CyReN

Film Discussion

Bought Punch Drunk Love and The Graduate as well with the B&N 50% sale.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Arrival was great, only parts I didn't like were the fews times they made Forest Whitakers character seem really stupid

Arrival was great, only parts I didn't like were the fews times they made Forest Whitakers character seem really stupid

i believe it seemed that way because she was keeping secrets and he was completely in the dark about most of the big twists

I have been asleep. Could you guys please recommend some films I might have missed from the last year or two

2016:

• The VVitch
  • Pete's Dragon
  • Hell or High Water
  • Swiss Army Man
  • Everybody Wants Some!!
  • Moonlight
  • Arrival
  • The Edge of Seventeen
  • The Neon Demon
  • Hunt for the Wilderpeople
  • Doctor Strange
  • Sing Street
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane
  • The Nice Guys
  • Love & Friendship
  • The Lobster
  • Green Room
  • Popstar: Never Stop Never Popping
  • Eye in the Sky
  • The Invitation
  • In a Valley of Violence
  • Hail, Caesar!
  • Cafe Society
  • La La Land
  • Upvote (+1) 2

...it's not even out yet

I've caught 15 minutes and I was entranced. 

The Edge of Seventeen was good. Hit all the relatable feels hard as a mutha fucka.

<p>

2016:

• The VVitch
  • Pete's Dragon
  • Hell or High Water
  • Swiss Army Man
  • Everybody Wants Some!!
  • Moonlight
  • Arrival
  • The Edge of Seventeen
  • The Neon Demon
  • Hunt for the Wilderpeople
  • Doctor Strange
  • Sing Street
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane
  • The Nice Guys
  • Love & Friendship
  • The Lobster
  • Green Room
  • Popstar: Never Stop Never Popping
  • Eye in the Sky
  • The Invitation
  • In a Valley of Violence
  • Hail, Caesar!
  • Cafe Society
  • La La Land
Missing Kubo and the Two Strings. One of my favorites so far.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks reason only seen like 5 of these. you've always been v helpful

I haven't seen it but you said in the past that you really liked A Single Man didn't you? Well Tom Ford's new film Nocturnal Animals is in the cinema atm so check dat shit out mayne, its great
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Edge of Seventeen was good. Hit all the relatable feels hard as a mutha fucka.

Missing Kubo and the Two Strings. One of my favorites so far.

Watched Kubo the day after I posted that. Love Laika, glad Focus Features lets them do their thing despite not being huge moneymakers for them.

Really dug Edge of Seventeen too; Steinfeld's first good role since True Grit. More good roles for her plz.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watched Kubo the day after I posted that. Love Laika, glad Focus Features lets them do their thing despite not being huge moneymakers for them.

Really dug Edge of Seventeen too; Steinfeld's first good role since True Grit. More good roles for her plz.

it's too bad Disney practically has the Academy in their deep ass pockets, because a well-deserved Oscar for Kubo would at least put more eyeballs on what Laika is doing.

Steinfeld is so bae. I was actually surprised how well all the primary characters handled their roles in The Edge of Seventeen. The whole film just had a really organic feel to it

it's too bad Disney practically has the Academy in their deep ass pockets, because a well-deserved Oscar for Kubo would at least put more eyeballs on what Laika is doing.

Steinfeld is so bae. I was actually surprised how well all the primary characters handled their roles in The Edge of Seventeen. The whole film just had a really organic feel to it

They even made the asshole love interest have some humanity.

hailee steinfeld sings beautifully, i just found out that starving song was her haha.

edge of seventeen destroyed me in the beginning cuz my dad died recently too. he was the only person that got me and has always been my best friend. the entire film really hit home for me, such a great cinematic experience. you guys were right about the organic feel. it was comedic but the entire thing felt natural. incredible acting - true grit was already a huge flag but wow, she's gonna be huge. does anyone else feel like the brother favors a young ben affleck?

Going to see Fantastic Beasts today. Think I'll make the trip to see Manchester By The Sea on Friday.

Need La-La Land in my life already

Tom-Ford-hypnotises-Venice-with-thriller

Nocturnal Animals dir. by Tom Ford

Dark and twisted. It makes you think deeply about yourself and the human psyche. Incredible storytelling! 

89/100