CyReN

Film Discussion

Hail, Caesar! was better than I thought it was gonna be but it still wasn't top tier Coen bros or anything. The Channing Tatum dance number was amazing....the man has it all

And I can't believe I slept on Steve Jobs for so long, really annoyed at myself for not seeing it in the cinema now.

Iron man 3 is a great movie!

bless this man.

VIP for a day.

@@kwozy moto

did you like the ending? No way Fincher would've ended the film like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

bless this man.

VIP for a day.

@@kwozy moto

did you like the ending? No way Fincher would've ended the film like that.

legit thought he was walking over to close a door in her face, would've cried laughing. As it is though I agree Fincher would've ended on a more sombre note like he did with The Social Network. I'm a big fan of Boyle though and even though the ending might be a little cheesy, I don't think it undermines/erases any of Jobs' faults shown throughout the film.

Boyle also used his erratic cutting and style in such cool contrast to the very talk-y script, making scenes like the Fassbender/Daniels showdown feel like an action scene. I love how even if not everything sticks, Boyle is always looking to try new things. I mean look at this shit

https://youtu.be/PS5oJAtJnn4

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@kwozy moto

the tete-a-tete between Fassbender and Daniels was one of my favorites last year; beats most action scenes too.

And yeah, the ending was a bit too sentimental and fan-service-ish (ipod) but didn't ruin the film for me or anything.

legit thought he was walking over to close a door in her face, would've cried laughing. As it is though I agree Fincher would've ended on a more sombre note like he did with The Social Network. I'm a big fan of Boyle though and even though the ending might be a little cheesy, I don't think it undermines/erases any of Jobs' faults shown throughout the film.

Boyle also used his erratic cutting and style in such cool contrast to the very talk-y script, making scenes like the Fassbender/Daniels showdown feel like an action scene. I love how even if not everything sticks, Boyle is always looking to try new things. I mean look at this shit

https://youtu.be/PS5oJAtJnn4

I really, really enjoyed Steve Jobs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The BFG is an instant classic but it tanked pretty hard in the box office. Le sigh..

you sure do love your kiddie flicks. makes sense. #findingportman

• Upvote (+1) 1

The BFG is an instant classic but it tanked pretty hard in the box office. Le sigh..

Bad marketing. The trailers didn't get me interested in that movie. I was also disappointed that it wasn't about the Doom gun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, watched the Warcraft movie today. The world & the orcs were pretty good. However; the plot, characters, dialogue and the actors playing human were pretty darn bad, and at some spots the action & camera swapping was too. It felt like a budget film. Overall, only watch it if you want to watch a good looking world and orcs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bad marketing. The trailers didn't get me interested in that movie. I was also disappointed that it wasn't about the Doom gun.

same

If anybody wants to see what happens when Ryan Gosling writes/directs a movie, you should watch LOST RIVER. Surprisingly (to me) it's pretty cool

You had me at Gosling....

and Christina Hendricks...

and Saoirse Ronan...

but mainly Gosling.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of Blade Runner but it was on my pc so I gave it a rewatch (didn't really change my mind about it) and gave it a quick edit

The soundtrack, aesthetic, acting, and just all the production in general is top notch. The film just feels sort of dull to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if Ghostbusters continues to get good reviews, i'm gonna win a pretty huge bet w/ a friend

Paul Feig's brand of comedy must really be hard to market; trailers have been abysmal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i havent seen a push for a movie this persistent since star wars. it's got major money behind the marketing. im willing to bet every critic is paid off