CyReN

Film Discussion

People who find Ghostbusters legitimately funny must enjoy the big bang theory and 2 broke girls.

I laughed maybe 3 times

• Upvote (+1) 1

Took me a while to get into Barry Lyndon (to the point where I actually had to watch it in 3 parts) but it was pretty great all in all

• Upvote (+1) 1

Star Trek Beyond was disappointing. Mostly dull action, plot made about as much sense as Into Darkness (which is to say not very much), the humour was very hit and miss, and the villain was pretty weak yet again. His motives are actually pretty interesting and would probably make (or has already made) a great TNG episode but you don't find them out until too late and they're explored too little. 

The ensemble cast were great as always, as was the score. The whole aesthetic laid down by the 09 film still looks great even if nothing new is really done with it, and there's a moment involving a song that I imagine will split people on whether it's cheesy or fun. Personally I thought it was the best part of the film and I was smiling like an idiot when it happened but to each their own.

But yea overall just really weak

The fact its the third installment and managed to not suck complete donkey dick is decent enough for me. Can't say the same for most other franchises... Spiderman, Terminator, Blade, The Fast and the Furious, Xmen, Robocop, Superman, Batman Forever, etc. Yikes. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Tokyo Drift uhhhh is fucking great.

hey mami, you sexy

• Upvote (+1) 2

People who find Ghostbusters legitimately funny must enjoy the big bang theory and 2 broke girls.

I laughed maybe 3 times

You know what I consider on the same level of people who found the new Ghostbusters funny? People who paid to watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

there's a moment involving a song that I imagine will split people on whether it's cheesy or fun. Personally I thought it was the best part of the film and I was smiling like an idiot when it happened but to each their own.

same. i thought that scene was dope af

Tokyo Drift uhhhh is fucking great.

hey mami, you sexy

so fucking good

surprise bitch, from Adam Wingard (You're Next, The Guest).

• Upvote (+1) 2

haha no fucking way, I haven't even seen The Blair Witch Project but that was a slick bait and switch. The trailer looks pretty generic but I have faith in Adam "John Carpenter" Wingard

Before Midnight, Tokyo Drift, The Bourne Ultimatum, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, The Land Before Time III - The Time of the Great Giving, Toy Story 3, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome, Lady Vengeance, Three Ninjas - High Noon at Mega Mountain Back to The Future III, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, The Godfather III, Big Mommas House - Like Father Like Son, Problem Child 3 Junior in Love, and Return of the mother fucking jedi

lol knighty sweet point, not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Die hard 3, Mission Impossible 3, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Captain America 3, and the GOAT: Army of Darkness

• Upvote (+1) 3

can we ban knighty for being a dolt?

these shit posts are too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

tbf there are a lot of poor 3rd installments out there. Similar to tv finales, its pretty difficult to maintain tension while still offering a satisfying conclusion that isn't too game changing but also doesn't play it too safe. Add things like fan service (can't have too much or too little) and you're pretty much spinning a million plates at once

tbf there are a lot of poor 3rd installments out there. Similar to tv finales, its pretty difficult to maintain tension while still offering a satisfying conclusion that isn't too game changing but also doesn't play it too safe. Add things like fan service (can't have too much or too little) and you're pretty much spinning a million plates at once

Its very difficult to write anything more than 90 minutes, let alone three two hour films - its why you get so many shows that seemingly drop off the cliff after season one.

pretty basic stuff, but as a viewer i crave more content, so i dont mind if it dips slightly in quality

JASON BOURNE was Greengrass and Damon collecting a nice paycheck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Star Trek Beyond felt more like an episode of an ST series than either of the other two films. Pleasant surprise. Much better than the second movie.

• Upvote (+1) 5