CyReN

Film Discussion

logan lucky had me dying

Saw it yesterday, really liked it. Had that southern oceans feel.

Daniel Craig stole the show, great performance in every scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watched Dunkirk in the theatre tonight.

Beautiful movie. The abstract timeline brought that chaos and helpless feel to the event and pulled u into the film. It really gives you an idea of how the individual soldier viewed the experience.

Reminded me of The Thin Red Line in a Euro setting.

God bless the RAF.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wind River was great! Definitely recommend it.

Agreed. Not as good as Sicario and Hell or High Water but still really good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im prob in the minority here but i thought sicario was corny as hell.

idk why but the line "he decapitated my wife and threw my daughter in a vat of acid" made me laugh. sounds like a 14 yr old came up with that

"he cut off my wifes head and put my child in acid" 

like how how many different ways can you say how someone killed your loved ones? 

it's not really he line that bugs me, it's the way that they died. i feel like when the guy was writing the first draft he was like "what's the most fucked up way for his family to die?" and just put decapitation and vat of acid without ever revising it. it's been a minute since i've seen the film but did they ever offer any more context to their deaths? did these assassins break into their house and kill them or were they at another location? if it's the former then i struggle to see why they would go through the effort of dragging a vat of acid around to kill people with.

that's me just being nitpicky though. I think it just boils down to how they just dropped that line in real quick to give a backstory without ever really expanding on it. 

yeah it's the logistics tho. i can think of a million ruthless ways to murder someone that don't involve dragging around a vat and a vat's worth of acid just to kill one person with it. at least do them both like that if you're put all that energy into moving that stuff

throw in a quick blurry flashback of them falling into the vat and a close up of whats his face crying and then you have me sold on that backstory

Here's the trailer for my new short film premiering at TIFF:

My first feature film is about 3 kids making a movie on a native reservation. A character one of the kids pick is our boi the Master Chief. We're going to create a little MC outfit him that he makes in the film. Can't wait to shoot it next year.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Saw IT on the opening weekend

No scary, but fun time

The kid from stranger things was gud

Hoping October brings in the spooky scary skeletons

wind river was tremendous

Should I see that over 'IT' tonight?

I have a rare opportunity to get a baby sitter and we're going to watch a movie...  can't decide which one.

Should I see that over 'IT' tonight?

I have a rare opportunity to get a baby sitter and we're going to watch a movie...  can't decide which one.

they are both solid movies so a question like that will require more information about your taste and what you're in the mood for on this rare occasion! for me, i think IT is a better film in a theatre whereas wind river is a good laptop/headphones experience

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't seen either film, but Wind River is actually written by a talented screenwriter & isn't generic horror fare, so I pick Wind River. It's what I would choose if in that position.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't seen either film, but Wind River is actually written by a talented screenwriter & isn't generic horror fare, so I pick Wind River. It's what I would choose if in that position.

Kinda how I'm leaning.

I watched the original IT mini series this weekend and its awful.   Not scary at all.. forgot how shitty that show was.