CyReN

Film Discussion

Blade runner was good but I do have one mildly weird complaint. At times the move was too loud. Does anyone else know what I mean? Maybe the theater just had the volume really high idk just felt like some scenes my ears were drowning in noise.

those aren't turtle beaches dude! how many of you getting cod tomorrow? better hope you don't face me and my pub stomp crew or you'll wish you never bought the game 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea Blade Runner was insanely loud for me, as was Mother. When I went to a music festival over in the Netherlands back in June almost everyone was wearing earbuds to keep their ears safe and I've been sort of conscious of that shit ever since. Some films and gigs are just too loud imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ear plugs are a must at live shows. not only do they protect your hearing but they also make it easier to make out lyrics and they make everything else sound better. 

those aren't turtle beaches dude! how many of you getting cod tomorrow? better hope you don't face me and my pub stomp crew or you'll wish you never bought the game 

right, because they couldnt just back out pregame lobby and find someone else? 

wow i cannot believe how forgettable & charmless GotG2 is compared to the first one. almost everything that took place on Ego was cringe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess corny jokes and an 80s soundtrack wasn’t enough to carry the second one. Never saw it myself so wouldn’t know, but it didn’t look great in the trailer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wow i cannot believe how forgettable & charmless GotG2 is compared to the first one. almost everything that took place on Ego was cringe.

Yeah it's super bland

& was it just me, or was Chris Pratt fucking awful in it? his delivery was such ass. no snap or personality to it & he was kinda unlikable in general

• Upvote (+1) 1

& was it just me, or was Chris Pratt fucking awful in it? his delivery was such ass. no snap or personality to it & he was kinda unlikable in general

No one likes a guy with Daddy problems. Stoked for Thor Ragnarok.

been saying it for years, awful overrated actor 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i rarely think you're right, i don't want to attempt to go check if you have been saying it that long, and i also think most everything you say is a troll but regardless of all that i do believe you are correct scalzo. his charisma cannot carry a film. unfortunately, at this point his star power is undeniable and there is massive appeal due to how genuine he seems. his career is set forever with probably another 10 marvel films and at least 2 more jurassic worlds

i rarely think you're right, i don't want to attempt to go check if you have been saying it that long, and i also think most everything you say is a troll but regardless of all that i do believe you are correct scalzo. his charisma cannot carry a film. unfortunately, at this point his star power is undeniable and there is massive appeal due to how genuine he seems. his career is set forever with probably another 10 marvel films and at least 2 more jurassic worlds

I was saying this prior to GOTG 

I am always right. im like the rick of cinema 

• Upvote (+1) 3

watched it last night. it was fun, but i didn’t really love it. i was also really high on ketamine so take that for what it’s worth.

@prox, this was his response.... lol, clearly hes not a golfer 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@prox, this was his response.... lol, clearly hes not a golfer

Me dumb me dumb

Well at least he didn't hate it! Dude just doesn't like bubblegum as much as we do

John Carpenter is just the man. His films are so much fun but never feel ironic or even somewhat cynical like some newer genre movies do

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was up late at like 2 or 3 am and I was about to go to bed, had just smoked and came back inside. They Live was just starting.... couldnt look away.... even tho the movie seemed like an awfully random B film I kept watching it, memorized, sensing something special. Sure enough I was right and it ended up developing into an awesome roller coaster ride of emotions and experiences -  enveloping all the senses and truly opening my eyes to the grimm reality of this world.

I knew I would never be the same after watching it and I wasnt...
Thank you Mr Carpenter for your films 
They are life changing 

• Upvote (+1) 2