CyReN

Film Discussion

Finally got around to seeing Logan. That was fucking great. When she called Logan daddy at the end killed me. 

Hope FOX doesn't make all their X-men films R rated now though. It works great for Deadpool and Wolverine but thats about it

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thankfully caught a late showing of Raw last night before it left the cinema. I thought each individual scene was great and the ideas behind the film have really lodged themselves in my brain, but I wish it went a little bit further with them and managed to say something a bit more succinct/cohesive. The film posits questions like is eating meat natural or a sort of learned process or even an addiction, and where exactly is the line drawn in regards to how humans should be treated vs animals. But it doesn't quite match those big questions

Still though like I said it comes close enough, I enjoyed it the whole way through, it is ridiculously gross (in the best way), and it still has one of the best trailers of last year

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any under the radar movies to check out so far this year? Haven't been too interested in a lot that's come out so far

Thankfully caught a late showing of Raw last night before it left the cinema. I thought each individual scene was great and the ideas behind the film have really lodged themselves in my brain, but I wish it went a little bit further with them and managed to say something a bit more succinct/cohesive. The film posits questions like is eating meat natural or a sort of learned process or even an addiction, and where exactly is the line drawn in regards to how humans should be treated vs animals. But it doesn't quite match those big questions

Still though like I said it comes close enough, I enjoyed it the whole way through, it is ridiculously gross (in the best way), and it still has one of the best trailers of last year

https://youtu.be/udkwT3p28Sw

finally playing in a theater near me this week. def gonna check it. been excited for this one

looks great. really liked the Safdie bros last film, Heaven Knows What

is it just me, or is 2017 on course to be one of the best years in film & music of the last twenty years?

is it just me, or is 2017 on course to be one of the best years in film & music of the last twenty years?

fwiw gaming is having a pretty next level year too

Also everyone in here seriously has to watch The Leftovers if you aren't already. Finishes in 3 weeks and it's just untouchable atm

• Upvote (+1) 1

fwiw gaming is having a pretty next level year too

Also everyone in here seriously has to watch The Leftovers if you aren't already. Finishes in 3 weeks and it's just untouchable atm

i don't know anything about gaming in truth, but i'm inclined to believe you just because Persona 5 is probably one of the best games i have ever played

maybe i'll start the leftovers once american gods & the handmaid's tale ends their respective seasons

yeah season 2 and 3 so far are perfection

Not just you. There's quite a few more interesting looking films like that one premiering at Cannes like The Killing of the Sacred Deer and You Were Never Really Here.

Also some good/great auteurs like Aronofsky, PTA, Soderbergh, Bigelow, Wright, Villeneuve, Linklater, Payne, Sofia Coppola, Coens (only writing credit) del Toro, Baumbach, and maybe Cuaron all coming out with films this year. Then add in another Star Wars and some fun action flicks like Thor and Kingsman and you got a damn good looking year ahead.

• Upvote (+1) 1