CyReN

Film Discussion

S1 of The Leftovers was hot garbage

not about to watch 2 and 3 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Leftovers is amazing.  The soundtrack alone makes it worth the watch imo and the acting is top tier.

I do hope there's at least some form of closure with this complex story line, otherwise this will be another fucking massive disappointment on the scale of 'Lost' for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

saw some new movies recently

Two-Lane Blacktop

Manchester by the Sea

Anomalisa

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

only one that wasn't great was Guardians, but at least i got to see it on the big screen

• Upvote (+1) 2

Leftovers is amazing.  The soundtrack alone makes it worth the watch imo and the acting is top tier.

I do hope there's at least some form of closure with this complex story line, otherwise this will be another fucking massive disappointment on the scale of 'Lost' for me.

I'm sure there will be closure with the characters but if you're looking for explanations such as where everyone actually disappeared to then I think you have disappointment coming your way

the leftovers fucks with the audience in a way no other show has ever been able to achieve. the season 2 finale was one of the most torturous episodes of tv i've ever watched just because how closely it paralleled the traumatizing first ep of that season. 

saw some new movies recently

Two-Lane Blacktop

Manchester by the Sea

Anomalisa

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

only one that wasn't great was Guardians, but at least i got to see it on the big screen

Those first two are incredible. Two-Lane Blacktop is just too cool. Think I might pick it up come the next criterion sale.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Those first two are incredible. Two-Lane Blacktop is just too cool. Think I might pick it up come the next criterion sale.

first three*
  • Upvote (+1) 1

yeah idk what it was really but i couldn't look away. it felt like i didn't blink or breathe that whole movie. there was this sinister tension behind the whole thing (mostly from Warren Oates' character) and i always got the feeling something really shitty was just around the corner. also just not knowing much of anything about the characters and trying to figure them out for myself was a fun experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure there will be closure with the characters but if you're looking for explanations such as where everyone actually disappeared to then I think you have disappointment coming your way

I want to see the main dude die n find everyone that disappeared with at least 35 minutes of exploration n explanation in the new world. I need fucking closure bro. Fucking closure!

your loss

I know I lost, those 2-3 hours that I spent watching s1 of the leftovers. lol. 

Hot Garbage. 

first three*

Haven't seen Anomalisa but Im sure you're right as Charlie Kaufman is the man.

I watched Logan recently.  It was ok, but I wanted to see something else with Hugh Jackman.

I searched a few movies and ended up watching Prisoners.  I really enjoyed it!  Give it a shot if you like good movies.

I searched a few movies and ended up watching Prisoners. I really enjoyed it! Give it a shot if you like good movies.

denis villenueve can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I want to see the main dude die n find everyone that disappeared with at least 35 minutes of exploration n explanation in the new world. I need fucking closure bro. Fucking closure!

Real talk though I'm expecting the sort of catharsis that we got from ep 5 but on a larger scale. It didn't matter if that guy was god or not, what mattered was how Matt changed as a person from that conversation

imo the show is about how people rationalise the inexplicable. Both the characters and the audience are constantly giving things significance and meaning because "everything has to have a meaning" as Matt says (paraphrasing). The show was never really a pure mystery show à la LOST. The show also never really fully explains anything so I don't think they're gonna start with the finale, but instead they might heavily alude to a few answers that can be interpreted differently by different people

• Upvote (+1) 1

your loss

I did lose, those 2-3 hours I spent watching s1 of the leftovers. 

one of the worst starts to a show in the history of television

Hot Garbage 

I did lose, those 2-3 hours I spent watching s1 of the leftovers. 

one of the worst starts to a show in the history of television

Hot Garbage 

ah the ol' sauce "look at how much I don't like this popular thing" attention seeking tactic. Maybe if you say it's hot garbage for a 3rd time people will really think youre real cool

ur loss

ah the ol' sauce "look at how much I don't like this popular thing" attention seeking tactic. Maybe if you say it's hot garbage for a 3rd time people will really think youre real cool

ur loss

You actually enjoyed season 1?

It had almost no redeeming qualities to it. Pretty much unwatchable smut... it has nothing to do with popularity, as im pretty sure its low in the ratings. It was just a bad season of television. Kind of like True Detective season 2, which im pretty sure you gave  initial praise, lol.

... and "cool"? Really?? what are you twelve?

that ship sailed years ago, pretty sure you are posting this on a video game forum lol

hot garbage

You actually enjoyed season 1?

It had almost no redeeming qualities to it. Pretty much unwatchable smut... it has nothing to do with popularity, as im pretty sure its low in the ratings. It was just a bad season of television. Kind of like True Detective season 2, which im pretty sure you gave  initial praise, lol.

... and "cool"? Really?? what are you twelve?

that ship sailed years ago, pretty sure you are posting this on a video game forum lol

mate you replied to my throwaway comment twice with pretty much word for word identical posts about the show being "hot garbage", honestly like a 5 year old looking for attention. You watched 3 episodes and didn't like it, get over it you clown

• Upvote (+1) 1

mate you replied to my throwaway comment twice with pretty much word for word identical posts about the show being "hot garbage", honestly like a 5 year old looking for attention. You watched 3 episodes and didn't like it, get over it you clown

Why are you still responding to my throwaway comments on your throwaway comments? you sure are kewl, gg br0. Also nice job recycling my age theme. cant even find your own material. very sad.

You also failed to defend the show w any intelligible points, instead trying to pick my posting style apart. I award you 0 points, and hope that you can find some solace in being a pleb. You try so hard in here with your reviews but you just come off as a massive gobshite.

Why are you still responding to my throwaway comments on your throwaway comments? you sure are kewl, gg br0. Also nice job recycling my age theme. cant even find your own material. very sad.

You also failed to defend the show w any intelligible points, instead trying to pick my posting style apart. I award you 0 points, and hope that you can find some solace in being a pleb. You try so hard in here with your reviews but you just come off as a massive gobshite.

I'm just replying to you as you respond to me, not making dupe comments to get attention.

And defend what, you didn't make any actual complaints beyond calling it bad? Here's a defense on par with your criticism: It's good. Whew, I'm glad I could match your insight with that one. Also lol at trying to work "gobshite" in there, I would love to hear you say that word in real life. In the meantime I'll be over here watching the critically panned third season http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-leftovers/season-3/critic-reviews

I'm just replying to you as you respond to me, not making dupe comments to get attention.

And defend what, you didn't make any actual complaints beyond calling it bad? Here's a defense on par with your criticism: It's good. Whew, I'm glad I could match your insight with that one. Also lol at trying to work "gobshite" in there, I would love to hear you say that word in real life. In the meantime I'll be over here watching the critically panned third season http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-leftovers/season-3/critic-reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-leftovers

Hey look, you are still talking, and about season 3. Something I never mentioned. 

Here is the link you were looking for. I know the internet can be tough for a muckshit

Once again literally the slowest developing, least interesting, cliff hanging, reach around of a show ive ever seen. s1 was abysmal in all aspects. clearly i hate myself a little, since im posting here, but i dont hate myself that much. not about to endure season one of the leftovers. would rather lick mark mountains sweat flaps