CyReN

Film Discussion

Oh yea forgot to say I saw Jungle Book aswell, really liked it! Not a lot to say about it but its just some solid fun/entertainment. That said, for how visually striking the movie was and how incredible the CGI was, I thought it was actually a little jarring during the "I Wanna Be Like You" scene. He's just sitting there and his eyes look a bit lifeless, almost reminded me of talking to a big stationary NPC in a video game. 

Also @@hapaxlegomena Kermode has yo back

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really want to see Zootopia, you really liked it eh?

Yeah, I couldn't tell from the trailers but the animation is next level brilliant. Up there with The Jungle Book which is the BEST CGI I think I've ever seen. I couldn't tell that literally everything I was seeing besides the boy... was fake. (that's a first)

Zootopia had great characters and a great story; simple as that. But surrounding their relationship and the progress of the narrative was a storm of tiny little details and themes that only adults could pick up on which most Disney movies do but it seemed so polished in this particular one. It blew my expectations away. There's literally nothing bad I can say about it except the fact I spent $20 and I'm willing to spend another $20 to enjoy it with friends and family haha. Definitely check it out, it's this years Inside Out for sure!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Friend Request looks bad, but the dude is all for Unfriended, so he my ***. eat shit knighty.

I also saw The Jungle Book. It was alright. I thought the musical numbers were awkward. The Mowgli actor had a lot of moments where you could tell he was talking to something that wasn't seen on screen. Idris Elba was a great voice actor for Shere Khan; he was intimidating. The ending was bad. I also wasn't able to immerse myself fully in the visuals--easily its strongest element--because 3D is so distracting to me. I'd probably see it again in standard to give it another shot tho

I felt like it did 3D a lot of justice. I hate 3D personally but I didn't mind it here. I agree on the singing, but it had to be done.

As far as the 'social media' genre goes - I'm not saying it can't work, I'm just waiting for a good one. Unfriended was a good idea. Had there been a few good actors in those skype calls I could've enjoyed it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Unfriended was legit trash. So let me get this straight, a popular attractive girl gets drunk and shits herself. Someone films it. Then all of her friends on facebook tell her to "KILL YOURSELF!" "WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE, YOU BITCH!?" Lol what? The online conversation was natural but the students weren't. The plot of this movie reeks of it being written by a 40-year old soccer mom on what she thinks high school is like after watching Fox News.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's most likely going to be terrible but I'll probably still enjoy it

Friend Request looks bad, but the dude is all for Unfriended, so he my ***. eat shit knighty.

I also saw The Jungle Book. It was alright. I thought the musical numbers were awkward. The Mowgli actor had a lot of moments where you could tell he was talking to something that wasn't seen on screen. Idris Elba was a great voice actor for Shere Khan; he was intimidating. The ending was bad. I also wasn't able to immerse myself fully in the visuals--easily its strongest element--because 3D is so distracting to me. I'd probably see it again in standard to give it another shot tho

I couldn't help but think of all movies the other actors played in; I thought their voices were too well known and it distracted me. Other than Idris who was a boss and extremely intimidating.

I couldn't help but think of all movies the other actors played in; I thought their voices were too well known and it distracted me. Other than Idris who was a boss and extremely intimidating.

agreed. ScarJo was particularly awkward imo

I am unashamedly hyped for Independence Day 2. I mentioned a while back how the level of destruction in it looks so bananas that I can only appreciate it, and that trailer just solidifies the self-awareness of the film for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

how did u give the junglebook a 97/100 what the fuck

bro Jon Favrau is the best director since ever

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Prescription Thugs, same guy who did Bigger Stronger Faster. Pretty intense look behind the scenes of a few guys in high level sports getting addicted to pills and addiction in general from over the counter medicine.

Didn't realize Giancarlo was one of the voice actors; met him once, ended up having lunch next to him in San Diego, really nice guy.

did some more edits

I've always been big into trailers, well done set pieces in films, and that sort of adrenaline you get from either one. So trying my hand at putting something similar together has been really fun. That second one was done in a day btw so its a little rough in places

• Upvote (+1) 1