CyReN

Film Discussion

literally the only funny moment of the film was when some older lady eventually walked out & could be heard saying "this movie is sick what kind of sick person would make a movie like this"

as for the rest of the patrons, apparently a free movie means all movie theatre etiquette no longer applies. ruined the movie for me. good thing it's playing a theatre that's not too far from me this weekend

literally the only funny moment of the film was when some older lady eventually walked out & could be heard saying "this movie is sick what kind of sick person would make a movie like this"

as for the rest of the patrons, apparently a free movie means all movie theatre etiquette no longer applies. ruined the movie for me. good thing it's playing a theatre that's not too far from me this weekend

Coincidentally I had the very same thing happen to me when I saw Drive a few years back. I didn't really mind because everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves well enough but it definitely deflated some of the more brutal scenes

Watched The Witch out my friend's back garden last night, the whole projector set up worked far too well and I can't wait to do it again in future. Of course we ended up picking the longest day of the year to do it so had to wait until like half 10 to start it haha

yYKm161.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

so these fucking normies took my seat

Disgusting 

Me and my friend are seeing either on the weekend or next week. 

Oh yea and The Witch was quality. Also have child actors just gotten better over the last decade~ or am I imagining things? Either way this whole horror resurgence pleases me greatly

• Upvote (+1) 2

The pre screening crowd for Civil War cheered and yelled for shit that didnt need it. Different kind of crowd yeah, but i'm trying to watch a movie, not watch a saturday morning cartoon with my nephew 

Oh yea and The Witch was quality. Also have child actors just gotten better over the last decade~ or am I imagining things? Either way this whole horror resurgence pleases me greatly

same -- its about damn time

• Downvote (-1) 1

Figured the crowd would suck. The audience for Civil War was obnoxious

shocker...

The pre screening crowd for Civil War cheered and yelled for shit that didnt need it. Different kind of crowd yeah, but i'm trying to watch a movie, not watch a saturday morning cartoon with my nephew 

that's a product of your city

did you dig it? 

i'm seeing it on sunday

Sure did. As a filmmaker who has always worn his influences on his sleeve, Refn's style & personal vision is more fully realized in The Neon Demon than any of his other films.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Neon Demon is such a slow burn. I can't get it off my mind, & the more I think about it, the more I realize how much I really really like it. Being isolated from the experience is opening up my appreciation for the film more & more. Everything just gels so well--the visuals, soundtrack, dissociation from reality, etcetera. There are quite a few moments in particular that are pure cinematic ecstasy for me, especially that demon dance scene in the club holy shit. Refn will always get my money many times over. Can't wait to go see it again tbh.

3x huh? ok, give us a review if ur sober that time

sober review: see it on acid 7.5/10

So it turns out 2001 really is as good as everyone says it is....It happens so often that I have no reason to still be surprised but for some reason I never expect these classics to be as good as they're supposed to be. There was also one scene that I thought could be cut into a nice trailer so I gave it a shot

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speaking of old movies were just seeing now, I just watched 8mile recently. Never preferred rap (although I respect it) but that movie was really good, the underground rap scene is an interesting setting.

• Downvote (-1) 1