CyReN

Film Discussion

i thought the soundtrack was next to perfect, really enjoyed the film. probably scored it too high but meh

Nah not at all, I'm def the outlier in this situation. It's not even that I really didn't like it or anything, it just didn't quite click with me like I thought it would. I'm happy to see that most people are loving it though because Edgar Wright really deserves all the success/recognition he gets

Nah not at all, I'm def the outlier in this situation. It's not even that I really didn't like it or anything, it just didn't quite click with me like I thought it would. I'm happy to see that most people are loving it though because Edgar Wright really deserves all the success/recognition he gets

And I somewhat agree that I don't think it is a great soundtrack. But more in the terms of outside of the context of the movie and how Wright used it. 

I definitely wouldn't throw it on and listen to it, but I thought it would well with everything he did. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

^agree 100%

I downloaded the soundtrack last night and tried listening today while working, its a lot more average than I remember... the movie made the music, but also I feel like the music made the movie in the same sense! They go hand in hand.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Review :-SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING WORKS AS BOTH A (VERY) FUNNY HIGH SCHOOL COMEDY/DRAMA AND STRONG STANDALONE SUPERHERO MOVIE SET IN THE MCU.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the producers will make Spider Man: Kindergarten after Spider Man: Homecoming. I feel Tobey Maguire did justice with his role.

a twenty six year old playing a sixteen year old was hard for some people but at one point in time all female roles were filled with men. 

tobeys the man and ill always love that trilogy. 

however, the new one rocked

Barnes and Noble Criterion 50% sale until first week of August. I would wait for the Criterion website sale if you want box sets since they're cheaper on Criterion's site.

Went balls deep on Monday, the final day of Barnes and Noble's 50% off Criterion sale. $225

• Good Morning [1959, Yasujiro Ozu]
  • Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the bomb [1964, Stanley Kubrick]
  • Blow-Up [1966, Michelangelo Antonioni]
  • Two-Lane Blacktop [1971, Monte Hellman]
  • The Friends of Eddie Coyle [1973, Peter Yates]
  • Rumble Fish [1983, Francis Ford Coppola]
  • Tampopo [1985, Juzo Itami]
  • The Player [1992, Robert Altman]
  • Short Cuts [1993, Robert Altman]
  • King of the Hill [1993, Steven Soderbergh]
  • Che [2008, Steven Soderbergh]
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone heard of this new Moviepass thing? $10 a month and you can go to the theaters to see one movie a day. That means you could see 30 movies for ten bucks.

Apparently their site is still crashing from people trying to get it.

That trailer reminds me just how awful season two of true detective was.

• Upvote (+1) 1