CyReN

Film Discussion

It was so fuckcing surreal to just be at parties were AAA movie stars are. Michael Fassbender, Chris Pratt.. they're were all just chilling. nobody trying to take photos, etc.

tonight was fucking awesome

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just spent the last 20 minutes talking with Michael Fassbender about my career. We joked about Shame and also about how fucking high he was at the balcony party we were at

:intensifies:

I know I'm late on some of these movies, I just watched them for the first time, in these past few months.

The Revenant is amazing. Just a beautiful looking movie. Yeah it's kind of weak that it the movie'splot comes down to revenge, but at least they acknowledge that in the movie.

Tried watching The Watchmen a few times before, but finally watched the whole thing and payed attention. I think it's the best superhero movie behind The Dark Knight.

I just watched Mad Max:Fury Road last night. Never watched a Mad Max film before, but really enjoyed Fury Road.

Still need to watch this. Been wanting to watch it for years.

The only thing I've watched from the movie is this music video

https://youtu.be/qcOiJnWniWg

Where is everyone? Seems like Off Topic is dead in general.

Fantasy football group chat ravaged these lands

• Upvote (+1) 2

I ain't gone nowhere, although I did start a film & tv course. Can't wait to get my "not a pleb" certificate

Going to try blow through a load of horror this month. Watched Suspiria first which was sooooo up my street, followed by The Orphanage which very much was not. Turned it off after like an hour, seriously overrated film imo

Criterion Flash Sale

Bought:

- Blow Out

- In the Mood for Love

- Moonrise Kingdom

- Thief

- Solaris

- Branded to Kill {blind buy)

- Tokyo Drifter (blind buy, pretty excited for this)

Wish Chungking Express wasn't out of print though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great grabs bruv. Branded to Kill & Tokyo Drifter were two of my best blind buys back in the day. Fucking awesome neo-noirs. Branded to Kill especially.

& this is where I brag about having found a used bluray copy of Chungking Express @ a Newury Comics for $16 forever ago.

I wanted to grab The Dekalog, but it was just under $50 for the free shipping, so now I'm just gonna have to buy it full price on Amazon at some point around the holidays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@hapaxlegomena I bought an out-of-print Army of Shadows Criterion for $16 at my local video store the other day.

I might buy that Tati box set too.

Watched WARCRAFT the other night.

Visually appealing but typical story line, although I don't know how closely it follows the games story line.

Also watched Money Monster.

George Clooney and Julia Roberts in another movie together, weird? I was more interested in Jack O'Connell who I thought was great, been following his career since Skins. The ending was lack luster in my opinion, other wise good movie.

Next on the list is, in no particular order:

Captain Fantastic

Lights Out

Secret Life Of Pets

Independence Day Resurgence

Swiss Army Man

Scorsese's "The Irishman" rumored to finally begin shooting Febuary of next year. hnnnggg

Scorsese's "The Irishman" rumored to finally begin shooting Febuary of next year. hnnnggg

McGregor finally caught his break in Hollywood.

You fucked up not getting The Dekalog tbh

@@Proximity said I should've picked up Ivan's Childhood.

Next time, next time..so many to pick up...