CyReN

Film Discussion

local 5 dollar theatre is showing Arrival, they have a sandwich shop next door and you can bring your food into the theatre while you watch. The theatre was built in the glow of the glorious pre depression era decadence., according to andrew olson, a time of R&R for race relations; 100. and while its an older antiquated theater, I think its a cool dive and I might go see it as a juxtaposition of sorts haha

Old school theaters are always cool experiences. The Music Box is a good one. And the theater in downtown Woodstock used to be home to a theatre troupe whose most famous player was Orson Welles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and Groundhogs Day was shot in Woodstock! 

haha that one I always heard about. The Woodstock theater is one I've been going to since I was a child because it was so close to my house. Like two miles close. I had no idea what kind of history it had until a year ago haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish 3D in theaters would just die. IMAX is a cool guy but it's in bed with 3D so I still can't avoid it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish 3D in theaters would just die. IMAX is a cool guy but it's in bed with 3D so I still can't avoid it.

watch in Dolby if you can instead. It it totes mcgotes

i totally agree. the ending had mixed reviews but i thought it was dope af

bunker dwelling during an apocalypse gets my feels all warm and fuzzy.

Thought the ending was brilliant too.  Such a great twist on the plot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Petes Dragon was amazing. Cried the last 10 minutes easy.

Best movie of the year hands down.

Petes Dragon was amazing. Cried the last 10 minutes easy.

Best movie of the year hands down.

lovedi t as well. Bound to be a classic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Favorite films 2016: Arrival, Moonlight, The Neon Demon, Green Room, Kubo and the Two Strings, The Edge of Seventeen, The Nice Guys, Swiss Army Man, The Witch, Captain America: Civil War

HM: Hell or High Water, Zootopia, Doctor Strange, Deadpool

Least favorite films 2016: Mechanic: Resurrection, Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Legend of Tarzan, Sausage Party

Subject to change over the next few weeks while I'm on break, but I figured I would post something now since it's already 2017. Not like there are any shockers or hidden gems in here but w/e

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sausage Party was shit. It was another case of "we'll put every funny moment in the trailers." I think I laughed out loud once in that whole movie and I don't even remember what it was. Good idea for a movie but the wrong people did it.

CIVIL WAR?

:weback:

Also, Tokyo Drifter is fucking great. The color palette seemed way more akin for a musical, but I loved it.

The best part of Civil War was the ending... black panther gonna be a great movie! Also, Spiderman was impressive, best yet? I think so.