CyReN

Film Discussion

I already went there with you but we're at a point where you can't take me any further. Ewoks are dope.

1. Empire

2. New Hope

3. Force Awakens

4. Jedi

5. Rogue One

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Clone Wars

8. Phantom Menace

Still need to watch The Handmaiden, American HoneyA Bigger SplashThe Love Witch and Elle, but I think my top10 is solidified. Pretty great year for cinema despite the mostly shitty summer blockbuster season.

1. La La Land
  2. Moonlight
  3. O.J. Made in America
  4. Everybody Wants Some!!
  5. Manchester by the Sea
  6. The VVitch
  7. Arrival
  8. Pete's Dragon
  9. Sing Street
  10. Rogue One

Jackie, The Nice Guys, The Edge of Seventeen, Hell or High Water, The Lobster, Civil War, Kubo and the Two Strings, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Love & Friendship, Popstar, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Zootopia, The Invitation, In a Valley of Violence, The Neon Demon, Eye in the Sky, Doctor Strange up there as well.

Most disappointing films:

• Suicide Squad
  • Jason Bourne
  • Triple 9
  • Nocturnal Animals (decent tho)
  • The Girl on the Train
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Still need to watch The Handmaiden, American HoneyA Bigger SplashThe Love Witch and Elle, but I think my top10 is solidified. Pretty great year for cinema despite the mostly shitty summer blockbuster season.

1. La La Land
  2. Moonlight
  3. O.J. Made in America
  5. Manchester by the Sea
  6. The VVitch
  7. Arrival
  8. Pete's Dragon
  9. Sing Street
  10. Rogue One

Jackie, The Nice Guys, The Edge of Seventeen, Hell or High Water, The Lobster, Civil War, Kubo and the Two Strings, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Love & Friendship, Popstar, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Zootopia, The Invitation, In a Valley of Violence, The Neon Demon, Eye in the Sky, Doctor Strange up there as well.

• Suicide Squad
  • Jason Bourne
  • Triple 9
  • The Girl on the Train

Have you seen Fences? Looking forward to Silence.

Rogue One is aight. I'd probably give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 with 5 being average. Felt like the first half to 2/3 of the film was pretty muddled and incoherent and most of the characters were meh. The final half or third definitely saved the storyline though. The action sequences were definitely top notch and some of the visuals were neat as well.

Still need to get around to seeing some of the films that came out in the last month or two (Moonlight,Manchester by the Sea, Nocturnal Animals, etc) but out of the films I've seen this year Hell or High Water, Arrival, 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Neon Demon, Hail, Caesar! and Zootopia have been some of my favorites.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. La La Land
  2. Moonlight
  3. O.J. Made in America
  5. Manchester by the Sea
  6. The VVitch
  7. Arrival
  8. Pete's Dragon
  9. Sing Street
  10. Rogue One

• Suicide Squad
  • Jason Bourne
  • Triple 9
  • The Girl on the Train

I liked Jason Bourne, but it could have been SOOOO much better. Paul Greengrass's story fell flat in places.

To me, Suicide Squad looked godawful from the start.

1a) Arrival

1b) Rogue One 

2)Captain America: Civil War

3)Doctor Strange

4)Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

5)Jason Bourne

Thus far this year. I want to see Rogue One again and watch Hacksaw Ridge...maybe Assassins Creed.

Aside from the predictable story line, what didn't you like about the last star wars film? 

With 2017 around the corner, what are some of the movies you guys are looking forward to the most in the new year? 

Mine has to be John Wick 2

With 2017 around the corner, what are some of the movies you guys are looking forward to the most in the new year? 

Mine has to be John Wick 2

I am sorry to say this, but how was John Wick any good? When I watched it for the first time, I was wondering what the story was  and why it was so incredibly boring. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You don't have to be sorry lol some people just aren't into certain movies or actors. I just happen to love Keanu and thought it was easily his best movie since the first Matrix film. 

You don't have to be sorry lol some people just aren't into certain movies or actors. I just happen to love Keanu and thought it was easily his best movie since the first Matrix film. 

the gun play is actually pretty impressive in that film.  He did a ton of live fire training with reputable instructors in the military community.

Ryan Gosling in the new balde runner?! i'm sure it's old news and i think i heard that before, but just saw the trailer..

movie im most looking forward to in 2017(so far)

ever since breaker high i've been i've been a fan of Gosling

40% off all blurays, including Criterions (plus box sets), on Barnes and Noble right now.

I cant wait for the new Mighty Ducks movie!

local 5 dollar theatre is showing Arrival, they have a sandwich shop next door and you can bring your food into the theatre while you watch. The theatre was built in the glow of the glorious pre depression era decadence., according to andrew olson, a time of R&R for race relations; 100.  and while its an older antiquated theater, I think its a cool dive and I might go see it as a juxtaposition of sorts haha