CyReN

Film Discussion

Not gonna lie, teared up a bit at the end.

I thought it was similar to interstellar but almost cleaner and a bit more poetic I guess.

Amy Adams was great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saw Arrival on Sunday, it was great. Teared up as well @@Cypress

Also really excited for Rogue One, reviews are telling me everything I wanted to hear: amazing, violent, world-building, and lots of easter eggs for Star Wars nerds like myself.

A friend of mine posted a fb status saying something along the lines of fuck r1 for killing off luke skywalker. the responses are hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rogue-One-Star-Wars-4-700x296.jpg

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Directed by Gareth Edwards

96/100

Cant fuckin wait to see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you guys see R1 in 3D? My friend is offering to pay for half my ticket if I agree to see it in 3D. Personally, i'd rather just go see it in standard. 3D is annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gotta say, Arrival was even better than I anticipated. Beautiful movie.

I LOVED Arrival. That and Rogue One for best movies of the year to me.

Rogue One is AMAZING. Minor issues aside, I loved it. Felicity Jones was darn good, but not like the surprise Daisy Ridley was. <3 Daisy Ridley.  

The battle sequence....WOOOOOW. ILM knows their stuff.

Darth Vader.... duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..  HELL of a way to cap it off. Not to mention you know who at the very, very end.  :D

I still liked The Force Awakens more. 

Rogue One was a solid 6 or 7/10. Outside of Ben Mendelsohn the characters were a bit meh but I liked most of everything else

And man that Vader scene was almost too good. To the point where it sort of showed up what came before it and made me wish the film was even more brutal

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you guys see R1 in 3D? My friend is offering to pay for half my ticket if I agree to see it in 3D. Personally, i'd rather just go see it in standard. 3D is annoying.

I saw it 3D. Didnt add much but didnt mess with it

Dude yea I agree 100% standard is the best!

I saw it in standard. There aren't many places where I think 3D would enhance the experience enough to make it worth seeing that way.

All in all, I thought Rogue One was pretty great. By far the best Star Wars flick since the OT. The ending (and the ending to the ending) were so incredibly satisfying. Loved Mendolsohn and Jones. Luna not so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not tripping over ewoks anymore. They may have looked cute but they were pretty savage. Luke Skywalker almost went into an ewok meat pie.

Luke could've slayed their entire tree village and made them extinct without breaking a sweat but he's a JEDI. You wanna take this to Star Wars Discussion? Don't go there with me. They were as unnecessary as Jar Jar. Best thing about Jedi was the Emperor, Slave Leia and the father/son duel.