CyReN

Film Discussion

They can't afford paying off enough critics to save a bad movie.

It's the aggregate age. If it's shit, we'll hear about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wtf Abbas Kiarostami died on the fourth AND NOBODY TOLD ME

all over film twitter 

2016 so cruel and only halfway though

i'm not a degenerate who uses twitter god dammit.

Devastating news to me, & it sucks even worse that it took so long for me to even learn about it.

I really had no sort of bias or agenda going into this Ghostbusters remake but every trailer has made it look absolutely terrible

i'm not a degenerate who uses twitter god dammit.

Devastating news to me, & it sucks even worse that it took so long for me to even learn about it.

You're just a degenerate who uses Beyond. 

I've only seen Certified Copy from him; still need to watch Close-UpTaste of Cherry, etc somehow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any movie with Melissa McCarthy makes me want to puke.

i liked her in bridesmaids or st vincent but any movie she leads is gonna be terrible 

• Downvote (-1) 1

You're just a degenerate who uses Beyond.

I've only seen Certified Copy from him; still need to watch Close-Up, Taste of Cherry, etc somehow.

Close-Up is unbelievable. It probably sits somewhere in my top 25 of all time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i liked her in bridesmaids or st vincent but any movie she leads is gonna be terrible 

Yeah her Bridesmaids character was decent because her screen time was limited.  High doses of her are unbearable.  She essentially got the female version of the Galifianakis treatment after the Hangover.  Unfortunately she isn't that funny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah her Bridesmaids character was decent because her screen time was limited.  High doses of her are unbearable.  She essentially got the female version of the Galifianakis treatment after the Hangover.  Unfortunately she isn't that funny.

exactly

• Downvote (-1) 1

Melissa McCarthy works best as the straight man (BridesmaidsSpy) and not when she's being obnoxious (all the non-Feig comedies). Never watched Gilmore Girls despite hearing its GOAT, but apparently she's solid in that as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

has anyone ever asked where you lie on the autism spectrum?

because I always wonder after reading your posts/retorts

^^^

this is what im talking about knighty.

"the feeling is mutual"?

you wonder if you have autism? the fuck?

what kind of come back is that?

Damien Chazelle's follow-up to Whiplash, which is an ode to the Golden Age of musicals in the 40s/50s. Gosling and Emma Stone are such a winning pair. And yes, that's Gosling singing. 

That hair dryer shot, Stone in front of the movie screen, etc all the shots are so lush and vibrant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neon Demon was bananas. There were a few things that didn't really work for me and the quality of the acting/dialogue seemed to (purposefully or not) change every other scene, but overall I really enjoyed it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else seeing Ghostbusters this weekend? It's gotten relatively good reviews which was to be expected with such a good cast. It should be pretty good.