me Finn's plotline is poorly executed and distracting from the main events occuring but there is a purpose to her character.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Leia doing that is questionable, but I've read some thoughts and opinions about it. So she could have prevented herself from dying by "taking" venting atmosphere and encircling herself. Which sounds crazy, but it works.

id rather just go with the fact she survived being in space a few minutes. astronauts in real life have done it without permanent damage, why can't a jedi?

• Upvote (+1) 1

marvel tier humor and undercutting tension with 21st century jokes like "i'm holding for hux" really brought the film down, i thought it was supposed to be a darker film.

There's some dumb, pointless stuff in this movie, but it was far more entertaining than episode 7

Only watched episode 7 once(in theatres) never bothered with it again

And can't finish rogue one on Netflix

I separate these new movies from the original trilogy for good reason

I don't like to views these as canon

But it was nice seeing yoda and some homage to the old starwars.

This film captured those moments better than the previous 2 did

Humor was overdone, I agree. Its a better and more intimate story than The Force Awakens. 

I think while Lucasfilm has made some risky and questionable choices, their films are quite entertaining. I'm enjoying all of them. You're not gonna get rehash of the originals, well...except a good chunk of TFA. We're getting post OT stuff. Not everyone likes them. Fine. I do. I also find it funny how many people put the OT on a high pedestal when they have stupid or weird moments too. And you can't justify them just because they're the first three. Yes they're going to remain the best SW films because of their originality. 

Humor was overdone, I agree. Its a better and more intimate story than The Force Awakens.

I think while Lucasfilm has made some risky and questionable choices, their films are quite entertaining. I'm enjoying all of them. You're not gonna get rehash of the originals, well...except a good chunk of TFA. We're getting post OT stuff. Not everyone likes them. Fine. I do. I also find it funny how many people put the OT on a high pedestal when they have stupid or weird moments too. And you can't justify them just because they're the first three. Yes they're going to remain the best SW films because of their originality.

You gotta keep the flaws.

Crappy effects.

Real puppets.

That's what makes it so good, you know?

You gotta keep the flaws.

Crappy effects.

Real puppets.

That's what makes it so good, you know?

??

I also am mistaken by saying we're not going to get rehashes. Chunks of the new films are indeed that.

??

I also am mistaken by saying we're not going to get rehashes. Chunks of the new films are indeed that.

The quote is a scene from fan boys

It's like some starwars fans have forgotten that there's some quirky stuff going on in the old movies

But that's part of their charm

• Upvote (+1) 1