CyReN

Film Discussion

Moonlight didn't look interesting to me. Rather have had La La Land or Arrival win. I am pretty happy Arrival got something, and about time the Wizarding World got a win. I can't believe Fantastic Beasts actually did it. On that note, I need to see Hacksaw Ridge...still.

Emma Stone's speech was great. She's a pretty decent actress.

What a worthless blm awards show last night. Biggest circle jerk on the planet lol. These hollywood tards' are so in love with themselves it's cringe worthy. Hilarious how they just keep drooling over Streep every year too... that things head is so fucking huge, Im not even sure how it was able to leave the building.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Get Out was really good

I haven't seen it, but the lead actor is fantastic in Black Mirror. Highly recommend the fifteen million merits episode if you haven't seen it.

What a worthless blm awards show last night. Biggest circle jerk on the planet lol. These hollywood tards' are so in love with themselves it's cringe worthy. Hilarious how they just keep drooling over Streep every year too... that things head is so fucking huge, Im not even sure how it was able to leave the building.

Pretty much this. I think Streep is an incredible actress. The best in cinema history, imo, but she's full of herself concerning political topics and anything else she talks about.

"I became an artist because we are the only profession that celebrates what it means to live a life."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I literally went to bed 5 hours early just to avoid my SO watching the Oscars and the possible noise pollution from it, as well as all forms of social media. I woke up today, caught a wiff of the shit storm and went silent again.

Posting this from a break in my bicycle ride

Heard a conspiracy that they botched the end of the Oscars on purpose because too many black actors/actresses won so they wanted to not give them the spotlight for another speech lol

Probably just an honest mistake

Imagine if that had happened the other way around!!!

Meryl Streeps head would've exploded all over the first 3 rows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even though Moonlight 100% deserved Best Picture this year, I can't help but feel like there is definitely some #OscarsSoWhite damage control at work here because I'm a cynical curmudgeon at heart. The entire ceremony was really fucking awkward tbh, so that botched announcement at the end was just the cherry on top lol. But still, good for Moonlight. It will stand the test of time more than La La Land ever will.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if that had happened the other way around!!!

If that were the case, I have a feeling the actual winner envelope would have been burned in a fire & anyone who knew about it would be sworn to secrecy under the penalty of death.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Real talk though. The obsession that the Oscars have on Meryl Streep is pretty weird. Everyone I know think she's good but nothing like what the Oscars portray yet the Oscars treat every movie she's in like it's another Gone With the Wind. It's pretty annoying. And then when she's not in a movie, they act like she's going to die the next year so they put her on a pedestal.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Real talk though. The obsession that the Oscars have on Meryl Streep is pretty weird. Everyone I know think she's good but nothing like what the Oscars portray yet the Oscars treat every movie she's in like it's another Gone With the Wind. It's pretty annoying. And then when she's not in a movie, they act like she's going to die the next year so they put her on a pedestal.

THIS

I've never seen a Meryl Streep movie. I can think of two movies with her in it. The circlejerk around her is insufferable

• Upvote (+1) 3