CyReN

Film Discussion

Kinda how I'm leaning.

I watched the original IT mini series this weekend and its awful. Not scary at all.. forgot how shitty that show was.

I think most of us forgot how shit garbage the original IT was because we all saw it when we were young enough to actually be frightened by it. In retrospect, it's so fucking bad. I'm pretty sure there are episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? that were better than IT lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think most of us forgot how shit garbage the original IT was because we all saw it when we were young enough to actually be frightened by it. In retrospect, it's so fucking bad. I'm pretty sure there are episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? that were better than IT lol

I honestly think it would be much scarier if Pennywise was an actual deranged human being in clown costume that brutally murdered children in the sewer system, instead of some type of fantasy, shape-shifting science fiction character portrayed in the show.

Well that's the problem you get when you adapt a Stephen King novel. Every baddie needs to be a stupid unexplainable spiritual extraterrestrial creature

Well that's the problem you get when you adapt a Stephen King novel. Every baddie needs to be a stupid unexplainable spiritual extraterrestrial creature

mist did it well

Ended up seeing IT. 

Thought it was light years better than the original series and Pennywise was very well done.  Entertaining flick for sure.

It did a good job at bringing the Goonies / Stranger Things child 80's vibe to it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is why I don't want to go back and watch Tommyknockers. Scared the tits off me as a kid, but it was a budget miniseries and I'm pretty sure it actually sucked. Think I'll leave it be.

This is why I don't want to go back and watch Tommyknockers. Scared the tits off me as a kid, but it was a budget miniseries and I'm pretty sure it actually sucked. Think I'll leave it be.

I live for destroying my childhood. IT WAS ALL BUILT UPON A FOUNDATION OF LIES & UNEDUCATED INTERPRETATIONS OF LIVED EXPERIENCE SO IT MUST DIE A HOLLOW SHELL DEVOID OF PURPOSE JUST LIKE I WILL SOME DAY
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I live for destroying my childhood. IT WAS ALL BUILT UPON A FOUNDATION OF LIES & UNEDUCATED INTERPRETATIONS OF LIVED EXPERIENCE SO IT MUST DIE A HOLLOW SHELL DEVOID OF PURPOSE JUST LIKE I WILL SOME DAY

Hey shut up dude Armageddon was DOPE

• Upvote (+1) 3

i've been hyped on Blade Runner 2049 ever since Villeneuve was signed on to direct, but i'm still taking all these initial reactions w/ a pillar of salt

• Upvote (+1) 2

Easily my most anticipated film next year. Alex Garland's follow-up to Ex-Machina. The novel is some great Sci-Fi horror meets HP Lovecraft eerie dread. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

i've been hyped on Blade Runner 2049 ever since Villeneuve was signed on to direct, but i'm still taking all these initial reactions w/ a pillar of salt

look at you trying to temper expectations. i tried but gosling + villeneuve makes that impossible.

• Upvote (+1) 4

look at you trying to temper expectations. i tried but gosling + villeneuve makes that impossible.

i try to be cautious whenever talented filmmakers are plucked off of the talent tree by corporate shadow people so that that filmmaker can helm a big existing property for them.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

you’re crazy.

Nah Aronofsky is crazy. There's a lot to like about mother! but it gets a pretty cheesy in some of its attempts to be profound or mysterious.

• Upvote (+1) 1